Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Violent][City] Breakwater

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

Click me for Music!

Travelers, sailors, soldiers and merchants all throughout the Northern Kingdoms bring word to you of Breakwater, calling it the 'heart of Anhald'. They sing praise of the city, speaking of the fearsome keep, the noble people, and the powerful industry of the kingdom.

[MODERATE REGION]

--x--

The city of Breakwater is the capital of Anhald, a kingdom lead by the Kaiser Peter I. Breakwater and Anhald are not known for culture or art, but the people are hardworking and honest and the upper class are the most noble and proud in the entire realm. The majority religion is worship of Ignis Synnove and none other, but any who believe in a Pantheon deity are permitted. The city was founded by the Kaiser Peter as a keep with a small peasant village before his ascension to the throne, but it has since grown to a bustling walled city.

Anhald is known well for strict law enforcement and a harsh military. The Northern Kingdoms are a harsh world, and the Kaiser means to carve out a good chunk of it for his people. Most peasants are expected to serve as military levies in the time of war. However, the Kaiser is true and honourable, and does not make war without a just cause, nor does he raise any man above the law. Punishment for crime is strict and the city is safe.

--x--

Breakwater is located on the Anhald continent, in the area of the kingdom known as the Heimatprovinz, where the river Oakwater meets the sea. Notable neighbours are the mining town of Champagnac and the Schloss Bayard upon the ruins of Haven. Ships are frequent at the docks of Breakwater, and paying for passage to the city is rarely arduous.

--x--

History

Originally constructed solely as a keep by the Graf von Hallon, Peter, locals banded together beneath the Hallon banner for protection, establishing houses along the banks of the Oakwater. As the populace grew, the city expanded. The plains sprouted into fields of crops, trees gave way to the iron grip of industry to construct new homes and vessels, and wooden palisades became formidable stone walls. The second keep, home to the Kaiser's feared Inquisition, was established to house peasant levies and prisoners. The two holdfasts once had names, but are now only known as the Northern and Southern Keeps.

Law of the City

Click here!

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

--x--

Trade Goods

Steel - Fine steel drawn from the depths of Champagnac.
Pelts - Moose, bear, deer, and beaver pelts for comfortable winter garb.
Oak - Fine timber for the production of homes and ships.
Poppy's Milk - Opium for dulling pain, physical or mental.
Honey - Sweet mead and honey from the city apiaries.
Salt - Breakwater hosts the Northern Kingdoms' only salt pannery.
Alcohol - The city produces high quality champagne and wine.
Pets - The people of Anhald have domesticated hunting beasts for the noble class's entertainment. See 'Notable Nature'

---x--

Notable Nature

If you're familiar with the flora and fauna of Germany, Canada, and Scotland, chances are you're familiar with Breakwater and the surrounding lands. However, for those unaware, notable animals include -

- Brown Bears
- Moose
- Wild Horses
- Stoats and Weasels
- Golden Eagles
- Ospreys
- Grey Wolves
- Beavers
- Badgers
- Walruses
- Elk
- Anhald Shepherds [Domesticated]
- Wolfhounds [Domesticated]
- Great Danes [Domesticated]
- Ferrets [Domesticated]

Please discuss with Cap before hunting or taking animals from Breakwater's notable animals.

--x--

People of Breakwater

- Kaiser Peter the First Cap
- Kaiserin Elaine the First Smurf
- Crown Prince Edmund Mitch
- Prince Arthur Rygan
- Landeteritter Garen Dormus Azur
- Reichsritter Jeor Varyn Arken
- Reichsgrafin Jacqueline d'Evreaux Lannis
- Landeteritter Vlad Walanescu / Wallace Sir Andrew Wallins
- Ovar Sif Sigurd [Occasionally] The Courier
- Man-at-Arms Alexander blargtheawesome
- Levy Cass ZeroOrgan
- Levy Varix Raphael_Payne

Missing you? Notify me!

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Will the gate be opening now that the easy peet is in charge?

Cedric would like to set up shop here selling maps to the sailors.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Security rating for Breakwater jail. Housed underground in the barracks in the heart of the city.

+2 for stone & iron
+2 for permanent guard: Aleksei (blargtheawesome )
+1 Underground
+1 Guard station right outside of jail
+0 Basic amenities, unlikely to riot too much, but being deep underground with no windows might take the piss out of them. (+1/-1 cancel out)
+1 No visitation

+7 divided by 2 is 3.5, so bonus modifier of 3.5

Security rating: 13.5/20 ( 32.5% Success of breaking out/ 67.5% Failure of breaking out)

Archiaz Freyholt

Lord of Altera
OOC Name - Archiaz
IC Name - Archiaz Freyholt
Profession - Archiaz can do any job (he has pros and cons in each skill)

I'm a traveler so I kinda change one place to another, not unless the place is interesting enough and makes me wanna go back again since staying in villages or towns ain't my priority or something holds me back (RP).

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Seems good enough to me. Just show up and we'll find a job for you. I'm available for RP now.

TurtlePrada

Lord of Altera
OOC Name - TurtlePrada, though I'll be using muh TortugaChanel account :^)
IC Name - Igraine of Watermeade
Profession - Herbalist, basket-weaving enthusiast. Occasionally tailors, but nothing of terribly high quality- kirtles 'n shiz.

she religious, praise light n all dat. heard of new hustle and bustle in breakwater, assumes it must be better than her current hovel, plus it gots peeps who probably share her religious bileefs

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
ey we're rping right now if you want to come sneak in and meme about

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
made violent for IC reasons. coming into breakwater is a death sentence right now lmao

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
made violent for IC reasons. coming into breakwater is a death sentence right now lmao
Sif will 1v1 you on sight like a Pokémon trainer
Tactical nuke incoming!