Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ArgetIstalri's Application [Approved - IceandFire]

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: ArgetIstalri

Country & Timezone: EST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming is the use of outside knowledge in roleplay that you have gained out-of-character to gain an unfair advantage. Powergaming, meanwhile, is essentially making a character immortal by unfairly dodging or blocking all attacks

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Before you ask (or don't, as a lot of people tend to not ask), it's pronounced Ar-get, not Ar-jet. I've been a part of the roleplaying scene for the last few years in a variety of capacities. Some of the genre's I've enjoyed the most are Star Wars, Marvel/DC, and Lord of the Rings. I decided to go searching for something more D&D-esque (Homebrew or custom lore) and discovered this server. Some fun facts about me: I'm sarcastic, generally friendly, always open to DMs, and ready to rumble!

Referral: I found you guys through Planet MC.

{Character Section}
Character Name: Beringar "Berin" Bellwater

Race: Halfling

Appearance: Barnaby is a very unassuming-looking Halfling. He has the casual mess of soft, brown-black hair atop his head, which also happens to match the hair upon his feet. He has a pale complexion, with a thin nose and sharp green eyes. His ears poke out from his hair, the visible points perked upward. His mouth seems to always carry a hint of emotion, as though he could spring from one emotion to the next at a moment's notice. He wears simple clothes, with a coat that reaches his thighs and a bag over his shoulder.

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

The streets of the town bustle as the market gets underway. Various stands and shops begin to open, their various wares on display as the townspeople and travelers from all over the valley come to trade and barter to prepare for the coming winter. The scent of food drifts through the air, and the faint tuning of instruments can be heard from one of the tents nearby. This festival, in this small, unnoticeable village in the mountains, did not have vast riches or fancy clothing, but it made up for that with its few exotic goods brought from the neighboring valleys and the pure jovial energy in the town.

Between the stalls and the tents, a couple of the town’s actual buildings are still visible. Old stone, cracked and worn over the years, peaks out from the faded tent cloth almost as if it were playing a game, peaking out and saying ‘I am still here’. One of these buildings was prepared for the local festival, the door unlocked and signs outside advertising the festival and the opportunities it presented for new wares.

The door to the building opens with a creak, and the old shopkeeper’s head raises, although he still faces one of the shelves on the wall behind a counter. “Hello,” he says, not looking to the door, “welcome to my shop. Is there anything I can help you with…?” He trails off as he turns around. He could have sworn he heard someone walk in, but there wasn’t a person in sight. He glances towards the corners of the room but notes that no one is there, either. He turns back to the shelf, deciding to forget the encounter as he cleans-

“Ahem.”

The shopkeeper jumps as he hears the grunt, almost knocking the shelf off its mountings, and turns around quickly. Just like before, there was no one there within his eyesight.

“Down here.”

The shopkeeper glances over the counter, finally noticing the mop of unruly hair poking over the countertop. There before him stands a halfling, young, almost impish, somewhere between a frown and a smile on his face. His voice, however, remains neutral:

“I was wondering when you would see me. I had almost thought you were blind, considering how you had almost completely ignored me without meaning to.” The halfling steps back from the counter, looking up at the shopkeeper. “This is a nice shop. Do you have a specific thing that you are selling or is it just a room of knickknacks?”

The shopkeeper sputters at the brashness of the halfling before regaining his composure, trying to show a friendly face. “Yes, I sell a variety of items that the townspeople try to look out for. Is there something you’re looking for in particular Mr...?”

“Bellwater. Well, you see,” the halfling continues, picking up one of the items on the counter, which resembles a small clay mug, “I am looking for books; if you have them, that is.”

The shopkeeper grimaces. “Books? Sadly, I do not carry books. Our town isn’t large enough for me to keep books here regularly. You would have to go to one of the visiting tents for that. Those come from some of the neighboring towns.”

A look of disappointment enters the halfling’s face. “A shame. I was hoping to expand my collection.” The halfling takes the mug and places it back on the counter. “You would be surprised what kind of books I’ve found way out here. Information is very valuable out in the larger cities, especially the kind that never made it to the cities in the first place.” The halfling walks to the door, looking back at the shopkeeper. “Keep an eye out for books, will you?” With that, the halfling walks out.

The shopkeeper shakes his head, pondering the strange halfling who had come into his shop. He went back to the shelves, cleaning his wares and quickly forgetting the strange halfling interested in the trade of information and books. It wasn’t until later that he noticed the simple clay mug had been replaced with a slightly finer quality copper mug.

The halfling walked out of the town, bag sadly empty of new tomes of knowledge. That was fine. If information wasn’t hard to find, people wouldn’t pay him for the books he gathered outside of the cities. He did come out with one useful item, however. He hefted the clay mug in his hand, enjoying the simplicity of it. He had traded off his copper mug when the shopkeeper hadn’t been looking. This way, Beringar Bellwater would not forget the quaint town. Perhaps it would even serve to remind him to come back in a couple of months in search of more books. That would certainly be profitable if the shopkeeper did lookout for more tomes for him.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.