Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cibus Alimento "The Gourmet of Altera"

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
Name: Cibus Alimento

Nickname/Alias: Fishcake by his friends, as his most made dish is Fishcake, a cake made with fish.

Race: Human

Build: A fairly muscular frame, tall (5'10) and toned but nothing too big for human.

Eyes: Emerald Green

Tattoos/Scars: Small scar under his left eye.

Distinguishing Features: His fang-like teeth and maw of a mouth. Blue hair.

Physical Flaws: He is extremely uncomfortable when he's hungry, to a point of legitimate stress.

Physical Qualities: He has a rather keen sense of smell, rivaling a canine or feline. A master self taught hand to hand fighter.

Clothes: He wears a blue-ish green shirt with an apron wrapped around his waist and leather shoes.

Hygiene: He bathes regularly and enjoys being clean. But it's a given since he handles food for his customers daily.

Voice: His voice is a medium tone, he gives off a comforting aura when he speaks.

Family Heritage: During his childhood he never talked with his parents or ever seen them. But they were there in his life, and in many ways were the cultivators for his love of cooking.

Worships: He follows no god, but respects the beliefs of others. But out of all the gods and goddesses he nods to the values of Sallana. He believes in the spirit of a person, the resolve one can have when obstacles come in front of them. He finds the most happiness when he trusts himself with troubles and eventually conquer them.

Disabilities/Illnesses: He hasn't come across any illnesses so far. In good health currently.

Intelligence Level: A good wit and smarts with the knowledge of countless recipes and food combinations from his past experiences. He continues to learn about food and loves to discover new cooking techniques and ingredients.

Known Languages: Common, A little Dwarven, Verba.

Fears/Insecurities/Phobias:
-He has an extreme fear of hunger, as to why he's so uncomfortable with an empty stomach. and he loathes seeing anyone else hungry.
- Love (To or From Humans), the concept is unknown to him and in most occasion he avoids any type of affection towards him. But he Loves his friends and comrades.
-Not skilled in ranged combat at all. He's better with close combat and hates going against a ranged opponent but even with his limitations he wants to find ways to overcome it.

Short Term Goals:
-Find more Ingredients for Cooking
-Learn Verba

Long Term Goals:
-Complete his Full Course Menu
-Complete his Secret Menu Item
-Become the most recognized chef in Altera
- Find the best meat he ever tasted as a child.

Alignment: Neutral

Profession: Chef, Cook, Gourmet. He cooks for anyone hungry in his Dining Hall

Hometown: An old island settlement in the Eastern Frontier

Current Home: Kavdam.

Favorite:
---------------------------
Color: Green
Food/drinks: Fishcake
Animal: Any with Delicious Meat
Activity: Cooking
Person: His mother and father.

Least Favorite
---------------------------
Color: Black
Food/drinks: None
Animal: Insects (As he's never eaten bugs yet)
Activity: Cleaning his Kitchen.
Person: None yet.

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
It was a vague fear, and that was the point. But to be frank, it's a generalization of the concept of love, Cibus can't, in layman's terms "get it". As in the way of relationships, its more of a shyness or avoidance of feeling awkward and sometimes a confusion. But he loves his friends and comrades nonetheless.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Yes, Yes, Yes. This is such a refreshing character to see. No amazing godly fighting or spellcasting ability, no demon-forged lightsaber swords - Just a man that has a fiery passion for food.

I wish there were more characters like yours on the server.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
If I ever meet you in RP, it'll be even awesomer than a lifetime supply of chocolate....
*Changes mind*
Scratch that. Chocolate is better.

