Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application for "Noble6alpha" [Declined- Baron]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble6alpha

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username? Noble6alpha
2. How old are you? 16.
3. What gender are you? Male.
4. What country do you live in? Canada.
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server? That i did.
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game? Yes
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction; roleplay as your character in a situation of your choice.
"Your choice" that's the last question they asked me before i was forced out of my home city with nothing but a name and a tiny shred of dignity."
-Raphael

It all happend to fast, from the bandits Bursting in to my fathers inn, taking my family hostage. My father addmitting he was behind his due for protection money. and my mother and sister being dragged into the back room for the other bandits 'enjoyment', God... i can still hear there screams...
-Bandit leader: Stop for a minute! are you going to pay us Mr. Alvount?
-My father: i already told you... i can get you the money next week just... give me more time....
-Bandit Leader: Wrong anwser Mr. Alvount... Hit him again...
(The bandits coutiune to beat my father. blood is pouring from his mouth and nose, a huge gash is starting to open on his forehead.)
-Bandit: what would happen if we brought your son into this eh?
(The bandits walk me over to where there beating my father. one kicks me in the back of my knee, i'm forced to the ground...)
-Mr. Alvount: Rapha....Raphael? No... not him don't bring him into this...
-Bandit Leader: So? Raphael is your name? Tell me, where does your father keep his life savings?
(I spit in his face, big mistake... almost immediately i get punched in the nose, i could tell it was broken)
-Bandit: this ones a Cheeky bastard an't he? not like his sister....
-Raphael: Forget You!
-Bandit: Point made.
-Bandit Leader: Won't talk will you? fine.
(the bandits start beating my father again)
Raphael: Stop it! Stop this madness! ill do anything! he can't take anymore....
Bandit leader: Stop for a second! anything you say?
(They let my father slump to the floor. he hits it and is not moving, one of the bandits feels for a pulse. and shakes his head to the leader)
Bandit leader: He's dead? Darn it! how are we suppose to get are money from a dead man you morons?!
Raphael: You mongrels! How could You!...
Bandit: Shut up!
(I shut my mouth when he brings a knife to my throat.)
Bandit leader: We still have your mother and Sister... do what we say or there blood will be spilled next.
Raphael: Fine! what do you want me to do?
Bandit Leader: You're going to be travelling to the Northern Kingdoms. There's a man i want you to find. His name is {information disclosed}. When you find him bring em back to Alcara city. then head to outskirt inn. We will have one of ours checking there every day for you. If you fail to bring him .... ill mail your mother and sister to you in pieces. Ether that or we kill you here and now, slowly.. and sell your sister and mother into prostitution. Your Choice....
( i guess my shocked silence men't yes. from my home i was dragged to the back gates of old town and was thrown into the deserted streets
Bandit: Remember, You don't have much time!
( he said laughing... he then through me a backpack, inside was a bit of cash and a iron dagger)
Bandit: Catch a boat ride from the nearest port. And don't worry, ill take GOOD care of your sister and mother...
( The way he said that made me want to Stab him ... But i knew id forfeit my familys life and mine if i did that.)
From there i stumbled to my feet with a broken nose and but a shred of dignity. I headed to port salmorn to catch a boat to Port Silver the capital of altera,With only one goal in my mind, to save my mother and sister.....

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
My name is Caz, (it's a nickname.) I guess my interests are Soccer and video games. The reason i want to become part of your community is because i just got back into minecraft. wanted a different experience this time apart from Boring faction and surivial servers. I'm a huge fan of fantiase and roleplaying and i think combinding the too in a minecraft server is a neat idea. I like to work alone, Sort of a "Lone wolf" if you will. Not saying i won't work with anyone. just people i barley know. So if i get accepted, cool. if not, crap...
8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video. No, sorry. i'm not much of a builder but i imagine you guys have plenty of builders already.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us? If anything is mispelled in the "Bit" i did above i apologize.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense? Yes i'm aware.

11. How did you find out about our server? MC server list

12. Have you voted for us? No, i probably will though after a couple days of playing on the server (if i get accepted)

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
The first thing I have to say before I begin to give you suggestions for your application is editing out that language. This server is PG13, and language such as that is not tolerated. With some of the words you have said, I do not know if you will get a chance to fix it, or even reapply if you get declined right now. Once again, fix the language.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
If you don't know how to do that, there's an edit button next to the delete one.

