Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Poster Declarations of Haven

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Untitled2.png

Given my recent alignment with the Holy Empire of Anhald and my being named Sonnesbischof, I hereby declare the following things to be truth;
1. The de Courtnay alliance and endorsement of Fuvur is to be discontinued as the service of Heaven seems to be such an inconvenience to their worldly and widely heretical plans.
2. All Arcane acts are to be outlawed and forbidden within the lands of de Courtnay and the Church, even to those with an imperial licence, as such are an affront to God's natural order.
3. All worship of deities beyond Ignis Synnove is heresy, this includes the worship of angeli, for God is the sole being that deserves our gratitude and prayer. A pyre awaits all those found in reverence and providing prayer for one that is not Ignis Synnove in the lands of the church and de Courtnay.

Verum Illuminat et Veritas Praevalebit.

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
That is to say if characters would actually icly keep these rules and mindsets confined to the lands they are applied to.
We shall see.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Tricky area. Enchanters alchemists and the people who use the items they make?
Enchanting in particular seems like it would be a grey area.
Legit asking OOC because I'm curious.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Tell that to Astrakhan.
Its all most like that was a different point altogether and not the one made months after :thinking_emoji:
That isn't arcana in the eyes of the church. Its a science.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
2. All Arcane acts are to be outlawed and forbidden within the lands of de Courtnay and the Church, even to those with an imperial licence, as such are an affront to God's natural order.
For reference, what are all of de Courtnay's land claims?

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Enchanting? That's an interesting point of view. It's hard to see it as anything but magic
Enchanting is considered separate of magic by most. Plus it doesn’t lose you your divine favor to use enchantments, so the Gods don’t think of them as magic either apparently.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
as with all earlier posts, if this angers your characters enough for violent action, i am more than willing to play host to a siege or an attack in Haven.

TheDrakeProject

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just saying with the whole enchanting/alchemy thing... Historically speaking, science was often mistaken as witchcraft, due to it being a complex process that the common people (and also priests and the like) did not understand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I won't be being hunted as an enchanter on the grounds of magic, but still, just a little historic input.