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
[Backstory! Maybe! I don't know! Never mind I do!]
() = Character Action
(*Writing in Journal*)
Entry #1
Let's see...um..Dear Journal? I guess so...Bekkua did say it might be wise to keep one of these. So here goes nothing.
I should start from the beginning hm? Well, I was birthed roughly 25 years ago, on an island a couple miles from the shores of the Eastern Frontier. A small colony or settlement; it was me, my parents and a few other families. I hardly remember my parents...I hardly saw them. The only image I can recall in my mind is, that they were large people, muscular and tall; even my mother. I was raised till I was about 5, that's when things started to get different. I never saw my parents again, in person at least. I was left alone with the other kids, as their parents left too; to this day I don't know why. But, my parents took care of me, even if I never saw them. They provided food and kept our home clean except for one thing: the food was uncooked. None of us even knew how to make fire so...We ate it all raw. That lasted for a few years, some of the kids got sick and...well you know.
Around the time I turned 8 I started dabbling in cooking but really "burning", it was really a stroke of luck that one of the kids made a fire at all. So instead of red bloody meat, we had black charred meat. Needless to say we enjoyed the red bloody stuff better. But that was when I started experimenting, figuring out how to make the meat not become that garbage. Timing is what I learned, and soon the different types of meat. Every animal has sections, those sections became my guidelines. I never knew the names but from the texture and feel of the meat. It became clear what's what.
Basically becoming the colony's cook I worked hard to advance my skill and provide my friends with great meals to fill their bellies, when someone was hungry I made sure they were fed. In a way, I became an asset to them. The fruition of my path of gourmet lasted for about 10 years, the kids grew to their adulthood and lusted from that itch of adventure. "Finding their fortune!" They said. But I didn't have that drive, I was content with the provisions my parents gave me, they supported me for so long nothing felt wrong. It was dumb of me to think like that.
A day after I turned...18 I suppose, I woke up that morning, and I was alone...the others left, no goodbyes or notes. Gone. But I was greeted by something, a piece of meat. Sized for one person, it was from my parents, I felt it in my heart. It was...different from the other cuts I've received from them all these years. Pitch black scaled skin, grey fat, black flesh, a shank to be exact. It had marbleization shinier than the Silver Palace but from what, I never knew. So, I cooked it. Grilled to perfection on a hot stone.
The taste...I'll never forget. It was tender, sweet, tasted like Sirloin, Liver, Pork, Chicken, and A top quality stew. It was so much flavor that I fainted. When I awoke I felt, changed. I could smell flowers meters away, I was faster, my body felt stronger. My mouth, evolved into a gaping maw. I reveled with these new senses for hours that day. The next day though, I didn't receive any food. I thought they forgot so I let it slide, the last meal had me full for another day and yet. The same no show as before, but I didn't let up, I waited for almost a month with no food. Then for the first time in my life, I felt hungry. ("Speaking of hungry, I should get something to eat. I'll continue this another day. It's not like anyone but me is reading it.")

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
() = Character Action
(*Writing in Journal*)
Entry #2
Dear Journal. ("Still Wierd..") I was on the topic of the first time I was hungry, it sounded more epic when I had it at the very end, not much of an epicness now but whatever. It really was the first time, I felt my stomach roar loudly, like a growl from a monster, it was calling for me..in words; the tone was dark and demonic those words pierced in my mind like swords: "Eat, or Perish by my hand.." at first I felt scared. Besides the voice my stomach curled with pain, clenching my insides like it was eating them, each muscle being chewed by dull teeth. I had to go and find food fast, I searched the house for some clothes and I found a teal shirt, the apron I've been using for all these years, pants and some leather boots. So after I prepared I went off on an adventure! (*Scribbles out words*) I got lost. Not exactly a good start, but after I went quite a distance from the settlement I stumbled on the thick forest of the island I assume this was the place my parents found the food that supported the settlement, where else could they go? It rained more times than I can remember, cold and muddy was the feeling I had for a few more days, but soon I found a marvel of food. The mushroom. A bane of hunger, plentiful and filling with its delicate cap and stem. Perfect for stew or a grilled over a fire, its what kept me alive during those days of random wandering in the rain slick forest. The pain stopped and the voice faded for the time being. But until I had a steady food supply I wouldn't be able to keep going for much longer, after much directionless wandering I stumbled upon a nice lake. I was covered in muck and grime so I decided to take a bath, I swam in the clean water for a good long while until my skin started pruning. It was the best feeling I had since my stomach was full once more. After making a pseudo shelter, I rested by a makeshift fire thinking of where to go. I wandered for so long without seeing a soul, I mean, I couldn't of been alone on the entire island could I? It was lonely that's for sure, I even tried talking to my hunger. Not much of talker. As days went on, swimming was the only thing that would entertain me but sometimes during a dive I would notice dark specks, it was fish. I managed to catch one during a dive and ate it. I love it raw more but after cooking it over a fire. It wasn't bad at all. So I stayed there for about a month eating fish until I decided it was time to move on. I wondered once more, keeping any food bits in the pockets of my apron, drinking the water from leaves when it rained again. I began to wonder if I'll ever find someone or something to eat. It felt like forever since I left the settlement but it was only about a month and a half. Those memories of the others saying "Finding there fortune." seemed less and less a reality. It's hard to remember there names, but it was sad to think of them, whether they got off the island or survived the leave. That's when I realized I had to leave sooner or later. Maybe find someplace I can call home for a little while. I came across another forest, it was more open but the trees were taller than last time, it was dry and humid. I heard rustles off in the distant and I could smell something, a rich earthy scent, fresh and clean. That's when I met the furry friends of the forest, all cheery and happy...It was actually wolves, blood dripping from their teeth and red eyes that looked like nether incarnate but that's a good place to stop and remember I think. (*Rubs scar* Hm...)

