Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whispers of Cathedral

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Right, I did get the idea from @Moochick and I would like to thank her personally. Her story, "Fire and Earth", is just an amazing piece of writing from which I took the inspiration, but decided to seek deeper into the Old Inquisition, which held great power, and even greater secrets...

@Mitch
@Arken

It was a cold night outside. The winds roared against the Cathedral walls. Cool rain shattered against the red roofs, and thunder cracked through the skies.
"Get that washing done, Syr. Arbiter will murder us if he realises we haven't cleaned the Cathedral as he requested us," said Gelyk in his deep bass, not doubting his own words about Albareth's wrath.
"I know... Nether, working in middle of night like that, inhumane..." groaned Syr, as he straightened up with a crack of a spine.
"You'll get used to it."
As the night turned darker, so the air got colder. Even the huge torches couldn't heat the gigantic building properly, and soon both Syr and Gelyk started feeling a pinch of cold through their robes.
Syr just finished cleaning the shrine of Kilrox and slowly got up and turned, to notice Gelyk move his gaze away in the opposite direction.
"Something wrong, Marshall?" Syr asked, somewhat confused.
"N-no, it's fine. Nothing's wrong, keep working, High Inquisitor," Gelyk replied, hiding the slight blush in the shadows.
He's really well built for his age, Gelyk couldn't help but think. He shook away the thoughts as they got back to work.
The older Inquisitor eventually couldn't help himself, he slowly stepped closer to Syr, who just got up from cleaning the Shrine of Sallana and bumped into him. He smirked slightly, and Syr smiled back, slightly shy.
"You're doing a good job, High Inquisitor," said Gelyk, with a slight glint in his eyes. "As part of survival training you were taught how to keep warm when it's getting cold..?" he whispered more softly
Syr blushed, and stepped away with slight shock, but perhaps also a glint of excitement. He bumped into the shrine of Sallana, which felt as if it was pushing him closer to Gelyk. Closer, and closer, he could almost feel his inviting touch, he almost sank into his eyes...
The two broke away instantly, going pure red, as they heard footsteps echo through the cold corridors. There was no doubt as to who it was. Albareth was one of the few to wear steel studs on his boots. Being Inquisitors, they soon regained control over themselves, both pondering as to why they tried this to start with.
"Are you two finished yet?" the young, but commanding nevertheless voice sounded, as the twenty-three year old Arbiter came from behind the corner.
"Not yet, Arbiter," replied Gelyk. "We only have the shrine of Harateth to clean and we are ready..."
"Good. I wouldn't want to see my Inquisitors go on tired just because I ordered them to clean the bottom floor. You'll still have the library to do in week's time. For now, I must leave to the East, I have a friend to visit. I'll be back in two days or so."
With that, Albareth turned and walked off proudly, sword dangling by his side.
"He has his wife..." Syr said, hearing the footsteps silence in the distance. "Think he'd ever, you know, swing the other way..?"
"Probably not... Though maybe... with enough encouraging any man would I guess..." replied Gelyk, then casted a glare at Syr, clearing his throat. "Where were w-"
He didn't manage to reply, as Syr pulled him closer. Though much younger, he was just as strong as his mentor. They hugged for a moment, and Gelyk whispered a quiet "I love you..."
Then, they kissed.

They never got a chance to truly get any closer... The Church was attacked and toppled the morning that followed. Lost in chaos and bloodshed, they only defended their lives. They survived, but at cost of many lives... and their love.

I know I am not as elegant as Moo. This story is highly fictitious and did not take place. In fact, Syr is Gelyk's adopted son... YEAH! ANYWAY!

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
I laughed. So very much.
At that ending.
XD

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Polo, I can't decide if I love you or hate you right now.
(Especially since you said Syr was as strong as Gelyk.)