Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

cowabunga = Ladusel. Profile and backstory.

Alekzander

Villager
Name: Ladusel of Eus
Nickname/Alias: Ladusel
Race: Human
Height: 1.79 m.
Weight: 69 kg.
Hair: Curly brown, medium length
Eyes: Teal
Skin: Slightly pale
Identifying Marks: Slightly burnt fingers
Appearance: Looks like he is 27
Strengths: Knowledge and logic
Weaknesses and fears: Not exactly a fighter
Religion and cults: Not yet established in Altera, devoted to Alliji in homeworld
Profession: Historian

Background:

The Spire of Eus... A tower made of perfectly smooth gray stone, higher than any other building in the city. It can be seen from miles away, even at night... Especially at night. It seems out of place, and at the same time it fits in perfectly in the silhouette of the capital. Sometimes you can see someone crossing the narrow bridge over the moat, stepping inside the black metal gate. But rarely can you see someone coming out. High above the city, on a small balcony near the tip of the tower, you can sometimes see a motionless figure. That would be Alliji, observing the land. The Second Lord-in-the-Tower. The Protector of Eus. Keeper of the Dawn, Survivor of the Dusk. Few have seen him up close, and even fewer have ever talked to him. And I bet no one knows who the hell he is.

I was born on the Fourth Dawn in year 411 under Alliji, and was named Ladusel. Both my father and mother were respected citizens of Eus. My mother, Ragine of Eus, was a healer, and a member of the council. She often traveled to places she was needed, most often the Kilimi hamlet. My father, Paal-Ger of Eus, was a caravan guard. His monthly caravan was moving between Eus and Ujia-Alloeji, the biggest Elven habitation this side of the mountains. And every time the caravan stopped at Kilimi to load and unload energy crystals. Well, that's how they met... Then came the marriage, the honeymoon to the Great Lake of Glon (the only surface body of water on the planet), me...

My family was not very rich in Eus, but we did have a nice house near the Field of Sorrow (that's where the Last Stand at the Tower was), with a nice view of the Spire. And of course living in the Spire was my dream since early childhood. When I was 14, as it usually happens, I entered the academy, and, since I was born on Dawn, I decided the Dawn shall be my energy of choice... And I was still dreaming of the Tower, the source of Dawn. And of course I wanted to research the War, like all the apprentices did (except for the ones who wanted to participate in the next one). And both my dreams did come true. Days spent in the library, months spent in my room, and instead of the usual "On subdimensions", or "The differential analysis of auras of animals and sapient beings" my graduation manuscript was called "The true biography of Ejaeillo, the Elven champion". Of course I was expelled from the academy right on stage, but the next day I received an invitation to the Tower. I joined Alliji's research team, and specialized in the history of the dimension. When I was 27, I finally decided to complete my initiation of the Dawn (would be 21, if I wasn't that stubborn with my historical revelation), and stopped aging, as it happens to all Dawn adepts in the Tower. After that, nothing too exciting really happened. Until that day...

It was the 21st before Third Dawn. The year was 462 after the Black War. That was the day that changed my life.

It seemed at first that it was going to be an ordinary night at work. Of course I was excited to analyze the new manuscript which was found in the newly discovered section of the Crypt of Heroes, but it wasn't the first time a new relic was found. This time it was the diary of Ichlos the Battlemage, left hand of Mirre, the First Lord-in-the-Tower. Ichlos has perished during the Last Stand at the Tower along with his master and probably knew a lot about what actually caused the fall of the Spire. So that codex was likely to shed a lot of light on the last days of Mirre -- the greatest mystery of the Black War. And then I was suddenly summoned to Level 34, the master's quarters. The stuff I knew about Alliji wasn't particularly assuring. He appeared out of nowhere 4 years before the War, and immediately became Mirre's right hand, heir and successor. Several months later he vanished... only to return 3 weeks later with a note of friendship from Gammas 3 and 4. He joined the city council several times, only to retire on the next day. He participated in several arena tournaments in Glon (and won every time), visited the Core of Dusk and returned undamaged (hence the title). After a year-long spree of adventuring, against all expectations, he settled in the Tower and dedicated himself to science... The kind of science that eats a lot of energy, that is. Nugol the Head of Tower Guard wrote that he heard a lot of explosions in the dungeons around that time. Anyway, then was the War. Alliji lead a daring suicidal strike against the Elven central camp, and returned victorious and without any losses among his men. That ended the War... but while he was away the armies of the Visitors took capital Eus, and Mirre died while defending the Tower. That ended the 371 year long First Epoch. Alliji inherited the Tower and restored the Disk of Dawn. And that's all. Nothing is known about what he had been doing for the next 460 years.

