Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Whole New World - Sneak Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
How big are the Oceans in this new world. What I mean is, how large are they from one side of the water to to another? And are there noticeable biomes that are more realistic, as could you look at the map and say "well it's because of this-that-andtheotherthing and that's how you get a dessert here and a rainforest here. Ya know what I mean?
You could say some oceans are a bit smaller than before, but others are unlimited.
And yes, we tried to make biomes as realistic as possible.
You will be amazed! I know I was!

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Interestingly enough, though biomes in the current world don't look realistic, when you look at the map they make somewhat decent sense. Desert is there because the North wind is blocked by the small mountain chain which separates the sea from the desert.
The large mountain range far around Port Silver makes these lands plains, but too cold to make them into a full on desert.

Though yes, generally speaking I wants moar :3

Rexyn

Legend of Altera
You can see those, but there are large areas where forest are that really should be plains and desserts are that really should be forest and...well lots of details ya know?

I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future and being able to pick a, hopefully more permanent, home for the town I'm in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.