Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Webcomics/Comics/Graphic novels/Etc. Recommendations

Valcust

Lord of Altera
So, since I didn't feel like bogging down the book recommendation thread with these kinds of recommendations, I just made this little place for anyone to place their favorite (or hysterically bad) web-comics, comics, graphic novels, whatever.
Let's just put this little template here again..

Title:
Type (webcomic, actual comic, graphic novel, etc.):
Author (if applicable, not necessary.):
Artist (if applicable, not necessary):
Genre/Topic:
Length of comic (as of your post for webcomics):
Series or single piece:
Details:
Extra:
Link (if applicable):
Teaser: (just use this if you'd like to post some art from the comic, give us a little tase of what to expect :3)

*Ahem*. Alright. Allow me to put all my little blurbs here~

Title: TwoKinds
Type: Webcomic
Author/Artist: Tom Fischbach
Genre/Topic: Fantasy, Medieval.
Length of comic: 727 pages
Series or single piece: ongoing series
Details: This story surrounds the adventures of an amnesiac yearning to learn of his origins. With the help of a scatter-brained tiger and a grumpy warrior, he travels the world learning to look towards the future, instead of the past.
Extra: The artist's been at this comic since he was in highschool, so the first few chapters are definitely not top-notch art. However, upwards of chapter five, the art gets pretty stupendous. Also, don't worry, there's lots of humans in this as well as my own people.
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=1
Teaser:
twokinds_9th_anniversary_by_twokinds-d5iyz8m.jpg

Title: Lackadaisy
Author/Artist: Tracy J. Butler
Genre/Topic: Noire, Crime, 1920's.
Length of comic: 130 pages
Details: The prohibition era of America saw an increase in organized crime, lawlessness, and cats. Witness the rise (and fall?) of Mississippi's self proclaimed best and greatest speak easy.
Extra: And by cats, yes, I mean that the entire cast of this comic is cats. In suits. With Thompson machine guns. And booze. Lots of booze. Though I should mention that the quality of art within the series is amazing, definitely check it out if you'd just like to appreciate some good drawin'.
Link: http://lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1
Teaser:
Lackadaisy-Volume-1-Cover-lackadaisy-25492863-800-731.jpg

Title: Watchmen
Type: Graphic Novel
Author: Alan Moore
Artist: Dave Gibbons, John Higgins
Genre/Topic: Crime, Vigilantism, Corruption, Conspiracy, Universal Enigmas, Etc.
Length of comic: 416 pages
Series or single piece: Single. (those prequel grabs for money don't count >:I)
Details: Richard Nixon celebrates his fourth term, Veidt industries sees a remarkable boom, masked heroes are outlawed into extinction, existing only in history books. All until the death of a comedian.
Extra: A VERY excellently detailed novel all around; both within the art and storyline. Each character is excellently fleshed out, right on down to the kid sitting on the sidewalk, reading comics. Just a warning, it does deal with some mature topics, mild nudity is to be expected, though is never overused. Just ask anyone who's read this, it's definitely worth the read.
Link :
Teaser:
url-1.jpeg

..Alright, more to come later, but I'd like to see others :D
HAVE AT IT~!

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Title: TwoKinds
Author/Artist: Tom Fischbach
Genre/Topic: Fantasy, Medieval.
Length of comic: 727 pages
Details: This story surrounds the adventures of an amnesiac yearning to learn of his past. With the help of a scatter-brained tiger and a grumpy warrior, he travels the world learning to look towards the future, instead of the past.
Extra: The artist's been at this comic since he was in highschool, so the first few chapters are definitely not top-notch art. However, upwards of chapter five, the art gets pretty stupendous. Also, don't worry, there's lots of humans in this as well as my own people.
Link:http://twokinds.keenspot.com/?pageid=1
*checks it out*

*instantly addicted*

Valcust

Lord of Altera
..Wellp, if no one else is going to say it, guess I will~

Title: The Walking Dead.
Type: Comic book series
Author: Robert Kirkman
Artist: Tony Moore, Charlie Adlard
Genre/Topic: Survival, Drama.
Length of series: 109 issues
Series or single piece: Ongoing Series
Details: This terrific spin on the classic zombie survival scenario asks not how we are to survive the undead, but how we're to live with each other, and adapt to this new world.
Extra: I began reading the books back in '07, wasn't ever too happy with the TV series, yet that may just be my fan-boy-ness geeking out there. I'll say that this series is far better than the TV series, but also far more brutal with it's realism. Warning, again, The Walking Dead does deal with mature topics; sex, death, murder, what have you, though these topics are by no means overused or overly dramatized.
Link:
Teaser:
twd11.jpg