Noble6alpha

Villager
There, changes have been made. I was not aware that this server was PG13. i didn't plan on speaking like that while in the server. Also, I was just using swears for the story. Make it more "dark and sketchy" you know?
If swearing really does bother you that much i will do it no longer. oh, and thank you yoda74 for telling me where the edit button was.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Another small thing, (don't have time to read properly) Altera is the planet, thus it is impossible to travel there.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
There, changes have been made. I was not aware that this server was PG13. i didn't plan on speaking like that while in the server. Also, I was just using swears for the story. Make it more "dark and sketchy" you know?
If swearing really does bother you that much i will do it no longer. oh, and thank you yoda74 for telling me where the edit button was.
I apologize if I appeared harsh in my earlier wording regarding the language used, however I only wanted you to be aware of the language rules for future reference.

Anyhow, onto suggestions for your application. It seems good, but your question number six appears to be written in more of a backstory sense - which is focused more on your character's past. In-Character introductions are written in the present time of your character, placing your character into a situation and explaining how your character would react with the use of actions and words. This gives us an idea of your abilities as a RolePlayer.

However, although your number six appears to be more of a backstory, it does include a situation, as well as how your character reacted to it. Through this, you have demonstrated some of your RolePlaying abilities and presented us with a slight idea of how your character acts.

Thus, I will leave it to the final decision of a staff member whether or not to accept your question six as is, or change it into a situation from the present time of your character.

Best of luck!

Edit: As Yoda has said, Altera is the name of the planet. You could change the ''You're going to be travelling to Altera" into "You're going to be travelling to the Northern Kingdoms." As for where your character is heading on a boat, you could say he is going to Port Silver - which is the capital of Altera.

Noble6alpha

Villager
I appreciate the apology. Altera is a planet? ok now i know. i'll refer to it as a planet now. sorry about not "reading" lol

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
All fixed? Excellent. Now, you just have to patiently wait for the reply of a staff member. As I have said above...
Thus, I will leave it to the final decision of a staff member whether or not to accept your question six as is, or change it into a situation from the present time of your character.
Be prepared to do some editing to your introduction if need be. Good luck with the application!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Yeah, you'll have to do some editing. Bandits killing parents simply isn't accepted anymore because it's such an overdone topic. Sorry, but you'll have to devise another situation. If you require further feedback from there, I'll be glad to provide it.

Additionally, your answer to #7 should be more about you, and less about your Minecraft playstyle. If/when you're accepted, we'll find out how you play Minecraft ingame, but as of right now we want to know about you, the person.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Daydream, I thought Port Silver is the capital of the Northern Kingdoms! :O
*shrug* I knew it was the capital of something, and I once heard from someone it was the capital of Altera, so I just went with that. Thanks for correcting me, though!

Noble6alpha

Villager
I appreciate the feed back regarding my "character" but this is the scenario ive devised and i don't plan on changing it.
You can leave this up as an example of "what not to do" or delete it. Ill look elsewhere for RP severs because its pretty clear i'm not getting accepted. Changing some of the lanugage is fine, but changing the whole situation? No, that's absurd. You should really consider changing question 6 to something else. Also, Might want to get rid of question 9, not really a point to it. Once again, Appreciate the feedback, but ill find a different server.

Good day.

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
I appreciate the feed back regarding my "character" but this is the scenario ive devised and i don't plan on changing it.
You can leave this up as an example of "what not to do" or delete it. Ill look elsewhere for RP severs because its pretty clear i'm not getting accepted. Changing some of the lanugage is fine, but changing the whole situation? No, that's absurd. You should really consider changing question 6 to something else. Also, Might want to get rid of question 9, not really a point to it. Once again, Appreciate the feedback, but ill find a different server.

Good day.
I don't think you'll find other servers, but have fun looking

Noble6alpha

Villager
I found one very recently after posting that last comment actually. it wasn't fun though you were right, 5 min down the tube. But when you think about it, its much better then spending 30min making a character bio right?

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
I found one very recently after posting that last comment actually. it wasn't fun though you were right, 5 min down the tube. But when you think about it, its much better then spending 30min making a character bio right?
Actually, no, I got a few days on my app, and I'm still happy I pushed through, none server is as proffesial in roleplay(and other things) as this one

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I spent about 45 minutes on my application. In return, I've had almost five months of pure fun on this server. I believe it's worth it.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
This shouldn't be turning into what some call a competition, but being as this won't be accepted I may as well join in. I can't remember how long I spent making my application, but it wasn't more than an hour and a half. I have, however, spent at least 3 hours writing up my character's story, and intend to take much longer completing it.

Can we get a mod/ admin to move it to the declined section now?
Thanks.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Welp, I'm declining this one. Poor attitude won't get you very far, my good sir. A lot of people put a lot of effort into their applications, and it really does pay off. This community is one of the best around, plain and simple.

Feel free to reapply with an application that satisfies all criteria :)

Status
Not open for further replies.