Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Apology to the Community

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Hello community of Hollowworld. This is my official appeal and apology to this wonderful community.

Last week a discussion/argument/debate popped up in OOC chat where the topic of sexuality and more specifically Transexuals was mentioned. During the debate I presented my opinion in a poor way that was transphobic and offensive. Both of which was unintentional but still, was no excuse for my actions. One person had asked for the subject to be changed, even I suggested it. But I became so invested in showing my own opinion that I didn't think about how my words might have affected others. Clear violation of the First rule of the King’s Law and I should have dropped the topic the first time asked.

1. Discrimination, OOC racism, bullying, harassment are against the rules. Any sign of such behaviour needs to be reported to the Mods or Admins immediately. Bullying in any form is a bannable offense, and it is not tolerated as HollowWorld is intended to be a safe and fun community for everyone.

Altho, I did not mean to attack anyone personally. I would like to set straight the rumor that i have heard that I personally called a member of our community as a “False advertiser”
I did not mean to come off as saying transexuals as a whole as false advertisers. I was explaining a situation that if i was ever in a relationship and someone didn't tell me they were a transsexual and lied to me the whole time that i would feel lied to and violated. So much that i would actually hit them. That statement in itself is extremely transphobic and downright wrong to say. I wish to apologize for that and i should have never ever said it. But i just wanted to clear up that I didn't label anyone in specific as a false advertiser.

You know who you are. But to the person who I hurt with the things I said ,I apologize and wish I never said the things I did. I respect your opinion greatly and it was not my intention to make you feel angered or unwelcomed, and for that I feel and notice that I let this community down. I hope you if anyone here can forgive me since you are the one i transgressed.

I feel as if I now have them impression of a extreme homophobe, transphobe, etc. to the majority of this community. Rightfully so, but i want the community to know that i don’t hate anyone and I respect all opinions. I just made the mistake of being insensitive and so caught up in my own that I forgot about how others would feel. I say this because I don’t want to be looked down as an intolerant homophobic kid.

The First rule was not the only I broke, but also the 21st

21. Citizens are required to protect the harmony of the HollowWorld community and ensure that they contribute positively to it. This means players must behave in a manner befitting an upstanding HollowWorld Citizen and refraining from activities which could be construed as damaging the community by admin staff.

By continuing the subject I was ruining the harmony of Hollowworld and accidentally made people feel unwelcome. Knowing that I made someone who looks to this server as a welcoming place, feel like a place where they are unwanted still makes me feel horrible, especially because I could have prevented it. I promise that if I am let back that I will not be participating in toxic conversations like this one ever again and do my part to uphold the harmony and good impression this community gives off. I came here to Roleplay and make friends, behavior like this has no place on this server and only ruins friendships and i will not make the same mistake twice.

I hope the community can accept my apology and have me back in good graces. Whether or not you do, I mean what I say here. I love and respect every single one of you no matter your race, sexuality or gender is. Things like that does not matter in how you form an opinion of a person and I see and love all of you as fellow people of this fantastic community that makes up Hollowworld.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I hate to do this because it looks impatient, but I was recommended by a few to tag an admin @Admin so this doesn't get lost in the forums :)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I know this is a second bump and I really do not mean to sound impatient, but its been a good while since a response was made.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Please don't comment on Ban Appeals!
This appeal IS currently underway, though. You can expect a final reply soon :)

Michcat

Dear Humpfries123,

Your ban appeal is commendable. I respect your personal beliefs, and respect that you seem to clearly know where and when the HollowWorld ToS was broken. However, what you said and did was not in the interests of keeping this community a safe, friendly, and mature area. To be entirely clear: You are absolutely free to think and live how you wish, but degrading or injurious sentiments are completely unwelcome here - Both on the Server and Forums (Part of the reason for your ban was due to behavior on the forums that happened in the same timeframe as your original tempban). It is in this line of thought your appeal and apology are doubly appreciated; As it seems you are not only well aware of what isn't OK with us, yet also aren't keen to re-offend. But it is also in this line of thought where there is hesitation about lifting your ban.

You have been banned for 5 1/2 weeks (39 days) as of this post. I can lift the ban right now if you can reaffirm that you intend to be (OOCly) respectful when engaging this community, and give the Kings Law a quick look-over.

-Mich

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Dear Humpfries123,

Your ban appeal is commendable. I respect your personal beliefs, and respect that you seem to clearly know where and when the HollowWorld ToS was broken. However, what you said and did was not in the interests of keeping this community a safe, friendly, and mature area. To be entirely clear: You are absolutely free to think and live how you wish, but degrading or injurious sentiments are completely unwelcome here - Both on the Server and Forums (Part of the reason for your ban was due to behavior on the forums that happened in the same timeframe as your original tempban). It is in this line of thought your appeal and apology are doubly appreciated; As it seems you are not only well aware of what isn't OK with us, yet also aren't keen to re-offend. But it is also in this line of thought where there is hesitation about lifting your ban.

You have been banned for 5 1/2 weeks (39 days) as of this post. I can lift the ban right now if you can reaffirm that you intend to be (OOCly) respectful when engaging this community, and give the Kings Law a quick look-over.

-Mich
I can reaffirm that I intend to be entirely OOCly respectful to everyone when engaging with others in this community. You will see no injurious OOC behavior and only the best from me. A lot of my thoughts over the pass week when I meditated on it, was that most of my good Friends and memories of the past year were made on this server. And I don't want to make anyone here feel unwanted or harmed, somewhere that I've been welcomed and treated with respect. I can absolutely reaffirm that.

I have also read over the Kings Law again.

Michcat

Alllrighty! Thank you, for your heartfelt words.

This appeal has been accepted. Your accounts
Humpfries123
TybaltGetRhekt
StrangerRanger12

have been unbanned. Let me know if there are any technical difficulties-
Please keep in mind that any infractions of this nature in the near future will result in an 3o-day tempban with no appeal.

Moreover, good luck and have fun!