Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Walking Dead (Spoilers!)

Valcust

Lord of Altera
...So, I just finished the entire Walking Dead game..
Choice oriented one, with Lee and Clementine..
...Uhm..I kinda..I kinda feel like this..
Deryl.gif

...Yeah.

Thoughts on the game? What choices did you make?
Also, if you haven't played it, do it. Like, right now.
Honestly one of the best games I've ever played. Solid 9/10 for me.

*also, please warn as to spoilers in posts. Seriously, if you haven't played it, don't read or watch spoilers. Because whoah my god. That game. Dat feels.*

------------------------(SPOILERS DOWN BELOW.)----------------------
SERIOUSLY. DON'T CONTINUE IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS YET.
YOU MUST EXPERIENCE IT.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
Main choices:

Saved Duck,
Saved Doug ( He's got some funny dialogue )
Helped kill Larry
Didn't kill either of the St John brothers
I didn't leave Lilly
I shot Duck
I helped Omid instead ( Since his leg was hurt )
I brought Clementine to Crawford,
I saved Ben,
I showed the bite,
I didn't cut his arm off,
I killed the stranger,
And I... Killed... Lee...

I actually cried....

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Mine:

(Complete choice format thanks to Seth~)
EP1:
I left at Day (night and zombies are NOT a good mixure ._.)
I was honest to Hershel (No use getting myself into more trouble than I'm in..)
I saved Shawn (Duck could've easily been saved, and shawn's leg was crushed.)
I defended Duck from Larry (Because there wasn't a moment I didn't want to punch the guy.)
I kept Irene from the gun (I wanted to shoot her, save others from emotional load.)
I saved Carley (Marksman > Tech geek)
EP2:
I cut off David's Leg (Anything to save him.)
I didn't kill Jolene (Danny was acting weird..Didn't trust him at that point.)
I didn't kill Larry (Always try to save someone, only kill zombies.)
I killed Danny ("YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO KI-*slice*~)
I didn't kill Andrew (he deserved to wallow in his own grief.)
I didn't loot the car (It looked freshly abandoned, I knew it belonged to someone..)
EP3:
I shot the trapped woman (Put her out of her misery..)
I left Lilly behind (Traitors deserve no remorse.)
I convinced Kenny time was up (Fighting would get us nowhere.)
I killed Duck (No man should need to kill his own son.)
I helped Christa up (again, panicking, just so happened to grab onto her hand first #_#)
EP4:
I killed the Zombie boy with wrench
I conversed with Vernon (His shaking hands showed me he didn't want to pull the trigger.)
I left Clem at the house with a gun (Didn't trust her running around danger, I knew she could handle a few zeds getting into the house.)
I dropped Ben (He was pretty useless, and wanted to be let go.)
I revealed the bite (I didn't fear death, only if I would have time to save Clem.)
I asked for help, was joined by ken, Chris, and Omid
EP5:
I cut off his arm (Anything for more time..)
I kept my weapons from the stranger. (easy to lie to him.)
I strangled the Stranger
Clem shot lee.
I'll miss you.gif

*Me:
pidermancries.gif

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Holy gucamole, I adored this game. I can't wait for 400 Days either, which is meant to be a short DLC coming out soon for the 1st Season and will affect things as well in Season 2, such as how Season 1 affects Season 2 as well...
I especially can't wait for Season 2 (coming out this autumn!), me and Backstay have been making theories since the final episode, we've been playing it since the first :p

All dah choices you could make! (Got screenshots on my Steam still of the ending ;-; )
EP1:
I left at Day
I lied to Hershel
I saved Shawn (Hershel's Stepson)
I defended Duck from Larry
I gave Irene the gun
I saved Carley (Better a shooter than a techy)
I cut off David's Leg (from the bear trap)
EP2:
I didn't kill Jolene
I killed Larry
I didn't kill Danny (First Brother)
I didn't kill Andrew (Second Brother)
I didn't loot the car
EP3:
I shot the trapped woman
I left Lilly behind
I brawled with Kenny
I killed Duck
I helped Omid up (Come on, he had a broken leg)
EP4:
I killed the Zombie boy
I threatened Vernon
I took Clem to Crawford
I saved Ben
I revealed the bite
I asked for help (Group I went with shown below~!)
EP5:
I didn't cut off his arm (Didn't help anybody cutting off limbs)
I gave up my weapons to the stranger
I killed the Stranger
Clementine shoots Lee
END OF THE SEASON ;-;

And a link so you can see which choices could be made~! It gets really interesting to see how the storyline could have changed, as your relationships with everyone affected each part it seems and it changes between everything...
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/the-walking-dead-graph-by-gamesbeat.jpg

2012-11-21_00003.jpg 2012-11-21_00004.jpg 2012-10-10_00001.jpg
Edit: How did the post get so long...?

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I liked how Ben progressed personally...he ended up like a realistic teenager with how his moods swung around and I think he actually developed as it went on, going from this panicked school boy to ...well dead

Valcust

Lord of Altera
I have no time for panicked schoolboys, He showed no use to the group, I told him I was going to leave him in the school :I
I really didn't see any progression, the whole time he was an indecisive, panicked, worrisome liability.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I have no time for panicked schoolboys, He showed no use to the group, I told him I was going to leave him in the school :I
I really didn't see any progression, the whole time he was an indecisive, panicked, worrisome liability.
Well...yeaaaah...buut he was nice to Clem~! That encouraged me to do it mostly and the Walking Dead made me think more personally: Would you be able to make the decisions needed when it came?
Personally, I was too sympathetic for some and I will always be a bit merciful, but it was all fuuun!

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Would you be able to make the decisions needed when it came?

In a survival situation, you don't need niceness, that world is over with. All that's left is survival, and if he's not able to contribute to that extent in the least while having no disabilities, I saw no reason to keep him around.
That being said, niceness is nice to have, but it should be a second priority. I wasn't going to leave him around clem again and have her get hurt because he couldn't man up.
The second he ran away from Clem in the savannah streets, my mind was made up.

...Plus he got Carly killed. >:I

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Wait...
How do you go at night?

Very beginning, right after you find Clem and kill her baby sitter, you have the choice to go out at night or leave that day.
Like I said, night + zombies = not good >_>

(SURVIVAL FACT~!: Pesky government air vehicles seeking you out with FLIR cameras? Just use your trusty space blanket~! Most of them are able to keep your body heat from escaping, and render you invisible to FLIR cameras~!)

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
(SURVIVAL FACT~!: Pesky government air vehicles seeking you out with FLIR cameras? Just use your trusty space blanket~! Most of them are able to keep your body heat from escaping, and render you invisible to FLIR cameras~!)
I don't have a space blanket ;-;

Valcust

Lord of Altera
What're your views on Season 2?

I'm interested on how they'll tie the first season to the second, Clem is the only remaining character we know is still alive, are we going to be making decisions from her point of view? Omids? Christa? New people?
I just hope they don't cop out and try to tie it in with the TV series, have them run into Daryl or something >_>
...Unless they somehow make that mexican family that Daryl saved from Merle important. That'd be neat~! And language barriers always make things more challenging~!