Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Event Request Thread II

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Retired Staff

1634593959200.png
- Event Request Thread II -

{ Month of October - December 2021 }

Hello Players,

This is the Event Request thread. Here, you can follow the format and type out a request for an event for you and your party. We want to open up the world to events again, as that helps players with their own experience and progress. However, here comes the hard part: I want to make sure that people know this is a careful process as DMs have to organize a plot, content, and schedule with the Requester before anything actually takes hold -and it could be more than a week or month before anything can happen. We’ll attempt our best, but there is no guarantee that your request will be accepted -here are the following reasons why:

-Didn’t fill out the form
-It’s too specific, or vague
-It isn’t within lore bounds
-The concept doesn’t need a whole event or arc
-It isn’t feasible
-There’s a backlog of requests and we can’t get to you anytime soon
-No DM is available

This new format may allow for more flexibility for the DM, while minimizing the chances of their burnout. There will be more focus on themes rather than a specific gain. Everything is still in trial- and if the DMs cannot keep up with the player influx of requests, we’ll go back to the drawing board.

1594398979741.png

- IN-CHARACTER BASIS -
The form also includes a section titled 'IC Basis'. This is to ensure that there is a premise for the event IC, and that you have gone through the proper channels to know about locations, or creatures, or occurrences. Random encounter events are still available, just specify your character is going from A to B and you OOCly would like them to be attacked by bandits or wendigo or something like that. This section is mostly for people actively looking for things IC.

An example of a good IC basis:
"Jackson is looking for BIG BOY STEEL and intends to find it, using the prior learned knowledge that BIG BOY STEEL is generally found in the tundras of the north. He intends to look for it in any abandoned mines that can be found among the hills and mountains of the tundra."

An example of a bad IC basis:
"I want BIG BOY STEEL and am looking for it."

1594398979741.png

- RATING & DIFFICULTY -
The DM will edit your post status and give you a rating involved. Moderate rating means the experience will be relatively tame, and may not involve a lot of risk for characters. Violent rating means the experience will involve character risk and involvement. The difficulty is specifically for those involved with the stat system: Low difficulty means you don’t require a high experience to be involved. High difficulty means those close to max stats will consider it a challenge.

This means that Violent ratings with a low experience difficulty will still bring a challenge to newer characters without setting the bar too high.

Rating: Moderate / Violent
Experience Difficulty: Low/Average/High

1594398979741.png

- EVENT LOOT -
Moving forward, there will be no guarantee or reliance in gaining artifacts or special trinkets. You may still aim for it as a goal, but our intention are to focus on story rather than loot.
Reasonable loot will be available, as well as HC items.

1594398979741.png

- RULES -
  • If you’ve put in a request, do not put in another until that first one is complete.
  • We will be valuing “community” this round. Your Arc request must affect at least one region wide base, or at least involve 5-10 players. Your regular event requests must include at least 3-4 players, even if 2 end up attending. We want to avoid players going on solo adventures as there should be risk that comes with most events players ask for, and your DM shouldn’t be focusing on 1-2 players for a 3hr event. Not unless they want to.​
  • As the Party Leader, you must make sure all your players can attend during the same time as you for at least 2-3hrs, during your availability, so that scheduling is easier on the DM. You don’t need to pick your members at request time, but once the event is accepted and set- you’re responsible for organizing who attends.​
  • Gaining special items: artifacts, trinkets- will no longer be the focus of these events. And the majority will not have any. We want to look into experience and roleplay, first and foremost.​

The following is a prompt list of potential event themes:
Adventuring, Treasure-Hunting, Lore Discovery, Hunting, Mystery, Horror, Battle.

For the time being, Event’s scope is limited to: Beasts, Flora, Supernatural, NPC interactions.
Figments & others will be tbd, unless the pitch calls for it.

Current Active Arcs:
Undawn
- Run by Ruu Darling

1594398979741.png

- THE THREAD -
Should your event be accepted, the DM or you can make a thread after discussing it, and upon this thread you and your designated party (The DM will decide if its private, or if they want to open it up a bit) should post the following with your sign up:​

Character Name: [Who is attending?]
Profile Link: [Character profile link here, please!]
Magic Link: [Magic form link]
Equipment: [The DM can ensure you have these items in game with props if required, but a simple list of what you’re bringing to this event is ideal.]

