Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Council Candidate] Melarue Lydril

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
⤝[ ! ] ⤞

- Posters are scattered across the Landing. -

]═──────────────────═[

I, Melarue Lydril, put my name forward despite the risk to my life for the sake of this great community. I have been slandered, assaulted, almost murdered, and yet those in power of this city do nothing about it and continue to shift the blame of their own failings onto the less fortunate. Vyres and the afflicted are the villains to every story.

Innocent people are killed upon the beaches of the slums for their faith and no one does a thing. Valerie Gerharde did no wrong, and yet I see no punishment given by the Council nor Guards of the Landing towards her murderer, and no mention of his deeds upon this new poster that seeks to pin all problems upon myself.

Frost, the mage who so blatantly tried to end my life with witnesses was never captured, never punished, and so in a moment of remorse of her own blaring guilt she handed herself in instead. And yet then, the Guards did nothing, and would do nothing. I had no part in her removal from the keep, and yet I am blamed with it instead of those seeking power taking the time to consider how she ended up there in the first place. I provided names of witnesses who were never contacted, and yet she is not punished, and allowed to roam the Landing instead. I am blamed for her arrival on the docks, and yet I did not have part in it, because it is easier to shift the blame. It is because of these inept people in power that she was allowed to continue her spree and murder- butcher- an innocent outside of Eldpoint.

I know how inept the guard force of this city is, for I too handed myself in after assaulting a woman who would later threaten friends and myself further. I handed myself in and got fined one thousand radiants, and released. I have been within this city since then, nothing has happened.

I assaulted Lana Silviera for her part in slandering all Vyres, Demons, and Skraagites with no regard to them being people. I tried to slap this woman for telling my dear friend Sylvia that she should simply not be allowed to exist, for suggesting we be hunted down like dogs and locked away, for suggesting we are not people, and I am accused of trying to murder her.

I am blamed with the death of Athryl Mithtanil despite him threatening my life and trying to kill me on multiple occasions. I fled the lands of Eldpoint as to escape him, and yet he followed me to the Landing where I assumed some manner of safety, but I found none and know better now.
No one cares in Storm's Landing.

Do not vote for me if you are threatened, but know if you vote for those who so eagerly put aside the less fortunate that you allow something far worse into the Landing. So many Vyres, Demons, Undead, Afflicted, find a home here - And you are seen as nothing more than scapegoats. Remove your opponents, assert yourselves, take your home for yourselves. Vote for the right ones. Vote for the downtrodden, the afflicted, the ones who know more of this city than these strangers who seek to better themselves upon the broken bodies and ashes of those they deem enemies.

]═──────────────────═[

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
(I'll add that I am aware Melarue is not the most.. Sound of mind. I do not intend to upset anyone mentioned in this poster you're not being unreasonable!)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
*There's too many posters. Melarue never finds it, and so is never aware of it. The rain makes the poster soggy.*