Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Watch the Tower

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
This takes place about 7 days after Frost was evaporated trying to light a heartstone. I will say TW for intrusive thoughts and self-loathing if those are things that are upsetting to you, there's also a bit of swearing but I think its not too excessive and I think it fits, however, if any staff member disagrees with that I would be happy to change it!

Artesia cast her last Elemental Volley into the forest behind Frostlight for the night, as she had done for the last seven days. Using her bow focus, she could very easily make the Elemental Volley take the shape of an arrow and fire it like she would with her bow, it didn't seem to have any effects other than making it a bit easier for her to aim, and flair of course which was very important. She practiced at the top of the tower, with the night sky blanketed over her, as her teacher had liked to. She wondered if she had the capacity to cast "Frostbolt" yet, and if it'd be easy to shoot it like an arrow like she was doing with Elemental Volley. She'd have to ask Frost when she got back.

It had been seven days since she watched her teacher get vaporized by a magic rock when she tried to reclaim its power. It was all such a blur, Artesia remembered thinking everything would be fine, and she was told to "protect the tower if anything happened." She hadn't left for over a week now. Seven days was a long time to be alone with nothing but your intrusive thoughts.

She had taken up bone carving as a hobby, she needed to get better at carving so she could craft a bow for Issarel and Willow. And bones were a nice start. She had plenty of animal bones (Scapula, Vertebrae, and Femurs all made for good carving bones) and had made some necklaces. She wasn't very good yet, and they were made out of parts of dead things, so they looked both freaky and shitty! If Frost got back. When Frost got back she'd have to ask her for advice. She wanted to make something nice for Xandar, and Melarue… She was having trouble picturing Melarues face without it looking upset. She knew some bone jewelry wasn't going to fix anything. But maybe it'd be a nice start. Hopefully she'd like them.

Artesia recalled the chat they had had recently. She had just come back from surveying a massive purple storm near Ashstadt with Elthea. Artesia had broken her arm and Melarue had kindly offered to fix it for her. She pulled off her cloak, a bit painful from the broken arm, showing Melarue her awesome biceps. ”Wow, I had no idea you had such impressive muscles under your coat Artesia '' she said as she put her soft hands on the broken arm and started to cast. It should have hurt, but it was soothing feeling her hands on her cold skin, Artesia was starting to forget how it felt to feel warmth on your skin, with her Knack making her skin constantly cold and white as snow. Melarues magic poured into her, touching Artesias own magic, the two merged together, held each other, and Artesias arm was healed. She remembered telling Melarue everything she had found "Impressive work Artesia. You did a good job." She said from the perfect lips on her perfect face. She looked deep into Melarues icy blue eyes, like pools of water, she felt the water surrounding her, filling her lungs, she was drowning, dying. She could feel Melarue ripping open her ribcage to devour what was truly hers, Artesias heart.

None of this happened, that didn't sound like anything Melarue would say even if she didn't hate her guts. Artesia had taken her broken arm and made a very painful trip back to Frostlight and rubbed some salve on it with Frost, and it really fucking hurt. She was lying to make herself feel better. And you know what, she needed it, so how about we all give her a break ok? She wasn't sure if it was possible to fix things with Melarue. Maybe she should just give up and bury her head in the snow and get over it. But of course, Artesia was way too stubborn to do that. The lying didn't make her feel better.

She needed to get her attention on other things, she had brought some books with her from her library, but she wasn't in the mood to read through them again. If Frost. When Frost… When Frost came back Artesia would have to let her know she finished editing her book, a copy sat on her library's shelves now, for all to read through. She sent a copy to Melarue, but maybe Melarue would see Artesias name on the package and chuck it into a fire, which perhaps she deserved. Artesia hung her head low and wandered down to the kitchen like a pathetic loser, a golem forged out of sorrow.

The cat was around again. Sitting with Artesia in the kitchen as she brewed some tea, she of course gave them some scratches behind the ear. If Frost. WHEN FROST! WHEN ARTESIA! WHEN FROST COMES BACK she should ask her the cat's name, Artesia couldn't remember… shit… Anyway, the tea was ready.

Artesia dropped the tea cup on the floor, it shattered into a bunch of sharp pieces. The cat raced away in fear. She stared at it for a while, then picked up the teapot and violently threw it to the ground with it. She screamed at the top of her lungs, unable to hold back the tears she had been holding in for seven days, they freely ran down her cheeks. “FUCK! I FUCKED IT UP LIKE I FUCK UP EVERYTHING!” She fell to her knees and slammed her fist on the broken tea cup, over and over and over, smashing it into smaller pieces. Artesia looked at her now bloody hands “I’ll never have the strength to help those close to me… is this all I am?” She slowly got up, and walked over to where Frost kept the bandages. Damien and Aza must've been doing something else, they had bumped into each other a few times, but Artesia didn't speak with them, she didn't know them, and she wasn't really in the mood to talk to new people. Hopefully they didn't hear her, but they probably did.

The cat was off somewhere, probably scared of her now, probably right to be. She plucked a piece of the tea cup out of her bloody knuckles and threw it away. She washed the gore off her hand and wrapped them in some bandages. Artesia returned to the kettle she threw onto the floor, and the broken tea cup, she swept up the mess and discarded it, at least this fuck up was easy to clean up. She tried again, as she always did no matter how pointless it felt, filling a different kettle with water and letting it heat up, she cleared her mind of her negative thoughts, feeling a little lighter, and poured the tea into the cup. Finally she brought the cup to her lips and tasted some of her tea. She fucked it up, but she managed to fix it. Maybe if she kept trying she could fix the other stuff too, but she'd never be able to if she just gave up.

Artesia decided to not give up.