Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Divine Folklore

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
1594571068937.png

Hello! I've had some thoughts about the Divine sections and of things I feel would be interesting to include that would not need only me to finish up. What I've decided on is a section/thread under each God titled 'Folklore and Tales' - Not specifically 'canon' stories, but tales that can be referenced IC and told to one another as stories known. However this is something I'd like to ask the playerbase for help with, and that is the purpose of this thread. I am taking submissions for these sections, can be sent in PM or posted in this thread - See the format below:

Divine: What Divine is this for?
Title: A 'title' to your tale.
Tale: Try to keep it under 500 words!

Try to keep it also available to any audience, not ones that would require content warnings or so on.
Additionally, longer than 200ish words - Don't submit sentence long ones or... You know.

For every tale approved, you will recieve 5,000 radiants!

1594571673239.png

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Note: You may submit tales you may have already written for this. Whilst there is no limit, I would like to get each God roughly the same amount.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Divine: Big Daddy V.
Title: Afterlife and Arbalor.
Tale:
Afterlife:
A question that has been asked since the dawn of time, touched upon by the lips of every mortal, what happens when we die? For most, the answer comes in the form of Shalherana's daughter, The Grey Lady and her swarm of reapers. This is not the case for all, however, for those that die in war or battle have another fate entirely. This is the way of the world. The souls of the dead are wrought and brought to the mighty gates of Arbalor, a huge steel portcullis forged of the swords of the fallen that acts as the mouth to Valiant's realm. Here, they are given a choice. Attempt to live again, should they feel their path is not finished, or die and begin their service.
Those that choose to begin their service in the afterlife become members of the mighty Legio Lares. Their life's accomplishments are judged and they are assigned to an Archangel based on the quality of their life. Those that fought and died well are entered into the service of mighty Crusade, while those who were cowardly and died badly upon the losing side of wars are entered into the service of the cruel Kilrox.
Unlife in Arbalor is a simple state of existence of perpetual conflict. War is constant and training is eternal. One's only purpose in Arbalor is to better one's form and become better than the day before. To die in Arbalor is to return the next morn and start their journey again. The perfect soldiers. For there will come a day when the Pantheon and Altera is in such need that Valiant and his Court of Conflict shall ride forth from the heavens upon thunderous steeds, trailing storms in their wake. The skies shall open and the Legio Lares shall be unleashed on the darkness of injustice.

Arbalor:
The realm of Valiant is a vast plane floating beneath a reddened sky streaked by flashes of lightning and hounded by the pounding of thunder and field guns. A great stone citadel stands at the heart of the realm and is surrounded by battlefields, earthworks and fortifications. No matter where one looks, war rages on. It is a place of strength and honour, in which the Lares of both Legions are engaged in constant, unceasing warfare.
Within the Citadel itself there is a mighty hall in which Valiant rules with his Court of Conflict by his side, there are no thrones here, only a vast round table around which all must stand. All are equal in this hall and all are ready for the call of war. Upon the walls, shields bearing the sigils and arms of every warrior line the walls of this great hall and each one is known personally to Valiant for he knows their bearers and their deeds.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A tale of a battle between Korog and a beast and how Korog saved the Dwarven capital

Divine: Korog
Title: Song of Korog
Tale:
“In Thraall are halls, no deeper can be.
Where only eyes, of dwarves can see.
The dwarves dug far, with iron bars.
To seek the gold, enchanted sea’s.”

“As deep as bedrock, can be found,
There lay the sea’s and pools of auld.
From it came light, a blazing bright.
To seek the ores, the dwarves were bound.”

“They dug to deep, to greedily,
To find the gems, and gold they need.
No man or beast, could ever have seen,
The terror, that lies beneath.”

“The demon awoke, and screamed in rage,
Stones were falling, all over the place.
Full of wrath, he took the path.
That leads to the throne of Dwarven race.”

“Korog came, to stop the fright
The fear of dwarves, for the demons might.
A battle made, In the cavern’s shade.
To end the horror, of the terrifying sight.”

“They fell through bedrock, where no man has been.
They fell into a dark ravine.
The cries of dwarves, the claws that carved.
To hear how Korog won the scene.”

“The throne was restored, to Dwarven pride.
And a temple for Korog, at the very site.
The dwarves returned, to do what they’ve learned.
To put the rubble and stones aside.”

“The glory of the dwarves was back as was.
Gold was molten without a loss.
Korog was pleased, with dwarven deeds.
And Thraall arose, as dwarven bliss.”

“In Thraall are halls, no deeper can be.
Where only eyes, of dwarves can see.
The dwarves dug far, with iron bars.
To seek the gold, enchanted sea’s.”

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
Divine: Grey Lady
Title: "The Watcher of Death."
Tale: A tale about who the Grey Lady is:​

During the beginning, there was life.
But constant chaos caused a strife.
Oh how the mother shed a tear
For, death of her creation is what she fear.

But in the dark, came a new
A creation that would soon come through.
A tear to the void, turn to ice
Taking form to be precise.

Such a form did not take a name
It matter not to her all the same,
She cared not, as a whole.
And immediately started to guide the soul.

