Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Change #1:

Teeke

Lord of Altera
perhaps a fair and unbiased warning system should also be developed and put into practice as well...?

Frnchie

Lord of Altera
Guys, as I said earlier. WHY are we saying to put a stricter RP test on the 13-15? Why single them out? Why not put it on EVERYONE!? I'm not understanding why we're making it so hard based on age rather than skill :/
I'm not saying this to defend my age group, I'm saying this because it makes no sense to let in people not as good as roleplay more easily because either A- they're 16+ or b- they're lying and saying they're 16+...
-.- Just make it for EVERYONE and you'll get BETTER RP regardless of age, gender identity, preferences, race, nationality, etc.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
... We're not putting a stricter RP test on 13-15. The whitelist min. age is 14 and applications are expected to pass on the first go or get declined.

Frnchie

Lord of Altera
... We're not putting a stricter RP test on 13-15. The whitelist min. age is 14 and applications are expected to pass on the first go or get declined.
I'm not saying you ARE. I'm just saying, that's what everyone wants you to do, and I'm saying it's illogical.

ok D:
ill be back in one month (not exactly, ill be back on 22nd Feb)

Ill try to whitelist then

until then, I fare thee well travelers and i bid you good on your travels :D

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I've heard "The server's dyyyyying" ever since I got owner, surprise it's 2014 and it's still here.
So... I may have a unique perspective on this, being able to separate these periods more discretely than others by virtue of my particular experience. When I first joined, Sally, you were "just" an admin, and (I think) the whitelist age requirement was 13 or something, and there wasn't the requirement to have a character already made. At the time, things were pretty Chaotic (haha, see wut I did thar?), and it seemed like the majority of the admin staff was just perpetually exhausted and bitter from all the banhammering they had to do. The RP was awful, for the most part, and I swear I was around a month before I found someone a) actually willing to RP who was also b) not playing a stupidly OP character of their own special made up race. Then some stuff happened (like college), I stopped logging on, I forgot about Hollow World. Until I didn't!

Nowadays, the quality of RP is ASTRONOMICALLY higher. I say this with full confidence, despite having just returned to the server. The community may be a little smaller, but that's okay, as it's much more stable. It's so much nicer to be able to waltz into Port Silver (!!!) and just... pick up an RP with some random person and not have to worry about their eyes glowing as they switch into the Avatar state and start wrecking house. So thank you for that, first off.

And I love that you guys are willing to listen to the players. This gives me warm fuzzies in a way that's really hard to express. And you guys are also players. You just have responsibility dosed in with your fun.

Nothing really to say about the age thing on my part, though. It affects me in no appreciable way.

perhaps a fair and unbiased warning system should also be developed and put into practice as well...?
Unpossible! People = inherent bias. :p

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Change age limit? Ok, lets see if it works for the better, there probably isn't that much harm in trying it out.
Make the application stricter? Sure, why not. It will help to paint a picture of the kind of role play and attitude the server expects from it's players.

Though I would like to say that with a new, stricter, application process we need to make sure that the applicants feel wanted. I don't want us to come off as cold, unwelcoming or, God forbid, elitist. Yes, the application should be hard to weed out the fickle people. But I would want us to give applicants the feeling that we want them to succeed, and that we understand that it can be a learning process, even though we are not here to teach. I feel that this approach would help.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well there's only so much we can do, and I don't think it's particularly fair if we have to walk people through their answers. This was decided to make it easier on the mods and admins, the application guide is very clear and they shouldn't have to repeat what it says over and over

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Well there's only so much we can do, and I don't think it's particularly fair if we have to walk people through their answers. This was decided to make it easier on the mods and admins, the application guide is very clear and they shouldn't have to repeat what it says over and over
Of course. I just don't want us to seem cold about it. Turn then down in a way that makes them want to try harder is what I mean.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I know it says sorry and please. But I just don't get that [Keep at it, little guy!] feeling. Maybe it's just me though.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I'm actually rather enjoying the cold responses.
The distanced feeling really seems to make people strive harder to meet the criteria.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I'm actually rather enjoying the cold responses.
The distanced feeling really seems to make people strive harder to meet the criteria.
Yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind being cold in that only the most determined would keep at it. I suppose I'd just leave it up to the digression of the admin handling the application.