Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Event] The Descent | 2nd May, 5PM EST

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
"Last time did not go so well, it took six people to bring down Thryss! So this time I brought an army! :D"

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Gonna have to drop out of this due to conflicting plans, best of luck to yall. If you kill Golden boy im finding you lot.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I may actually go now that it is public! I didn't realize it until after the meeting.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Aight so i actually might be making this though only for 2 hours which hopefully is plenty of time. For today's event will we need the character cards/stats?

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Post event thoughts.

Something that I believe we should all take into account is the history behind the constructs. The constructs and the event chain for them was created by Scardrac, whilst he wasn't the only person on it he knew most of the lore of the constructs (Least from what I understand). When he left he took all that information with him and has left many questions unanswered. Elz took up the task with this short event chain to answer those questions with what little information she had. A task that would be quite difficult for many as you are attempting to fill in the blanks in someone else's story which might cause some issues. However to me I feel that Elz was able to properly wrap up the story with the constructs, she introduced a deadly and quite horrific vine monster as well as skin walker thing. I wasn't there for the entire event as I had to leave here and there but despite that I still enjoyed this event and event chain. Despite this I truly believe that this event was nothing but good, I had fun with it and discovering the answers. My favourite moment of the event being when Aegis, Crucible, Flourish and Elegance all put the orb back into its place and woke up the rest of the constructs. Whatever the original plan for this storyline was going to be doesn't matter because Elz wrapped it up in a way that left me satisfied, Im not thinking about "oh how was it originally supposed to end?" I'm thinking about how well this was concluded. The only complaints that I have don't even apply to any of the dms, although I wished it stayed 10 players initially though perhaps others think differently.

To Elz and the other dms who participated in this event, I would like to say thank you for the time spent on this event. I felt that lots of care and time was spent in it and not once did i think to myself that anything was half assed. Elz and the Event team did an amazing job in circumstances that weren't so favorable to them and I do hope that others feel the same sentiment that I do.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
"We did it.."
Lana began smiling sweetly and crying happy tears. "..we ... did it..." she repeated.
-Lana in the hospital bed in Storms Landing

In this event chain, Lana connected the dots fairly early on because Dauhm visited her asking for help to free his kin.
She immediately went to Thryss with the news asking for help, myself OOCly unknowing of the Immortal in her head.
After going to the Cradle the first time on the 27th, Lana knew everyone needed to be aware of this threat. thus she refounded the Wardens of Radiant and made the event on the 1st.

Then... this event.

It was not only amazing, intense and brilliant for the new stats system-- it was new.
Never in the server's 10 years of history has something like this happened. My character will be forever moved by the sci-fi things we viewed today. She will forever have the memory and scars of climbing out of that containment facility with broken ribs, little bit by little bit, straight out of an action film. The best part about this whole event is: everyone was a main character. Everyone changed the event through their actions.

I think as part of Lana's backstory section, I shall write this event as the end of a character arc. She will not come out of this the same.

Thank you so much for everything :heart:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I had fun, I am happy people were able to be healed right on site and then moved to another place as well. The_VALKYRIE Could not attend with us, But having her there at the end was a relief.

The atmosphere crisp.
The lore tasty
The injuries quite real.

It was crowded too, So I had to sit back and consider the implications IC of what it would be like to cast in a crowded energy-filled ship on it's dying breath
(Hint: Outlook not good.)

Thank you To all the DMs who worked on this. Including the final build.

Zoslore

Note-Taker
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
Fantastic stuff- I was only present for the final event of the chain but the gravity was fantastic. The atmosphere was great, the DMs did a fantastic job managing so many people, and things felt a bit grimdark in the containment unit which was awesome. Always happy to see that sort of thing! I think that you all did a great job working with leftover lore- honestly a super memorable event, and I wasn't even as involved as others. :heart:

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
There's only one word to describe this 5-hour long event. Wow
In the 2 and a half hours I was able to play, I was really having fun

DMs, this was amazing. Thank you