That evening he was standing on his balcony, like always, overseeing his domain. That's when I peeked out of the door, and slowly stepped outside. The weather was windy, I could see the trees shake in the forest south of the capital. But not a trace of it here, the invisible barrier around the Tower shielded it from the weather. The silence was driving me mad.

-- Night is falling, master. Maybe we should go back inside? -- I was standing behind him, too frightened to look in his face.

-- Don't worry, Ladusel. You have served me well. -- He turned around and smiled, -- so I decided you deserve an honorable task. You are a great scientist, maybe even the best I have. You notice things everyone else always misses. You found the crypt, Ladusel!

-- No, no, it was Kaevol. He calculated the location. -- Of course I was flattered, my master never spoke to anyone like that. He rarely spoke to anyone at all. And then this... Something was wrong.

-- But who told Kaevol where to look? It was you who noticed the symbols were inconsistent, it was you who suggested it was a cypher.

-- Yes, but...

-- Stop! -- Now that seemed much more like the real Alliji. -- You will be sent to Gamma-11. Think of it as a vacation after all these years.

-- What?! Why me? -- I said, shielding my mind as hard as I could. Not like it could stop him. Because, in fact, I was very excited to see something new. After all, I haven't been outside the Tower for over 30 years. The diary of a legendary mage... Oh, it can wait, if the other choice is seeing another universe.

-- Because that world is impossible. -- He finally answered, -- And you like paradoxes. -- He paused for a second, --Meet me at the Focus at midnight. I have already prepared the jump. The energy spike will send you straight there. Don't forget to lock your subreality vault. Oh, and don't tell anyone. What if they will want a vacation too? -- And he left, leaving me alone on the balcony...

There was still much time until the daily spike, and absolutely nothing for me to do. So I went to the archives, sat in my favorite armchair and remembered the events that lead to this. I had to find out why... After all, Ichlos was responsible for the defense of the city, and Alliji is obviously trying to conceal something from his memoirs. Something that I would notice and everyone else would miss...

As I stood in the Focus of the Tower, I felt the spike is approaching. The air around me was cracking with energy. Alliji stood near, finishing the incantation which lighted the air around me with Elven script.

-- Don't forget! Same place, same time of day, three weeks from now. The Dawn will allow me to keep a stable exit portal working for around 20 minutes. Do not miss it! -- He shouted, as air currents started rushing around me.

Then all went white...

Alekzander

Villager
Journal entry 1.
The arrival.

20th to III, 462 under Alliji. Early morning.
Well, first I thought I was lucky. I mean, arriving in an uninhabited area, right to the main square of a town. I cannot imagine how I would survive if I fell out on an unexplored island... or a mountain peak... or just in the middle of nowhere. Because the next second I realized all my energy is gone. And I mean all of it, not just the pool but the aura too. Surprisingly, the second after that two more guys appeared at the exact spot I did. It seems to attract most jumps and teleportations for some yet unknown reason. I began to explore, I needed I good place to set up the equipment Alliji gave me.

20th to III, 462 under Alliji. Noon.
This world is full of crazy! The first person I met gave me 3 torches. If it was a person... Because it had a blue face. And, well, that wasn't the most crazy-looking guy I have seen that day. I wonder how such a racially diverse civilization hasn't yet fallen into chaos. In fact the pyramid of power here is very complicated... Kings, High Kings, I mean, if it were like this in Eus, it would have been replaced by a giant crater by now. Anyway, I found out they call this universe Altera. And whatever this is, it is most definitely not a planet. In fact, by the looks of things, I would say that, again, whatever this is, it is geocentric. And artificial. It's history reminds me of Eus: the creation as a safe place for refugees, Visitors (I have yet to learn more about this Naught), a great War... The climate is, well, weird. A snowy forest in the middle of the desert is not a mirage in these lands. Oh, and the ships here... they are fast. I thought the trip from Bristenburg to the capital would take at least an hour, but the sun was at the same angle when I arrived. Unless it's the time zones.

20th to III, 462 under Alliji. Noon.
Found a nice quiet cave near Campus Domini, set up the rune-table there. They seem to work fine. I'll leave them here for a day. Meanwhile, I better go and find some food.

19th to III, 462 under Alliji. Noon.
Bought some food. Nice, simple and tasty. Didn't see any wine though. Maybe it's banned in the Northern Kingdoms. The readings don't add up. This world cannot exist, as far as the rune-table says. And it detected interference. Impossible interference. I'll leave it for another day, perhaps the rain had some effect on the energy streams.