Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warhammer - Total War

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Warhammer, DoW and even Total War fans will be glad to hear that The Creative Assembly (the creators of Total War) will be making a series of Warhammer games. Huzzah. Details wise, there is really not much to go on. They didn't specify if it will be considered a DoW, Total War or even what Warhammer universe it will be based on.

When will it be released? "Beyond 2013" -The Creative Assembly

Anyways, I'm stoked. Warhammer + Total War is a match made in heaven. Thoughts?

Matto225

The White Mage
Oh. My. Goodness....
Is this 40K or fantasy?
*Begs for 40K, already imagining swarms of Tyranids eating everything in sight*

Matto225

The White Mage
Go get Dow for 40k, it's gonna be fantasy, cause it makes sense,
I have DoW, but not the one with Tryanids... And i know it'd make more sense to have it as Fantasy, but still doesnt mean I cant dream of horde upon horde of Tryanids :( Ah well....

matyio

The original mute
I have DoW, but not the one with Tryanids... And i know it'd make more sense to have it as Fantasy, but still doesnt mean I cant dream of horde upon horde of Tryanids :( Ah well....
Well it makes sense if you look at the guys making it

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
Did they say they were doing a crossover between Warhammer and Total War? Or are they just making a Warhammer game?

Anyway, can't wait to see the teaser/trailer. :D

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
From what I managed to find out, it will most likely be based in the Fantasy universe. Also, it will probably not have the Total War title (I'm very confident it won't). With that being said though, it will have characteristics of a Total War game.

Honestly, I really think they should go Fantasy anyways. Dawn of War has done a good job representing the 40,000 universe and I can't say the same for the Fantasy counterparts of the past (let's be honest, they were pretty bad). If they do go Fantasy, I'm going to be playing as Brettonia 24/7..

matyio

The original mute
Well you've got to look at the styles of the tabletop games, in fantasy you move in formations which makes the total war devs ideal for making it a video game. And with 40k it's squad based, so relic were a logical choice being guys who have made loads of rts's before.