Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Profile (Craven13)

Craven13

Villager
Name:
His birth name is unknown. The search for his true identity has been a lifetime of failed quests, misleading clues, and false paths.

Nickname/Alias:
Craven

Age: Exact age is unknown, due to the longevity of the dwarven race. But best estimates place him between thirty-five and fifty years old. In dwarven terms, this is roughly the equivalent of a human in their early twenties.

Race:
Dwarf

Height:
4' 11"

Weight:
267 lbs

Hair:
Brown, but with a strong hint of red.

Eyes:
Grey

Skin:
Deeply tanned from years of exposure to the sun and elements, swarthy and scarred from years of hard work and hard living on the high seas.

Identifying Marks:
A long scar running from his eyebrow to his jawline on his left side, giving him a permanent sneer. He wears silver rings in both ears, and his face and body are tattooed with symbols and images of both the sea-faring life and his dwarven heritage. His back is seamed with the scars of the captain's lash from the many years spent aboard the pirate vessel "The Sea Serpent", so named for the prominent head of a viper adorning the prow.

Appearance:
Although other races often think all dwarves appear surly and even angry, even other dwarves shy from this one. Due to a combination of his physical scars and personal wounds, his countenance is twisted into a permanent grimace of disdain. He looks as if he is constantly on the verge of slipping into a maddened rage, but in reality he rarely shows any type of emotional response. He tends to favor grey, brown and black clothing, and prefers to wear commoner clothing rather than "dress like a dandy" as he would say it. He seems to care little for his personal appearance or hygiene, often wearing clothing that is tattered and stained at best, filthy rags at worst. However, when donning his armor and battleaxe, the armor is always of the finest care and quality, as is his weapons. Even his tools, whether working the anvil or tunneling through solid rock in search of precious metals and gems, are always of the finest quality and show the signs of obvious careful maintenance. His beard, which seems to be his one physical vanity, is always washed and brushed to a perfect sheen and braided carefully. It is rumored he is wanted for murder in Port Silver, where a passerby happened to make fun of his beard. Craven responded by cleaving the man in two with his axe, and feeding the corpse to the fish at the docks in pieces. When asked if this were true, he simply shrugged and said, "Ye can figger it out easy 'nuff. Make fun of me beard, and see what happens t' ye."

Strengths:
While having next to no social graces, the very few people that have gotten to know him on a personal level have found that beneath the gruff interior is a fiercely loyal and protective soul. He hold the lives of his friends as having far more value than his own, and on more than one occasion has stepped in at great risk to himself to side with a friend. He hates weakness and cowardice, and cannot abide seeing anyone in servitude to another. He also detests dishonesty, and will be honest to a fault with anyone and everyone. He has little regard for social class and standing, instead weighing each person he meets by their own mettle. While this has caused no small amount of trouble at times, he will tell anyone, regardless of who they are, exactly what he thinks if asked.

He is an exceptional craftsman with both metal and stone, and if one watches him closely when he is working, they may actually catch a glimpse of happiness when he is wielding a forge hammer or pickaxe. He has exceptional physical prowess. He possesses extraordinary strength, partially from his dwarven heritage and partially from a lifetime of demanding physical labor. He also has fantastic balance and grace, honed from years of climbing around on "The Sea Serpent's" rigging and masts.

Weaknesses and fears: He has one major fear that he struggles with, and that is also his greatest weakness. He fears to get too close to anyone, and as a result has few true friends. Quick to temper when he feels someone is being less than honest, cordial, or respectful to him, he often comes across as abrasive, rude, and even a bit of a trouble-hunter. Because of this, he tends to keep to himself, staying underground in his labyrinth of caverns, his only true companion and friend he enjoys having around a former slave known as Jack DeLeonne.

Religion and cults:
No one is exactly sure what religious beliefs Craven holds. He tends to laugh it off when asked, and anger quickly when pressed on the issue. The truth is, he is not sure what to believe. With the experiences of his life, he tends to view any and all gods and goddesses as either figments of a weak mind, or in the case of those that have displayed proof of their power, as beings with power beyond that which they deserve. He tends to view them like children using the world as a plaything, moving people about like game pieces for their own amusement.

Profession:
Craven is a pirate by profession, but a metal a,d stone worker by trade. He is at his best and most at peace with an axe or hammer in hand. Nothing gives him pleasure like turning out the finest quality armor, weapons, and tools, or turning a useless lump of stone into a work of art and beauty. He takes great pride in his work, and will quickly show how explosive his temper if the quality of his work is questioned even a little.

Backstory:
Craven was born to a tribe of dwarves in an island nation long forgotten. When he was yet an infant, the underground city his family lived in was overrun by a large force of creepers controlled by a greedy wizard bent on recovering the dwarven treasure rumored to be stored there. The entire city was razed, and the population systematically exterminated like rodents. Somehow, an unknown good Samaritan managed to escape with 9 dwarven orphaned infants, Craven being one of them. months later, a pirate ship named "The Sea Serpent" landed on the shores of the decimated island where the ruined dwarven city was located, it's captain and crew looking for somewhere to hide their newly "acquired" treasure. While searching out caves for a suitable hiding place, the crew came across the remains of a dwarven adult female and eight tiny dwarven children. As they turned to go, one of them heard a faint cry, and located little Craven wrapped in rags, still in the arms of the recently dead adult dwarf. The captain, knowing of the innate dwarven traits that made them exceptional at locating, mining, and working precious metals and gems, decided to try to nurse the starving infant back to health. Against all odds, Craven survived, and was raised by the captain of he "Serpent."
He never held any illusions of his placer on the ship. It was made clear from a very young age that he was to pull his weight, and even more because he owed the captain his life. He was told he was being honed as a tool to aid the captain in gaining wealth and power, and he was never to forget his place. Being headstrong and stubborn, as as his dwarven nature, often Craven's tongue and temper got the better of his good judgement and common sense. This caused him to become a prime target for the unforgiving and cruel captain's lash, and he was whipped into unconsciousness many times because of his so-called insolence and lack of appreciation of the captain saving his "worthless dwarven hide".
When he reached 25 years of age, the captain was fatally wounded in a failed attempt to take over a merchant vessel bound for Port Silver. The "Serpent" was heavily damaged, and ran aground on a deserted island near the newly established city of Raven's Nest. Craven quickly shed the rest of the crew, and found a kindred spirit in Jack Deleonne. He decided to settle in Raven's Nest, and at the present time has begun to carve out quite a home in the stone beneath the island fortress. He did, however, go back to the remains of the wrecked "Serpent" and retrieve her anchor, which he displays to this day hanging from the ceiling of his underground fortress as a reminder of his turbulent youth.

matyio

The original mute
great profile, mind if I mention you in mine, it won't happen soon but if you say yes parrt of the story will be in ravens nest (the end part)

Craven13

Villager
great profile, mind if I mention you in mine, it won't happen soon but if you say yes parrt of the story will be in ravens nest (the end part)
I wouldn't mind at all, Mat. I'd be honored :)

And Itzzaboy, I hope posting this was okay, didn't mean to cause any issues.

Craven13

Villager
haha

/ban craven for making epic stories

nah its just something else, don't worry.
I knew it was matter of time before my epic ability to bulls**t and make it sound good bit me in the butt.....

LOL

But anyway, good deal, was worried for a moment I had done something wrong here. :)