Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
1620933726319.png
THE VYRE
F A Q

The new Vyre rework will bring about its own questions, and this is the place to ask those. Commonly asked questions will be stated below in the main page, hopefully they help!
Please use this thread for any questions or feedback.

_ _ ______________________________________ _ _

Does a Vyre need to sleep?
Yes, like a normal person unless stated otherwise (e.g Biters).

Do Vyres bleed, and if so, can they die from bloodloss?
Yes, except where stated otherwise (e.g Biters).

Do Vyres age at all?
Nobles age more slowly the higher their rank, but all the others age as normal.

What’s progeny mean?
All vyres below the given vyre in the chain. Vyres they turned, and vyres the vyres they turned have turned, and so on. Whilst some Vyres call only their direct kin (the ones they’ve turned) progeny, this term can apply to all in the bloodline.

1620933953967.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fry

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fryzbee
Fryzbee
Mystic
First of all, while confused, I am slowly learnin' the new system and am lovin' it.

What happens if our characters, while wanting to answer the pull, are stuck in prison? Are we then "force cured" sorta?

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Is there already a PC set as first for the four new lines? If not, besides of course doing as it says and starting out a vyre; would someone become one?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
First of all, while confused, I am slowly learnin' the new system and am lovin' it.

What happens if our characters, while wanting to answer the pull, are stuck in prison? Are we then "force cured" sorta?
Folks who can't go can wait until they're able - I'll try to work with people after the 'deadline' who couldnt make it but wanted to, and we'll go from there. :)

Is there already a PC set as first for the four new lines? If not, besides of course doing as it says and starting out a vyre; would someone become one?
They're not bloodlines, if you mean 'nobles' and 'biters' and so on. Those are the types of Vyre you can be, and bloodlines are seperate.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
They're not bloodlines, if you mean 'nobles' and 'biters' and so on. Those are the types of Vyre you can be, and bloodlines are seperate.
So this means I could be a Butcher (gluttony) and still be a Lover?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
So this means I could be a Butcher (gluttony) and still be a Lover?
Yes, a 'Lover' type of the 'Butcher/Gluttony' bloodline.

As an example, my character is a 'Noble' vyre of the 'Azarin' bloodline. Some people are not in existing bloodlines - It explains this bit at the top of the Vyre thread.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Yes, a 'Lover' type of the 'Butcher/Gluttony' bloodline.

As an example, my character is a 'Noble' vyre of the 'Azarin' bloodline. Some people are not in existing bloodlines - It explains this bit at the top of the Vyre thread.
Ah thank you! That clears it up

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
They only need to let the sun shine on them, or to feel the warmth of a fire, and that to them is sustenance. Deprived of it, they would slowly lose the ability to articulate their flesh until exposed to it again.
i know that for sunblessed in the old system, being deprived of light/flame would be fatal if it went on for over a week. Is this still the case? Or do they become essentially become living statues if, in an extreme case, they're stuck like that for long amounts of time?

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
REANIMATION || When a Vyre dies, their mind and soul move on to inhabit a new host. This can be anyone who has died anywhere in the world, as long as their corpse is easily capable of locomotion (no reviving into a deep grave), and intact (no reviving into a dismembered or cremated corpse). It can be a recently diseased player character's body, but this requires the permission of that player. The corpse cannot be younger than sixteen. It takes twenty-four hours OOC to revive into the new body from the time of death. The new host may slowly transform over time come to resemble the Vyre, but the time it takes and if it happens at all is at the prerogative of the player. The race of the new host cannot be a construct, restricted race, or extinct race.
Does this move the blessing of a character as well into the new host body?

Can they also change genders?

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
PROPAGATE || For every three people a Vyre spreads their curse to, transforming them from mortal to their bloodline or from another bloodline to their own, they advance a rank.
In addition, does this account for vyres that have been deliberately made to go down in a chain of vyres by the same person, or must the vyre directly spread his or her own blood every time in order to rank up?

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
[Bound] The bindings on the wrists of a Sunblessed are what binds them to the power of Ignis Synnove. If the bindings are cut or broken, then the Sunblessed dies. This cannot be through accident or negligence: they only break if someone willingly cuts through them.
Another thing, would they go through a normal revival through this? Or is it the same as before, wherein they would be reinstated to their previous position in their chain?

