Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ Council Candidate] Crowley

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
E4EBF63F-AD5C-4CAC-92A0-1FFE11CE3824.png

My fellow Landing denizens, it is time we take matters into our own hands. Time and time again our leaders have failed to hold the right priorities, and it has come at a great cost to the rest of us. No more, I say! It is time that we make real progress in this city.

My name is Crowley, many of you know me already as the founder of Afterlife. For those who do not yet recognize me by reputation, I welcome thee into my prized establishment to meet me in person. Share a free drink and be merry, for it has always been my priority to improve the lives of others. I will list several of my objectives in this election; if you find yourself agreeing with them, I humbly ask for your vote.

1. Accountability for The Landing Guard.
Our guardsman have been misdirected toward the wrong priorities in maintaining local security. I recognize plainly that our guard have a limited number of resources, which means we must use them wisely. No longer shall they so heavily patrol our impoverished sectors. For far too long, some of the most vile incidents I have ever heard have gone unsolved and unpunished. Our Landing guards shall be directed to patrol every area of the city evenly and fairly. The focus will no longer be fixated upon the less fortunate, and the nobles that have eluded the watchful eye of the law shall do so no more. By better organizing our guardsmen we will be less likely to miss significant crimes.
- I will also see to equipping our guards with horns to better alert their comrades to a need for backup without needing to leave the scene to do so.
- I will see to having accountability brought in to the guardsmen. Weekly reports of their activity, success, and failure in all actions. Those who are found ineffective or incompetent will be relieved of duty so that we operate with utmost efficiency. I wish to restore the public’s faith in the guard.

2. A Reprioritization of The Law
Crimes by those in need will be considered with more nuance than ever before. Why should the mother who stole bread to feed her starving children be punished while those who openly attack and kill others on the street escape to do so time and time again? Our enforcement will focus heavily on violent crime, allowing for those in need to receive help, rather than punishment. When a majority of crime we see is committed by the poor because they do not possess what they need, the issue is not crime, it is the inequality among citizens. Those found committing crimes of necessity will instead receive the proper support they need to thrive, rather than survive.

3. Support for The Less Fortunate
As one born in the mire, I know the plight of those with less fortune. As a councilor I will ensure that those living most prestigiously in our city pay what is fair to improve the lives of others. We shall no longer allow them to hoard wealth like dragons, instead they will share what excess they have with those in need. It is my priority to see a revival of areas in our city that have fallen to disrepair. Improved paths, patched holes, and increased sanitation will be made real so that the spread of disease and harm is halted.

4. Equal Treatment for All
Be it punishment or something else, all within the landing shall be treated with respect and fair consideration regardless of background, class, wealth, race, or condition. This will include those with horns and those touched by Skraag so long as they have a record of peace and civility.