Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Boetius Forehorn - The Recluse

TheDuples

Lord of Altera
Boetius Forehorn - The Recluse

Drawn by: Me

Name: Boetius Forehorn

Full Titles: Sir Boetius of Konungsriki, Sir Boetius of Sangria

Nickname/Alias: Boe, mad old goat, the Mad Knight

KEY INFORMATION:

Race: Caparii Greathorn

Social Status: Knight, or Criminal (In some regions)

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 6'5

Weight: 168 lbs

Homeland: Northern Forests of Compendium

Current Home: Verdant Valley

PHYSIOLOGY:

Build: Boetius is a mountain. His powerful muscles have been built back up gradually from his former state as a frail creature.

Hair: Flowing brown locks of noble appearance, like a lion's mane.

Eyes: Piercing green eyes that show signs of insomnia.

Skin: His immense time stranded at sea, in addition to poor nutrition has bleached much of Boetius' skin, although he's beginning to get a shade of his old vigor back.

Appearance: Boetius' eyes show years of torment and hardship behind them. He stands tall over most individuals, and gives off a sense of an untamed wildness in his appearance.

Clothing: A simple green loincloth. Wears clothes only in cold climates.

Weaponry: Likes to brandish a large Zulu-style club and axe of his own making.

Prized Possessions: All lost at sea.

Hygiene: Usually smells of the wood.

Voice: Deep and thundering. X

Personality:

Boetius has gone through many long periods of suffering, with little rest between them, but this has only ever temporarily repressed his jovial, carefree nature. Having been lost at sea for a decade, Boetius has struggled to come to terms with a world that has mostly forgotten him, but finding new friends, allies, and loved ones has reinvigorated Boetius, returning him to a semblance of what he once was. A proud, stoic, yet gentle man, Boetius seeks to help those around him at any cost, seeking to act selflessly for the sake of embodying the ancient heroes of lore, greater than he. Boetius greatly regrets the mistakes of his past, but chooses deliberately not to dwell on them anymore, instead wishing to atone for his past madness through his present actions.

Boetius is generally not an angry man unless either he or his loved ones are threatened or insulted. If one takes violent action against him or his family, Boetius can turn into a fearsome and merciless warrior, a miasma of unbridled fury and retribution with no end.

Boetius is not a complicated man, preferring the simple life of a warrior over palaces and riches. He is known very well for his adherence to natural living, a philosophy based around living only with what is necessary. Boetius has particular disdain for those royals who see their higher positions as an excuse to mistreat the less fortunate.

Recently, Boetius has found a place in the Goraya family, and this has greatly strengthened protective aspects of himself. Boetius has begun to focus less on combat and war, and more on a peaceful life of healing and protecting those who he loves. Despite this new focus, war and conflict seems to follow the Caparii wherever he goes, and Boetius begins to question whether or not it is his ultimate fate to die in battle.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:

Strengths:
-Physically strong.
-An iron will.
-Empathetic
-Brave
-Extensive combat knowledge

-Some knowledge of herbalism and field medicine
-Loyal to those he trusts.
-Fairly clever, quick witted.
-Humorous

Weaknesses:
-Prone to addiction.
-Naive
-Very Superstitious
-A wild temper. Quick to anger as a first response to adversity. (With his recent focus on healing, Boetius has begun to cool down somewhat.)
-Wild, and stubborn. Will do things as he sees fit, even if it disrupts other's lives.
-Vengeful. An affront to justice or honor will not go unpunished.
-Reclusive and solitary, he does not like to ask for help
-A tad egotistical at times.

Fears:
-Losing his family, in death or separation.
-Jishrim.
-Being seen as evil.
-Being locked up.
-Slavery
-Being alone
-Fire, for it reminds him of Jishrim.
-Being seen as a mad man.
-Spiders

Intelligence: While not tradionally educated, Boetius is quick-witted and highly alert, making him difficult to predict. A proficient military strategist, Boetius is a terrifying warrior on the battlefield, and knows how to use people`s fear of his wildness against them.

Languages: Fae, common

Profession: Knight of Sangria and keeper of Khareos Keep, mentor, medicine-man of Verdant Valley

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:

Religion or Cults:
Wishes to become a chosen warrior for one of the good gods, but rarely understands exactly what the gods want from him. He hopes they will see his actions and come speak to him one day, since he has little idea how to speak to them.

Alignment: Boetius prefers to do things his own way, regardless if it is legal or right in the eyes of others, thus it could be said that he is Neutral Good in his alignment, as he generally will not go out of his way to cause harm to others on purpose, unless it is necessary.

Short Term Goals:
-
To be a loving husband and father to his new family.

-Practice medicine in Verdant Valley.
-Become strong again
-Re-establish friendship with his kinsmen.
-Find his lost friends.
-Re-gain any semblance of trust of those he has wronged.
-Train Sofia and other squires in warfare.

-Become a master military strategist.

Long Term Goals:
-Become a great warrior for one of the gods.
-Defend and restore the forests.

-Unite his people and put an end to the machinations of Jishrim's servants.

TRIVIA:

Favourite...
Place: Verdant Valley
Pastime: Telling the tale.
Food: Boar
Drink: Rum
Colour: Green
Animal: Canaries

Least Favourite...
Place: The Island
Pastime: War
Food: Seaweed
Drink: Sea water
Colour: Orange
Animal: Wolves

GALLERY:

RELATIONS:

Loved/Family:

-Tylla Goraya: Blorbis83
"My love, thank you for giving me a place in your family. Forevermore, I promise to protect you and your children." Tylla and Boetius are now married, and Boetius couldn't be happier! Marriage is certainly a new experience for Boetius, and he appreciates that his wife has been so understanding of Boe's personal eccentricities and philosophy. The two are a perfect match, and keep each other in constant check; Boetius keeping Tylla level-headed, and Tylla keeping Boetius from sinking into the despair that plagues him. Tylla has also introduced Boetius to her family, to which he hopes to serve as a guardian and father. More than anything else, Boetius loves Tylla for her resilient spirit, and she is the bravest woman he has ever known.

-Trifaë Goraya: Lizardd_ "Though I have known you for only a few weeks, I already consider you my daughter. As I have looked after your mother, so too will I look after you." Boetius has already taken a rather protective stance towards Trifaë, seeing her as a daughter. Boetius wants to let Trifaë know of his own experience in hardship and torture, and teach her how to overcome such hardships, especially with her recent kidnapping and subsequent return. Boe has vowed to protect the young girl at any cost.

-Sofia: DizPanda "You are like a daughter to me, and I shall be a mentor and guardian to you." Boetius sees the spark of a warrior in Sofia, and wishes to nurture that spirit. He despises those who have rejected her for the same reasons they reject him, and wants nothing more than to show Sofia how strong she really is. Boetius and Sofia agree on most things, and so Boetius has come to view Sofia as family, seeing her as his foster daughter. Sofia now lives with her husband, and while Boetius feels that he didn't train her as well as he should have, he is happy to know she is forging her own destiny.

-Cymic: Cymic_ "My King, I will serve you always and with honesty." Boetius admires his king most of all for his authenticity, given that he is never afraid to speak his mind, and always says what he wants to say.

-Ventare: Shao "My brother, I enjoy our merry-making together. You are a lighthouse in my foggy mind." Ventare is really the only person that has come to understand Boetius completely. Boetius appreciates his brother's willingess to clean up after Boe's messes, and wishes to become as quick-witted and resilient as he is.

-Kam: Kamaoe "You are as powerful as I remember, the mother of many, the only mother I remember." Although she is no longer a part of Sangria, Boetius will always see Kam as the fierce soldier of the kingdom that she once was. He wishes she would visit more.

-Theodosius: Blorbis83 "How I loathe myself for my behavior towards you. Forgive me, brother."

-Léonce du Faucon: ZeAfroGentleman "A good man, if there ever was one." Boetius sees in Leonce, a man looking for guidance to questions he does not understand. While Boetius does not know if he has the answers, he will gladly help Leonce in any way he can, and feels compelled to trust him with most things, especially Sofia. Boetius has also come to view Leonce as the closest thing he has to a son, and regrets that he could not be a better mentor to him.

Trusted:

-Isla Vawdrey: Brushy Bristle "We are both sheep without a shepherd."

-North: Redy "You have proven yourself to have a resilient spirit, though I wonder if you yourself are aware of it." Boetius finds himself concerned that a nice man such as North thinks so little of himself. Boetius seeks to nurture the brave spirit within his kinsman.

-Rook Corvus: ZeAfroGentleman "I enjoy our hunts together. You are a true friend and ally. You seem a little unhinged, and I like that." Boetius perceives Rook as a man much like himself; a man unafraid and craving adventure in all its forms. Boetius likes Rook's connection to nature and the fact that he seems to avoid much of the petty political disputes that plague his other friends and family.

-Raven: Kakers "You and Ven keep me sane, and you're fantastic fun to be around, never let the world change your madness."

Befriended:

-
Thure Hardanger: kaiser_harding "Despite the previous disagreements between you and my wife, I still consider you a student of mine. We ought to train together more!" While the royal life disagrees with Boetius, Boe is highly impressed at just how much Thure Hardanger has accomplished and grown from the impulsive young man he once knew.

-Damien Ulamyar: Baron2537 "My madness drives us farther and farther apart, and yet you keep coming back to give me another chance." Boetius appreciates Damien for putting up with his madness in the past, he hopes the two of them can become closer allies.

Maebh: Magic Intern "Such a funny child. Intelligent and witty, just like me!" Both Boetius and Tylla have been spending a lot of time with the blind fortune teller. Boetius enjoys Maebh's patient nature, as well as the fact she often seems to be the smartest person in the room at any given time.

Liked:

-Marceau: Morbid "I am very happy that we are friends again." Boetius hopes that his returned friendship with Marceau will lead him up a path to redemption in the eyes of Marceau's family.

Eren Abel: DraKonum "You are a decent man, neither objectionable nor someone I yet trust." Boetius sees an intelligence within Eren that he has yet to piece together. Boetius ponders at Eren's motives, and has come to no real conclusions about them, and so cannot bring himself to make idle conversation with the man.

-Azalea Silveira: Sophe "My poor kin-sister, how terrible a state I have shown myself to you. I wish with all my heart that I may be seen as a fellow kinsmen in your eyes, that we may be brother and sister to each other. I fear you know too little of the wild world, and I would seek to show it to you, if you would only let me in."

-Sugar Silveira: Ruu Darling "I dislike that you are a noble, for you grow too attached to the world of material things, but at the end of everything you are still a sister that has seen fit to forgive me for terrible things, and who has shown me kindness where all others rejected me. I hope I can unite our people, and you will see me for the person I once was."

-Garrett Herennius: Galaxy "My poor troubled nephew, you are too afraid of the world for your own good. I would tell you to grow a spine, but it would only hurt your feelings."

Neutral:

-Illyrana: The Cartoon Witch
"I feel you are not ready for the realities of life. You must work on being more empathetic and knowledgable of the world at large." Boetius admires Illy's diplomacy skills, but still feels that she acts more often like a child pretending to be an adult.

Unsure of:

-Royce Redmond French Roast "You seem like a decent man, but your association with the cultists make me unsure of your true intentions or fealty.

Wary of:

-Enoch Arken
"Your words are sweet and beautiful, but I question if your soul is not rotten and damned."

-Foxbells: Sussurous "I never trust a witch, especially one who wears a mask." While Boetius does not trust the jester known as Foxbells, she has yet to cause harm to him or his family. He hopes she is not more trouble than she's worth.

Afraid of:

Disliked:
-Rowley: Philipe
"Stay out of my way." Boetius bears a deep grudge towards Rowley for his rejection of Sofia and his constant interference in Boe's affairs. Were Boetius a lion, he sees Rowley as the whip, and he resents him for this.

-
Branko Callas: Kostadim "You think you and your father can cause chaos and death without consequence? I will find you, and make you regret who you have allied yourself with." Boetius feels a certain remorse at Branko's recent actions. Although the two of them have had their fair share of disagreements in the past, there was a time where Boetius perceived Branko as a friend, and Boetius never predicted that Branko would kill anyone out of malice alone. Suffice to say, all his former sympathy for Branko and his father, Karn, have dissipated as a result of their recent murders of Tylla and Maebh.

Hated:

Jishrim: Soon, you will know and fear me.

My in-game name is: TheDuples

Attachments

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
oof poor Boe when he finds out Tylla and Chives are involved
( :0 maybe he can get involved in their big marriage triangle! Tylla would love his affection for Shally )

Last edited: