Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wisps

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1648681749945.png
[x]

1648681776544.png
- WISPS -

"Travelers, perhaps lost or alone, would often feel compelled to seek out the source of the light, and make their way towards it. Even the most feeble Wisp, however, is by nature a trickster, and these unlucky few would often find themselves led into marshes or bogs, out onto barren moors in the mist and cold, or even over the sides of mountains and cliffs"
-=[]=-
[Event Request Only]
H A B I T A T
Wisps have been seen to inhabit a wide variety of environments, though seem to be drawn towards places of particular danger. Treacherous mountains, frigid tundra, barren deserts, etcetera. Wherever one might meet their demise a Wisp may be waiting to lure them to it.

'P H Y S I O L O G Y'
Wisps are a gestalt of Vis (Energy) and Mens (Higher Thought), taking the appearance of a floating mass of pale light. These orbs seem to vary in size/light produced, rarely exceeding that of an oil lantern.

[Reproduction] - Once the Wisp has grown too large to remain stable it will split it’s being in two, becoming identical copies at a reduced size.

B E H A V I O R
Wisps will rarely harbor anything but malicious intent, seeking out those lost, alone, or otherwise susceptible to their calls. Utilizing their faint words in the attempt to lure common people to their doom. If they are successful in this endeavor the Wisp will ‘feed’ off of what Vis and Mens depart from the corpse, growing larger in size and brightness.

A B I L I T I E S
[Pathos] - Wisps are able to produce a soft and ethereal sounding voice, often mistaken for that of a woman or child. Wisps have been recorded speaking most of the common tongues. In addition Wisps are also capable of mimicking common sounds such as footsteps, crackling flames or a baby's wail. They can also use these sounds to lure their victims towards danger.
[Leech] - Given time and a victim who is asleep, or unconscious by other means, a Wisp is able to encircle their head tobfeed off of their Vis and Mens. This will leave the victim with a clouded mind, confused thoughts, and lethargic.

W E A K N E S S E S
Wisps are incredibly weak to those who can manipulate Mens and Vis though they are untouchable to those who cannot. It would take little effort from an Eviscist or Cogimen to dispatch a Wisp. If slain, the Wisp will separate into its parts and dissipate into nothing.

Y I E L D S
Having no physical form Wisps do not render anything of value save for what Vis and Mens can be interacted with before its dispelling.

Original Writeup: Tideborne

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
W i s p s
Attack DC: 12
Defend DC: 15
HP: 3
Speed: 30 blocks