Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ Candlewood ] The Sparring

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
mage_duel___nature_and_destruction_by_gjaldir_d7dyidd-fullview.jpg
Copy of ICEANDFIRE (780 x 63 px) (5).png

Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (900 x 200 px) (4).png
Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (500 x 100 px) (500 x 50 px).png
Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (900 x 200 px) (5).png

Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (16).png
Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (500 x 100 px) (500 x 50 px).png
Although the art of dueling traditionally involves sword and shield, those touched by the Arcane or Alchemy have adapted the noble art to magic spells. Candlewood will now begin the training of Mages, Alchemists', and Blessed beyond their capabilities of simply casting of their spells. Instead, putting them to the test for further understanding and grasping of their abilities. This will consist of safely regulated & instructed duels between individuals - meant to heighten their abilities and push their magic and potions to the test.

Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (18).png
These shall be added as we discuss the proper terms and regulations in-character.

Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (800 x 200 px) (800 x 100 px) (20).png
These shall be added as we discuss the proper terms and regulations in-character.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Lana cannot duel. There is little in the way of offense within the Life branch of Formistry, for how can something that creates also take away? What heals may harm, but rarely on purpose. For this reason, I would like Lana to witness these duels and be ready to heal any injuries.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Lana cannot duel. There is little in the way of offense within the Life branch of Formistry, for how can something that creates also take away? What heals may harm, but rarely on purpose. For this reason, I would like Lana to witness these duels and be ready to heal any injuries.
They will not be physical duels. They are purely through Cog through one of Athryl's new custom spells!

Spell:

Name: The Sparring
Level: 2
Branch: Illusion
Range: 30 meters
Duration: Concentration
Effect: The caster links minds with two willing individuals, allowing them to create perfect spectral illusions of themselves that they control. The users may fight, cast, and act as they would against one another. If the actual person is attacked or moved during this link, the spell breaks and the illusions fade. All physical harm is mental, resulting in mental fatigue if one of the users' spectral form is knocked unconscious or killed. The fatigue is comparable to a hard day's work, and lasts for an hour.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
They will not be physical duels. They are purely through Cog through one of Athryl's new custom spells!

Spell:

Name: The Sparring
Level: 2
Branch: Illusion
Range: 30 meters
Duration: Concentration
Effect: The caster links minds with two willing individuals, allowing them to create perfect spectral illusions of themselves that they control. The users may fight, cast, and act as they would against one another. If the actual person is attacked or moved during this link, the spell breaks and the illusions fade. All physical harm is mental, resulting in mental fatigue if one of the users' spectral form is knocked unconscious or killed. The fatigue is comparable to a hard day's work, and lasts for an hour.
ah
I didn't get that impression from this

Although the art of dueling traditionally involves sword and shield, those touched by the Arcane or Alchemy have adapted the noble art to magic spells. Candlewood will now begin the training of Mages, Alchemists', and Blessed beyond their capabilities of simply casting of their spells. Instead, putting them to the test for further understanding and grasping of their abilities. This will consist of safely regulated & instructed duels between individuals - meant to heighten their abilities and push their magic and potions to the test.
Awesome concept though =) Best of luck