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
INFECTION ||[Love] The actual moment of change, where the player considers their character to have passed the threshold of “fallen truly into love” determines when they actually must then be a Fledgling Lover.
[Hate] As with love, it’s the prerogative of the player who is at risk of transfiguration when they feel their character’s deep, emotional hatred of a given Lover has surpassed all other concerns in that character’s life.
Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but the cause of infection for Lovers is to either fall in love with or absolutely despise another Lover? If so, doesn’t that require an original Lover for more to be infected by? How does the ‘first’ Lover come about?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Does the T4 Shalherana spell, Purification, have any effect on Vyres?

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Do mutations carry onto a new host body if a vyre is re-animated?

As in mutations such as Bok'ra's moth arms, compound eye.. etc

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
im gonna be asking all the sunblessed lore, sorry about that tirdfgj

For sunblessed, are their eyes and hair also bronze? it says skin, but am I safe to assume that eyes and hair look and function normally during the lifespan of the sunblessed?

kaiser_harding

Lord of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
are the rankings under each bloodline the same as Fledgling Enthralled and consumed? or something else?

| G R E Y |
The Grey bloodline originates with one of the original five. Members of the Grey bloodline develop patches of scales over their skin, have needle-like teeth, and tend towards baldness or balding.

[ BOON ] Greys may willingly put themselves into a state of starvation - with the resulting desperation to feed - while at the same time oozing blood over their skin that immediately hardens to be equivalent to iron scalemail.
[ BANE ] Greys are inherently paranoid and distrustful of others, feeling they must always rely only on themselves.
Ratlings:
3. The members of the chain make no sound as they move, no matter their speed or terrain.
6. If the members of the chain are in an environment for at least one hour, their body and clothes naturally begin to take on the pigment and coloration of that environment.
9. The members of the chain have no reflection.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Having feedback from the time I wrote it, and seeing as there was a chance for change.. Can I amend something on the Gravewalker Lore?

[Cold and Dark] Gravewalkers are always cold, no matter the time nor circumstance. Bright light annoys them, and they may tend to avoid fires because the light just irritates their eyes. In climates that aren’t overbearingly hot, Gravewalkers almost emit mist with every breath as if their surroundings were cold.
Compared to Sunblessed: Skin is bronze/Fire doesn't hurt them/Only warmth keeps them alive
Gravewalker: Hard to tell their age/Reflection is murky/They're very cold and light bothers them
[Winterborn] also says they suffer from cold places, in addition to hot/dry places.. - It just seems like any temp that isn't room temp is bad.. which makes all their traits a little skewed.

I could at least recommend [Cold and Dark] be more of a perk trait. That they prefer the shade, cold?, shadows and dark to satiate their energy levels (still need food/water), often causing them to emit breath mists outdoors. Or at least something of a positive rather than negative. [Winterborn] already makes it clear sunlight/heat is bad for them to the brink of death. Would this be alright to recommend?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Having feedback from the time I wrote it, and seeing as there was a chance for change.. Can I amend something on the Gravewalker Lore?

Compared to Sunblessed: Skin is bronze/Fire doesn't hurt them/Only warmth keeps them alive
Gravewalker: Hard to tell their age/Reflection is murky/They're very cold and light bothers them
[Winterborn] also says they suffer from cold places, in addition to hot/dry places.. - It just seems like any temp that isn't room temp is bad.. which makes all their traits a little skewed.

I could at least recommend [Cold and Dark] be more of a perk trait. That they prefer the shade, cold?, shadows and dark to satiate their energy levels (still need food/water), often causing them to emit breath mists outdoors. Or at least something of a positive rather than negative. [Winterborn] already makes it clear sunlight/heat is bad for them to the brink of death. Would this be alright to recommend?
I'll get blarg to have a chat with you and see if more can be gone through regarding Gravewalkers - I apologise not reaching out to you for it.

As for other questions they'll be answered in time, I'll be taking the night to relax a bit now

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
SPIRITBLESSED || Spiritblessed cannot be Vyres at the same time. Both effects latch onto the soul (anima) of a person, and so both inhabit the same conceptual space. Vyre curse wins out, so if someone who is currently Spiritblessed wants to become a Vyre, they will be forcibly unbound from their elemental per that process detailed in Spiritblessed lore.

-> So in the case of a grandfathered Consumed Spiritblessed Vyre hybrid, would sticking with Vyrism have the same result as a Consumed Spiritblessed becoming a Vyre? In other words, a Consumed-tier Unbinding?