She did not smile, she did not frown
She showed no hatred for the souls all around.
She was truly a sight to behold
A woman so calming, yet so cold.

Within the seven realms, is where she lie,
Her only emotion was to cry,
Sorrow is met with death so often
Seeing your loved one within a coffin.

And just like other gods, she gained some respect.
Because the souls are not one to neglect.
She truly knows that she isn't perfect,
But She doesn't let her judgment be clouded by conflict.

So who is this woman that we speak?
To many who know, their interest is pecked.
And to some, this goddess is shady.
But to her followers, she is The Grey Lady.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Divine: Jishrim
Title: The Repeating Year (2306).
Tale:
The year 2307 was lost to Altera Four: stolen by the foul God Jishrim in all his enigmatic greed for power. Upon the passing of 2306 into the year 2307, the scholars were baffled to find the stars did not align. They had, in fact, reset back in time- identical to the year before. Blessed were told and went to their Gods, asking answers.. Some confided within the Figment Know. Others simply caught rumour of what truly happened.

For reasons beyond understanding to any mortal, the year PC 2307 does not exist-- and it may never. Once the double year of 2306 passes, it may pass into 2308 instantly. Nobody truly knows. Perhaps 2307 will be returned to Alterans once the double year ends in Winterfest. Perhaps 2306 may repeat again.
The confusion has caused minor conflict and frustration. Architects cannot place 2307 on their statues. Historians simply write the year as the same. Some minds are simply confused and swear the year never passed over at all.

Jishrim stole the year. He stole time itself. No greater discord could have been expected.

((Based on /date being 2306 and repeating a year, despite the fact it should be 2307-- it was never fixed and thus made canon))

Divine: Shalherana and Sallana
Title: The Elven Realm
Tale:
Before recorded history, it is said that the Elves had a Realm of their own. Before the creation of Altera One by the Gods and Immortal Kings, Shalherana and Sallana gazed upon their own reality with such love. There was peace among Elves, their children. On days of blissful quiet, where the birds were the only music, Shalherana walked among her people through the forests and the shrines. On starry nights of distant moons, Sallana would bless couples in marriage and play wonderous mellody over the fantastical cities which raise to the void above.

It was not to last, however. Through either mortal coil or disagreement among the two, the Elven Realm was cursed with seperation. Change permanently changed the Elves and their beliefs. Wood Elves protected the forests, keeping away the Silver Elves whom would experiment with their brilliant magic. Shalherana and Sallana frowned upon their seperated peoples... and decided it was better to join the other Gods and the Immortal Kings, as to not punish their creations for their independence-- but to embrace the other races in all their differences... just as the Wood Elves and Silver Elves should.

((Based on the History lore found here))

Divine: Korog
Title: Thrud et da Aeroch [Thrud and the Sky.]
Tale:
Ûrder distar, Thrud minir fer unco diarmund. Ha spezamai, minir har tûhrrhák wakur et nikt. Livar byr Korog wurd, Korog Zûll Thrud ta wûrk a da mûrzum, hir stena fer oal tirr. Shadur eta da mûrzum, altanae ta kartar hearth, nay ghul, nay irzis, nae unco diarmund! Waroem, Thrud thynka? Korog dûrrzûs ha?

Da stena baruk: Thrud zee op. Da uncar dwargar eta Thrud ta locun ètt et zee da aeroch. Da lûnnàr laeir alta. Thrud kaen Korog gide ha dar, ta gurra op lénîd. Horud eta Thrud: uncar dwargar a magh et livar spak, nae a unco hodur Ûrder. Ha loruz da mai aeroch, fer di mnogo daram.

Under far, Thrud [was] mining for a/one diamond. He sing, swinging his pickaxe day and night. To live by Korog's word, Korog wills Thrud to work in the mine, hitting stone for all time. Dark is the mine, nothing to take home, no gold, no iron, not one diamond! Why, Thrud thought? [Did] Korog curse him?
The stone broke: Thrud look[ed] above. The first dwarf is Thrud to rise out and see the sky. The moon lit everything. Thrud realized Korog guide[ed] him there, to journey above alone. Holy is Thrud: first dwarf to walk/run and live [on] land, not in a cave below. He love[ed] the beautiful sky, for it [gave] many dreams.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Title: Little one
Tale:

Hush now, my little one
O, don’t you know-
Beware of this fallen son
creeping the dark below

Lower- Sweat, damp, dusk,
No-no, you must flee this place!
Running- beat, beat, musk,
P r e t t y face

Right, yes, of course, of course, that was strange, let me introduce well- me
Which one, questions, answers, a pit of spiders, but which one is it!
I see, I see, I see, I see, I see
There is method to my madness, though not much to admit-

Little one, why are we here, in growing despair?
Spare the dead, let the living die, what-
NO, don’t cry, that’s not fair-
Tug my strings, be my mutt

I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want this, I don’t want thi-
Smile for me, little one,
Come on,
Be vile,
Smile,
And in my warm embrace, why don’t you stay a while

Be my fallen son,
O little one

Divine: Synnove
Title: Take me to a place
Tale:

Take me to a place, heaven’s grace
White light, glory where blade flashes
Flame on rotten black, bright embrace
Ray of you through falling ashes

Take me to a place, unflinched truth
Where word is as holy as yours
Like innocence of new-born youth
Unspoilt by man’s slander and wars

Take me to a place, no, halt wait-
Help me make a place, great like you
Through my flame of heart, burning hate
Order, compassion, right and true

Grant me this will and flawless might
O please, I beg you lady light

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Title
: Pathogenesis

Tale:

How long did I search of yore?
Your blessings, your favour?
My weeping eyes could not see;
Prostrated as I was for thee.