1594398979741.png

1634593940585.png

- THE FORM-

EVENT FORM
══════════════════
IC Basis: [Write up a small blurb about why your character is doing this, how they know of a certain location or beast, their motivations, etc. This part is to ensure there is a solid IC premise for the event itself.]
Overview: [This should be a rough outline of the event you are looking for. If it is a hunt, or a bandit attack, a seige, etc.]
Location: [Do you have a preference to a location, can it be anywhere, would you like it at a set region? Wilderness?]
Party Size: [Roughly how many players will be at your event? 8 or less? 3 or less? Is this a personal event with you and a friend only?]
Rating: [Would you like it to be a moderate or violent event? Peaceful events are not required to have a DM. The DM will adjust the rating if it does not match the request.]
Preferred Date/Time: [Whilst it is up to the DM to discuss specifics, a rough day and time would be good. When works for you?]

Logos by Elz

Last edited by a moderator:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
These are a series of events that I am interested in pursuing. I am happy to expand upon any of the following, I just wanted to gage what was most likely/easy to construct. I am a fan of all three. I am sure I would have Player DM's interested in such.

Ruin Puzzle
IC Basis: A ruin of sorts that has been discovered on a study journey - a series of puzzles and different exploration type event that would get the whole of Candlewood involved.
Overview: A series of puzzle-like events that would be in a dungeon type scenario. Both combat and mental puzzles in order to find an answer to a question posed at the beginning of the journey, whatever that may be/worked out. Possible loot/fun things to research at the end of the journey.
Party Size: Anywhere from 5-10, most likely.
Rating: Moderate.
Preferred Date/Time: Time will likely have to be worked out amongst DM, myself, and the team. But EST timezone preferred.

Kostadim

Legend of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
IC Basis: Recollecting the existence of Kralak's army, Branko has opted to try and locate what remains, in order to further his own agenda with the help of those he works with.
Overview: Attempting to locate the remnants of Kralak's forces, and bring them under Branko's command.
Party Size: I imagine roughly 6 players give or take
Rating: Utterly violent
Preferred Date/Time: This can be discussed with the DM TagTeamChampion

AzureKnights

Settling in Altera
Patron
AzureKnights
AzureKnights
Patron
IC Basis: A servant of the Grey Lady in the form of a Reaper recently confronted him, teaching him new abilities in order to track down and destroy idols of Skraag. One such idol was destroyed successfully, how it is said that more are spread across the land, requiring him to hunt them down.
Overview: Raelur's goal is to search for areas of unnatural undead activity that could indicate another Idol having been erected, taking a small group to clear the way and destroy the idol with his blessings. Depending on how well it goes, this can be a singular event or a small series of hunts to investigate.
Location: The location of these idols is unknown to Raelur, so their locations could vary across the whole continent.
Party Size: I'm considering allowing a party of around 3-5 people, as a smaller group is better to coordinate with and allow for combat to run at a better pace.
Rating: Definitely violent
Preferred Date/Time: As of now, weekends would work best, but I can do weekdays if they're in the afternoon. It can be deliberated further once I know who may be interested to come along.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Legend
Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Sweetheart
IC Basis: Having left Visage's grace, Ardaric and the other Apostles of the Sea wish to summon the figment Ocean. Hoping to ask of their wishes and what they want the cult to pursue.
Overview: Saling out into the open ocean, they would offer prayer and moderate sacrifice in the hopes of conjuring forth the entity.
Party Size: 2-5
Rating: Violent
Preferred Date/Time: Accomdating DM

Arcana

Daedric Prince
IC Basis: Culling of Unicorns.
Overview: The Vultures go out hunting for 1-3 Unicorns to be processed for a bounty.
Party Size: 3-6
Preferred Date/Time: TBD. During a weekday evening is a must, Mon-Thurs. (Before December 21st)

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
IC Basis: Having been invited to a party, Kam has promised to bring some exotic meat from the swamp.
Overview: Pretty simple hunting event, specifically hunting for a beast which is edible.
Party Size: Likely on the smaller side, I'll see who will show up the day of.
Preferred Date/Time: TBD (Best to plan that with DM, but before the 21st of December.)