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Title: Z?, Squee!, I Feel Sick (the JTHM series)
Type: Comics
Author: Jhonen Vasquez
Artist: Jhonen Vasquez, Rosearik Rikki Simons
Genre/Topic: Poetic Justice, Rightful Vigilanteism, Extreme Randomness.
Length of comic: 10+ issues, or two collection books.
Series or single piece: Concluded Series (Though a rumored animated film is to come~)
Details: Remember that idiot down at kinkos who refused to comply with your menial request? Or that old lady down at the fast food place who called your choice of clothing "wacky", causing just about every table to turn their head and laugh?
Now, go back to that moment. But imagine you've a knife~
Extra: JTHM is extremely thought provoking in it's questions of morality, as well as just about the best alternative art you could ask for has sprung fourth from this comic~ Oh, and Jhonen later went on to create the infamous "Invader Zim" Nickelodeon cartoon series, so there's that. And his coloring artist voiced G.I.R. But, just a warning, Expect extreme profanity and grotesque scenes of disembowelment and goodies and such. Also a rabbit nailed to a wall. And demonic Pillsbury dough-boys.
Teaser: JTHM1.jpeg JTHM2.jpeg <-- just about the most tame scene I could find to show ya.

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
If it weren't 4 in the morning, I'd probably try one of your format thingies. But it is 4 in the morning. So here it is:

Homestuck.

That is all.

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
I'm going to use this pretty necro, may I?

Title: Misfile
Style: Webcomic
Author: Uh..
Artist: Uh......
Genre/Topic: Dealing with change, I s'pose? Got lots of cars in it too :3
Length of comic: Over thirteen book chapter things ^^
Series or single piece: Ongoing series, methinks?
Details: Up in Heaven, there's a lot of files about Earth. Some angels have the not-so-cool job of keeping them in order. The problem is, one of those angels smokes pot and drinks beer... When he mixes up two files in a desperate rush to tidy up his office before his bosses arrive, there are some confusing results on earth. Emily, a hard-working student, loses the last two years of her life and goes back to being sixteen. And Ash? Well, he wakes up with the body of a girl..
Extra: I find this webcomic hilaaarious. You should definitely read it! Occasional swearing and flipping the bird.
Link: http://www.misfile.com/?date=2004-02-22
Teaser: image.jpg image.jpg

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
Title: Romantically Apocalyptic
Type: Webcomic.
Author: Differs.
Artist: Differs.
Genre/Topic: Comedy, Post-Apocalypitc.
Length of comic (as of your post for webcomics): 151 pages, as of right now.
Series or single piece: Series, gets updated every week.
Details: I am the captain.
The year is 20__ something something.
I stopped counting a while ago, and therefore not sure what day it is.
Humanity is virtually wiped out in a nuclear holocaust.
Me and my last squad: pilot, engie and mr snippy, live in the wasteland ruins of tomorrow.
This is my story.
I am captain.
Link: Start HERE
Teaser: 01.jpg

Tarron

Lord of Altera
This novel is NSFW. It is only the odd bit of nudity (if I'm not mistaken, haven't read all of it). There's also a very good anime of it if you don't want to read.

Title: Spice and Wolf
Type: Manga (there is also a light novel)
Author: Isuna Hasekura
Artist: Keito Koume
Genre/Topic: Romance/Adventure
Length of comic: I think it is 8 volumes.
Series or single piece: Single Piece
Details: This story follows a traveling merchant, Craft Lawrence, and the incarnation of a wolf goddess, Holo and their travels throughout the Medieval themed world.

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
Title: Dream Keepers
Type: Graphic Novel; prelude is webcomic
Author: David, and Lillie (Last name i dun kno)
Artist: David, and Lillie
Genre/Topic: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Length of comic: Graphic Novel: Two, working on third, fourth shall be when they finish. Prelude: 405, with occasional holiday, and joke comics
Series or single piece: On going till goal is reach, I suppose
Details: This graphic novel is about a world that technology is advanced, and powers are stripped by the higher powers to maintain a "perfect" community; then the nightmares decide to move. The prelude is everything that happened before the nightmares decide to move.
Extra: Prelude updates once a week, so patience is best on this. The Graphic Novel will come up when they finish everything on it, of course.
Link: DREAM KEEPERS
Teaser: