Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Walking Dead (Spoilers!)

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I don't think they will try to tie it in with the TV series. They already said when making the first season that it's not going to follow the story of Rick and the others from the TV series. There will (and have been) references such as Glenn and some others, but it won't tie in with the TV series.

In the secret scene after the credits you see Clementine alone, and then two people walking around in the background a little after. I'd assume those two people were Omid and Christa, but I believe there is a way that that Omid and Christa could have been killed if you make a different choice earlier in the game. If you could get them killed earlier in the game, it's probably not them in the background scene. Unless they'll do like they do with the 400 Days DLC where your options in Season 1 affects the DLC options and story.

In Season 2 I think they will start off where they left in Season 1. Clementine will be there, you will follow those two people in the background, or they will skip that part and jump further into the story where they already met each other or something else happened, and the story slowly, revertedly, catches up with the ending cutscene in Season 1.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
I'm interested on how they'll tie the first season to the second, Clem is the only remaining character we know is still alive, are we going to be making decisions from her point of view? Omids? Christa? New people?
I just hope they don't cop out and try to tie it in with the TV series, have them run into Daryl or something >_>
...Unless they somehow make that mexican family that Daryl saved from Merle important. That'd be neat~! And language barriers always make things more challenging~!
I'd really like Clem, Omid and Chrisra all in season 2. They were in my top 5 characters.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
In the comics, I pretty much broke down when that idiot killed Glenn.
He was like my favourite character, in the Comics and the game.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
I'm so looking forward to seeing Negan, he's the better villian in the comics, compared to comic book Governor.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I've not read the comics, but I think I'd rather him kill Tyrese. In fact, purely out of interest, I'd like to see the group without Rick. Ooh, it's so interesting. Of course, this thread is about the game, so let's get back to that.

What did you all think of the 400 days DLC?

kaza125

Lord of Altera
I've not read the comics, but I think I'd rather him kill Tyrese. In fact, purely out of interest, I'd like to see the group without Rick. Ooh, it's so interesting. Of course, this thread is about the game, so let's get back to that.

What did you all think of the 400 days DLC?
whoops I thought it was TV series,
And the 400 days was pretty good, nice to play as different characters, I just want to see what impact they have on Season 2.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I really hope there's more change that can happen. Sure, at the end of the first game you could change whether one or two characters survived, but Lee always dies and Clementine always survives. Everyone who is set to die dies. This bores me! If this is a game where different choices affect the game and its ending, I want it to do that! I sure hope the choices made in future games (such as possible choices made in 400 days) will have greater effects.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
By the way, I've just had a look at season two, episode 1:

1. One or two issues with graphics, a little bit of lag now and again.
  2. I'm still having trouble believing the story. Clem is so lucky it's amazingly impossible. I mean, she could've died of hunger, the cold, or the bite (where was the blood from that, by the way? I didn't spot much blood) - or, of course, numerous killers in season one.
  3. What were those scavengers doing out in the woods? Oh, of course, you're bound to find shedloads of supplies in a place humans don't live.
  4. On the plus side, she's quite a popular character; I just don't see how she would survive so long with such little stuff. I mean, two people "travelling north" for sixteen months must come across someone. Plus, surviving on such little food? Surely they (or one of them, at least) would have died of malnourishment.
I suppose my point here is that if you're going to be the only survivor of something it should be more based on a choice made than luck. Certain characters' deaths were seemingly more to get rid of them than going for realism, i.e. Ben's.

On the other hand, the game does try to show most aspects of how humans are acting - I've noticed a few groups of bandits which seems like a probable group to come across.

The thing that spooked me most was the whole "We don't trust you; weak, injured, hungry little girl." That got me in the feels a bit, because it shows how little room for empathy (and, in her case, sympathy) there is in the world. All in all, though, it looks pretty good. Controls seem a bit more advanced and in-the-moment than the last game, and choices seem to be having more of an effect each time one is made.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Then you've got the same scenario - Clementine (and Christa) is always the one to survive that kind of thing?

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
I suppose, but Christa might be dead anyway, as when Clementine runs, you hear Christa shouting, then a shot, and she stops, so it might imply that.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
At the end of the episode, in the next time part, we see a "you're alive!" from Clem, plus we see the option to have saved Christa earlier on, which may imply that she's still alive. Plus, the people that attacked her seem dead and she's not one of the bodies Clem saw (although she didn't see them all) .

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
The bit to save Christa doesn't matter if you do or not, you still hear the shot etc.
I think the "You're alive" is either Lilly, Christa or the girl that killed Omid. It could even be Omid, but I don't know.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
It can't have been Omid. I think the girl that killed Omid was killed too, because I doubt that after being shot she'd be able to escape Christa's wrath. Lilly does survive and is featured in the comic books somewhere, but I think it's only brief. I'll google it.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I remember! Someone of her name was featured at the start of the Road to Woodbury, and in the game originally the achievement for her leaving was something like Woodbury Bound, but they changed it! In fact, they even took away all the references to the comics from Lilly, possibly noting that bringing her back wouldn't be a good idea. Bear in mind, it has been a long time since she left in-game.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
True...
It couldn't have been Kenny, because Clementine wasn't with them when Ben fell/Kenny went down the hole, although Christa or Omid could've told her, but it's not likely.