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
() = Character Action
(*Writing in Journal*)
Entry #3
(*Sighs deeply, looking to the dim stars outside the window as they light the house.*) Sometimes I remember the pain...Pain isn't something I take lightly. When it hurts, it really hurts, but sometimes I remember the times when I was free from pain and look inside myself to figure out why it hurts more than it should. This scar. (*Rubs it gently*) Means more than a simple face tear, it was the first time I saw my own blood. Besides the blood of meat I prepared I thought nothing of it. After my change I felt invincible, like nothing could change this feeling of power. But the first cut, my shell broke and my mind went into some many different directions. Being secluded for so long, knowing nothing of pain and danger. Is this what some people face each day? prisoners of the law, soldiers on the battlefield. It was hard to understand at first, still is sometimes, that whoever made us, gave us this feeling. Some have come to embrace it, others fear it more than anything. I don't know where I stand, but the first cut. This was my first encounter with wolves, they didn't make a sound. Looking to me with piercing red eyes, their faces scrunched up from the growling, teeth wet and dripping. I had no intention of going back the way I came, I stood my ground. They didn't care, they jumped onto me, the heavy claws digging into my skin. They weren't sharp but blunt like they've been using them for a long time, I felt small cuts on my chest, and then the first blood. My cheek was gashed, the cut could've extended to my ear if it wanted. When the pain came, my vision blurred, everything was shaking I felt useless under all the shuffling claws. I blacked out for a few moments or what felt like a few moments. The voice came once again darker than last time, from my stomach. "Allow me to take over, you've managed to feed me well. So I shall return the favor.." When I opened my eyes, my arms felt heavy, I felt limp and sore. Everything was silent, I clenched my fingers, a slimy paste was caked onto my hands and arms....It was blood. I tasted some that was dried on my upper lip, strands of fur glued on, my cut stopped bleeding and it was covered with the crusted blood. I slouched against a tree, looking at the ground. Only red trails in five directions remained, It smelt fresh but I had no idea whether those wolves were dead or not. I tried talking to my stomach again desperately but no answer. My hands were the hands of a monster, it wasn't my cheek that was the first cut. My hands were responsible for the first cut that I, made into a living thing. It..felt wrong but, would I still be alive if "It" didn't step in..I felt more weak than powerful after that. (*Sets quill down and journal down, staring blankly into the night sky* ". . .")

Chikuwa

Lord of Altera
() = Character Action
(*Writing in Journal*)
Entry #3 (Continuation)
After that little number I continued on, not before washing up in a nearby pond. Soon the dense forest started to become less and less thick, eventually I ended up in a small valley. It was cluttered with wildlife, small rabbits, cows, and sheep. All looked Delicious. But besides my "special" friend I had no way of dispatching them correcting, and I wasn't in the mood to get into a desperate state like before. I couldn't give the animals a swift death but I had to eat something. My hands soon become my greatest tool. After I settled in with a small fire I'd practice hand movements, punches, and all sorts of techniques I figured out over time. I had to get in shape, I would run across the valley until my lungs gave out. I kept going at it until my body didn't feel the pain of exhaustion, and sooner or later the valley would be clear of everything. I gave my thanks to the animals, they made me what I am today. Not long after I continued on from there, soon arriving to the islands shore line. Seeing sand for the first time was strange, it was like walking on melting dirt. And then the ocean, it was beautiful. It seemed it stretched on for worlds but could the others really left the island from here? With more scoping of the sea I eventually saw some land, it was larger than the island and seemed to be what I thought was mainland to where ever.. Thinking back the kids made these tiny rafts, no smaller than their hands but I thought hard of the shape but in the end. With no materials to craft it, I thought to Nether with it. I swam for fudge's sake, for what felt like hours. My body sore and soggy, I was drained beyond compare but I landed on the opposing beach. Lifting my upper body up to look across to the island, I blinked once. And it was gone...I slouched down on my back and closed my eyes. Sometimes I wonder if I was just too tired to see it, but then again. I never looked back.