Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WarThunder

matyio

The original mute
War thunder is an arcade ww2 battle simulator, currently in open beta. At the moment the only thing people have access to when entering new is the flight simulator mode, which has three levels of realism, arcade for the casual player who wants to jump into a game and shoot down some planes quickly, realistic battle, which makes the planes fly as they would (as in handle as they would) and takes far longer, alloweing for out of cockpit view and mouse control still, and simulator battles, which lock you to the cockpit view and force you to use a joystick.
currently in closed beta is warthunder ground forces, which is testing the balance of tank combat. the current phase is testing how planes and tanks react.
The major selling point of warthunder when it comes out of beta will be the fact that each player can choose to field a unit from either a countries air force, navy, or tank force. all on the same map. planes will provide air cover for the ground vehicles while the ground vehicles will focus on destroying each other.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
I love war thunder, used to have a little squad of me and 5 other friends who used to go into battles together in H6K's just to see peoples reactions (H6K is the biggest plane in the game, imagine 6 flying at you):
awwyus.jpg

matyio

The original mute
I love the fun of doing that sort of silly stuff, I used to fly a Blenheim as a heavy fighter. I think my highest kill count was seven. But yeah I play Britain, gotta get me some spitfires.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Right, Im on at 12am until 9pm, my name is Jaypate on warthunder (as well!) Add me and message me on it if you want to play, Tier 1-4

matyio

The original mute
Yeah I love the beau fighters as well, but the spitfire mk9 is my favourite. I'm just so good and have too much fun it it for it not to be.

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
I am also on, well, sometimes... but sitting in front of pc most of the day :p .. .Got planes up to tier 3 and playing for russians... My nick there is _Filip5_ ... *grabs a rubber trying to erase his name * :p ... Anyway, are you using temaspeak while playing ?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Beaufighter is a single word by the way... and it's overpowered for its tier. Far more so than BF-110 (which I absolutely adore).

Russians and the British in general are pretty Overpowered for their tiers. I run Russians and Germans, both on Tier 2s and I must admit that the LaGG-3 does an awful lot of damage. I managed to get five kills on a Tier 3 match in a Tier 1 plane, and that's saying something. My best score had to probably be fifteen kills in three lives, flying both of my LaGGs and then the I-16. I just flew around a valley and shot the enemy down one by one as they came.

The game is stunning graphics, admittedly. I own Wings of Prey (also made by Gaijin) and they're similar, but considering that War Thunder is a free MMO the graphics are simply amazing. They perfected the lighting of planes, and the glass reflections are awesome.

As for mechanics, Gaijin really shows that it knows exactly what it's doing and how planes work. The tank previews available also give an insight into what may just become one of the best casual simulators out there (for simplicity's sakes, I will not refer to War Thunder strictly as a simulator. Casual Simulator seems to be exactly what it is, as the game lacks realism when compared to Flight Simulator or IL-2 series, but that's because of the perfect balance between realism and fun, just like what Red Orchestra did.)

matyio

The original mute
well the beaufirghter was originally op, but when you get into the games with yak 9s and kingcobras its underpowered for its tier (the beaufighter mk21 i mean) due to the fact that the 45mm and 37mm cannons are way more powerful than you'd expect. i mean for one. I agree russia is overpowered for its tier in arcade, but with both the russians and beaufighters (most brit aircraft are balanced, due to having meidocre climb and acceleration but great turning capabilies) they lose their overpoweredness in historical. yeah flying a yak 9 in historical is pointless as if the enemy pilot is any good he can avoid your thirty or less shots.
thats what most people forget, gaijin can't just balance for one game mode they have to for all 3. also polo when I learn how to fly with my joystick I'll tell you if the simulator battles are on par with il-2 stumovik as I have that too.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
well the beaufirghter was originally op, but when you get into the games with yak 9s and kingcobras its underpowered for its tier (the beaufighter mk21 i mean) due to the fact that the 45mm and 37mm cannons are way more powerful than you'd expect. i mean for one. I agree russia is overpowered for its tier in arcade, but with both the russians and beaufighters (most brit aircraft are balanced, due to having meidocre climb and acceleration but great turning capabilies) they lose their overpoweredness in historical. yeah flying a yak 9 in historical is pointless as if the enemy pilot is any good he can avoid your thirty or less shots.
thats what most people forget, gaijin can't just balance for one game mode they have to for all 3. also polo when I learn how to fly with my joystick I'll tell you if the simulator battles are on par with il-2 stumovik as I have that too.
IL-2 just seems more realistic. That may be the bad graphics though xD

And Arcade is what I mostly run, but I have played a couple of historical battles. Admittedly yes, they lose their power in Arcade battles, but I was one-shotted in my BF-109 and it was quite saddening.
The Beaufighter is an OP Tier 1, but again I agree with you, it loses its special touch later.

matyio

The original mute
IL-2 just seems more realistic. That may be the bad graphics though xD

And Arcade is what I mostly run, but I have played a couple of historical battles. Admittedly yes, they lose their power in Arcade battles, but I was one-shotted in my BF-109 and it was quite saddening.
The Beaufighter is an OP Tier 1, but again I agree with you, it loses its special touch later.
I disagree with one thing about the match making system nowadays, reserve aircraft are put up against stuff like laggs from the get go, in my opinion their should be a tier for them so they can fly and get the points for new aircraft quicker.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I like this game. Good gameplay. It runs on my laptop. Nice music too (you can find it on grooveshark)

matyio

The original mute
oh if anyone wants to add me its matyio. I'll play pretty much any tier but be warned, several of my crews are level 250 which pushes up the battle rating quite a way.

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
as the game lacks realism when compared to Flight Simulator
*Dies from laughter, as he remembers how many times he has gone through the runway*
But seriously Warthuder is a great game, and you should all go play it. But currently my PC is to shite to run anything better than a youtube video in 720p..

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
next time you lot are dropping a bomb or firing a rocket hold down the button you use