Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Colossus Unchained] The Deadlands Revival - 20.00 CEST Rangers

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
+ [ Colossus Unchained ] +
The Deadlands Revival

1669157911616.png

A colossus has risen in the Deadlands and stands watch over a growing invasion army.
How will the realm react?

OOC
blargtheawesome has crafted incredibly beautiful lore for the Deadlands. I'm here to prevent it from gathering dust with a small event series.
In these events, you will be sending your characters to the deadlands to prevent Qlippoth's minions' insurgency and stop his invasion before it starts.
Succeed, and Qlippoth will again be thwarted. Fail, and the Deep One may yet claim new lands for its evil machinations!
Note that these are violent high-risk events with a realistic probability of death. Only the most careful and skilled will survive this...

The Events
I am loath to stare at my screen for three hours, emoting combat back and forth.
That's why I've devised a more arcade style of doing these events. It may take hours, but now they'll be fun!
These events will consist of 1/3 roleplay decision-making, 1/3 statrolls, and 1/3 parkour. Allow me to explain.

Parkour
The colossus is massive, yet it has three weak points hidden on its massive body. Those who come to combat this titan will have to make use of their agility; climbing up the beast and attacking its weak points one by one to ultimately slay it (a full frontal attack will result in a party wipe). You will be climbing up the actual monster, while it's still alive and breathing and aiming to swat you off, in an effort to exploit the weak points and bring the sucker down!

Statrolls
Parkour can suck when you've got lag at the wrong moment, but that's why you brought your friends and your dice pool of the Evasion skill. If the titan manages to swat you off, or you miss the jump you were aiming for, you roll evasion. If you roll at least 50% success, you stay on the titan and don't fall off. If you have friends near, they may roll evasion too and if they roll at least 50% success, you also stay on the titan. They will have reached for you as they saw you slip and keep you on the titan. If you fail the jump and then you also fail your rolls, you may die, depending on how far you fall. I'm using the 50% success rule, which means that it doesn't matter if you have 6 or 2 dice in your evasion pool, you'll all have equal chances!

RolePlay Decisions
If by this time you have managed to stay on the colossus, you still have to find a way to defeat it... Its weak spots will be marked so you know where to go, but which path to take and how to make use of its weak spots? It will not always be as straightforward as a sword to the eye. Your characters will have to use their wits and their traits; like your magic, archery skill, strength, or whatever you're good at, and exploit that skill to take this blight titan down. This will involve statrolls, but for the largest part boils down to finding the right way of approaching this challenge. After all; this is a boss fight and making the wrong decisions will be punished harshly (read: death). Be warned!

Signing Up
Like what you're reading and want to give it a shot? There will be space for three groups to sign up.
Make sure you have the complete consent of the folks you sign up with prior to filling in this form.

Faction Name: (can be an official faction or group formed purely for this event)
Member Names & Skills: (no less than 3 members, no more than 5 can join. You may sign up with more, but only 5 can join)
(list them below each other like this example: Bobby - Fire mage and archer)

Each of the three groups will have its own unique challenge.
You'll find out what that challenge is when your characters find out.

Thank you for the lore, Blarg :)

Last edited:

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I would not wish to ruin the fun of your parkour with teleporting abilities, so I will refrain for now. Sounds fun though.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I would not wish to ruin the fun of your parkour with teleporting abilities, so I will refrain for now. Sounds fun though.
If you can gather a group of folks who can fly or teleport I can make it work actually :)

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Statrolls
Parkour can suck when you've got lag at the wrong moment, but that's why you brought your friends and your dice pool of the Evasion skill. If the titan manages to swat you off, or you miss the jump you were aiming for, you roll evasion. If you roll at least 50% success, you stay on the titan and don't fall off. If you have friends near, they may roll evasion too and if they roll at least 50% success, you also stay on the titan. They will have reached for you as they saw you slip and keep you on the titan. If you fail the jump and then you also fail your rolls, you may die, depending on how far you fall. I'm using the 50% success rule, which means that it doesn't matter if you have 6 or 2 dice in your evasion pool, you'll all have equal chances
*Starts loading up with foci*
/j

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Is there a set time for this? Or is it like the digs?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Small addendum to the post: You may sign up with more than five to have a pool to draw from, but only 5 may attend the event.

Is there a set time for this? Or is it like the digs?
Fortune is right. Once the groups are known, I'll find a time and date that suits for the group :)

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
Group: Keepers of the Veil
Member Names & Skills:
Adda (E2 Stable Mage, Archery)
Matt (E2 Volatile (fire) Mage, Swordsman)
Cassius (Swordsman, bard)
Edger (Korog Blessed, Polearm User)

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Faction Name: Golden Order
Member Names & Skills:
Aki - Blessed of Valiant, swords good, runs good, hides good, puns good.
Leonhardt - Blessed of Ignis, swords somewhat good, runs good(?), missing a hand.
Valtae (maybe) - Blessed of Shalherana, heals good
Fjord - Halberd good.
Nilsa - Valiant Blessed, fight good, makes good tea and stuff.

Fortune Crusader_Of_Man The_VALKYRIE FjordOfFrosthill Manakamana

Last edited:

Crusader_Of_Man

Lord of Altera
Legend
Crusader_of_Man
Crusader_of_Man
Legend
Member Names & Skills:
Leonhardt - Blessed of Ignis, swords somewhat good, runs good(?), missing a hand.
Fjord - Halberd good.

this has my approval

Manakamana

Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Manakaman
Manakaman
Patron
Member Names & Skills:
Nilsa -
Leonhardt -
Aki -
Fjord -
Valtae -

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Btw, Bartooliinii, the post above me is the same group I posted for dunno why Mana posted it aswell tho

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Member Names & Skills:
Since you're first to sign up you're getting the first event.
Is Saturday 3rd of December - 20.00h CEST (Dutch/Europe time) good for all of you?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Member Names & Skills:
This is today for Moosh's group! 6 hours and 45 minutes from the moment I post this reply :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A Deadlands Colossus was slain! It did take one of the party with it, while the others got badly wounded, some with lasting marks. OUCH!
I'll be in touch with the Golden Order soon to set up an event date for their titan :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Member Names & Skills:
Fjord - Halberd good.

How is friday the 9th of December - 20.00h CEST for this group? Are weekdays okay?