But You came and whispered.
‘Doth thou feels it absurd,
For a slave to worship his chain,
But He who frees him is insane?’

Perhaps unwisely I mocked the Stranger,
‘Thou cannot be trusted as thy lies endanger.’
With a chuckle, You caressed, ‘Lies?
Cannot thou trust thine own eyes?’

And no longer was I in Thorne’s Cathedral;
But within the Garden, so beautiful.
Asked doth I, ‘Where am I?’
And the Stranger replied.

‘The Child’s realm where Light eternal shines,
For Truth, thou seeks and so shall find.
Where within this place I am thy guide,
And watch the many tears that fall uncried.’

Before me rose a towering throne,
Reigned by Child of Glory shown.
Crowned by Light, a holy master,
Her skin like gleaming alabaster.

So wondrous that She struck me dumb,
Still, She spoke, ‘Thou art welcome.
Walk by me and in the Garden see,
How Order becomes thy destiny.’

Row by row of endless flowers arrayed,
Whose faces see Her Light and turn away.
For how can a Man-Flower be worthy;
Of Child’s tender love or mercy?

She rips out those blemished or bent,
Their unheard screams none lament.
But still, the Stranger sees.
‘Let me heal thy miseries.’

Comes forth Her servant, the Accuser.
Clad in crosses and shining silver.
By thundering voice he declares,
‘The impure only bring despair.’

In softness, the Stranger replied.
‘None art lost or broken, only despised.
Man’s weakness is their birth,
And for this, they’re returned to the earth?’

The Accuser bleats an almighty bellow,
‘Thou leads them astray with promises hollow.
All those deaths, plagues, and chaos,
And thou claims thee art virtuous?’

‘I am a servant of man’s desires,
Should I be faulted?’ The Stranger inquires.
‘Your Order protects power and wealth;
But I advance those that Misfortune dealth.’

Child’s face is like marble stone,
Unmoved in judgement upon Her throne.
Below Her the Man-Flowers bend;
Carrying the weight of Her ascend.

Feeling their pain I turn away,
The Stranger’s shadow in my sway.
I see now as my eyes awaken.
How was I so mistaken?

Endless paths before my feet,
My task yet incomplete.
In the distance comes the rings,
That truth alone sorely brings.

The Warrior of stature tall,
Who takes the Flowers whole;
Who hammers them with vigour.
A flesh that feeds the flames of war.

Discarded limbs fall all around,
Their broken owners make no sound.
Why blame Man that wields the sword;
When a jealous god says the Word?

With that thought, my skin crawls.
A lover’s kiss that saves my soul.
Twitching rot cradles my arm,
Freeing me from lies and harm.

The Stranger gently took my hand,
‘Doth thou see and understand?’
‘Was once lost, but now made whole,’
I replied to the Stranger’s call.

---
This is a section from a holy book called Pathogenesis currently in circulation within the Stairway of Eternal Peace. This here is not the complete version, let players find that out themselves. ::] It's also extra appropriate considering the recent victory of Jishrim ;)
But, seeing the thread, I thought this would be cool to add!

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Small bump on this to get any other entries before I close it up. :) Still looking to get something for every God/Goddess!

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
If you want, I can do a sonnet for literally every god. However, Sonnets are never going to be many more than 150 words.
Small bump on this to get any other entries before I close it up. :) Still looking to get something for every God/Goddess!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've got one in the works for the grey lady! Will post as soon as I got time to write it out properly :)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Entirely up to you! I wouldn't want you to get drained by doing it.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
I have this poem written IC a while ago for Visage:
The stillness of water
Can't show one's true face
The mind of the plotter
Can seem out of place

Let all those who whisper
In your moonlight, bask
Let noble and drifter
Perform in the masque

And let us be shadows
To those who aren't yours
As we shall reveal those
Who hide behind doors

O, watcher above me
Please hearken my prayer
I praise and I thank thee
For thy knowing stare

I was gonna write a story but I 1000% procrastinated.

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
Is it fine if I double-dip and write these ICly as my char and put them in MC books as well? Would be a fun project doing one for each god. Or would these tales be more of a long-lasting-oral-tradition kind, where they're intended to have been around for quite awhile, and not necessarily something written up by any one person?

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Is it fine if I double-dip and write these ICly as my char and put them in MC books as well? Would be a fun project doing one for each god. Or would these tales be more of a long-lasting-oral-tradition kind, where they're intended to have been around for quite awhile, and not necessarily something written up by any one person.
I would love to own these as Lana, since she never writes about the Gods. I'd buy em