Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Also- Will road placement costs be cheaper, since this map is that much larger?
Thaaat is a good point, it's been added to a checklist of things to go over and consider now. Will make a note to expand on the answer when we've gone over it. *
Adding to that. Will currently purchased roads (or the payments for them) be carried over to the new world? I can imagine people who recently paid for roads can be a bit bummed when they have to buy roads in the new map, having not even used the current ones?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Adding to that. Will currently purchased roads (or the payments for them) be carried over to the new world? I can imagine people who recently paid for roads can be a bit bummed when they have to buy roads in the new map, having not even used the current ones?
To be fair no one uses roads anyway. They're just cosmetic really.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
If I buy noble now, will that title be transferred over to the new world? If not, will it cost more there? Will regions cost more? Plots?

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Will there be an event chain to switch worlds on top of the at least 3+ events we have left in the campaign?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Will there be an event chain to switch worlds on top of the at least 3+ events we have left in the campaign?
When I asked privately, I was told this is and apparently always was the chain that would boot us into the new world.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
It'll depend on the number of people available to move builds and the number of people actually wanting to move said builds.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
If I buy noble now, will that title be transferred over to the new world? If not, will it cost more there? Will regions cost more? Plots?
There's a new noble system in play, but it'll all be balanced with our current one. If you're worried about buying it now and feeling cheated on the next, don't be. I can't give all the details on what it'll be like but it's just for the sake of it being more 'useful' that it is now.

I'd also like to make a note that the map will still be opening in July for RP if we can, but if not, at least to get region transfers and claims underway, no matter the state of the campaign. And that we'll be posting the guide on region transfers and refunds in the next day.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
There's a new noble system in play, but it'll all be balanced with our current one. If you're worried about buying it now and feeling cheated on the next, don't be. I can't give all the details on what it'll be like but it's just for the sake of it being more 'useful' that it is now.

I'd also like to make a note that the map will still be opening in July for RP if we can, but if not, at least to get region transfers and claims underway, no matter the state of the campaign. And that we'll be posting the guide on region transfers and refunds in the next day.
But... immersion.

Like, uh.

Just going ahead with it, without interluding?

Why?

Every single map transition we have previously done has been carefully staged to keep with lore and immersion and at least somewhat make sense as best we could.

How the hell do region transfers just... happening OOC... how does that make sense, or maintain immersion, or in any way be justified at all?

And if that IS the plan, can we just skip the rest of the campaign? Because if literally all player agency is going to be made pointless like that, I don't want to sit through any of it.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Claiming regions and sorting money and all that fun stuff, with WE's, isn't really IRP and so shouldn't affect immersion. We're not going to throw people there and hope they can get on with RP.
As for the rest, I'm sure it'll be addressed. I didn't' say what I said to stir more unease.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
No but the map reveal itself one would assume is accounted for in the current campaign meant to reveal a new map and get people coming there.

World Edit Copying a city is undeniably an IC & OOC act, and if suddenly something moves to another freaking part of the planet with no justification, it renders 2+ years of making things immersive pointless.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
No but the map reveal itself one would assume is accounted for in the current campaign meant to reveal a new map and get people coming there.

World Edit Copying a city is undeniably an IC & OOC act, and if suddenly something moves to another freaking part of the planet with no justification, it renders 2+ years of making things immersive pointless.
Blueprints exists.. I've said this before. There's really nothing to worry about. If towns pop up like that, they probably had blueprints to build it in the first place. This is just my two cents on it. I don't think it's wholly breaking immersion.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Blueprints exists.. I've said this before. There's really nothing to worry about. If towns pop up like that, they probably had blueprints to build it in the first place. This is just my two cents on it. I don't think it's wholly breaking immersion.
Justifies buildings (And in fact I've not heard 'Architectural Plans' before. I consider that a /great/ justification, btw) but, and it's a pretty big but, not terrain.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Justifies buildings (And in fact I've not heard 'Architectural Plans' before. I consider that a /great/ justification, btw) but, and it's a pretty big but, not terrain.
I'm not too sure on major terrain shifting, but I do know that minor shifting can be excused with "the buildings needed proper foundations" and whatnot. I find as long as it looks natural enough, it shouldn't be too big an issue.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm not too sure on major terrain shifting, but I do know that minor shifting can be excused with "the buildings needed proper foundations" and whatnot. I find as long as it looks natural enough, it shouldn't be too big an issue.
Yeah, what's more problematic is stuff like "Copying the entire HR island chain"

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Half of the cities in Altera right now look like crap, really. Only a few that such as Riseport and Tambry (as they are huge, amazingly built. and have an active player base) in my opinion, should be able to me WE'd over. If people just snap their fingers and, poof, a city is there, there is no IC work put into it and it will end up splitting the player base in the new world right away. I know that a lot of people have invested time and rads into their cities, but a. people are getting refunded and b. that is something that you have to deal with when you purchase a region. It isn't anyone's fault that we need a new world, so it is hardly 'unfair' to people that currently have cities and want to WE them to the new world.

To be honest, as long as there was a decent spawn area in the new world (yikes, is there going to be? I mean an area like Port Silver or even the Crossroads) I am sure that most of us can be patient and slowly WE builds into the new world one by one and slowly, as if construction were occurring like it normally would. This could finish the issue that people have with immersion, and if cities were tweaked to the new landscape it would be safe to assume that people just brought blueprints and changed them as needed to their new regions.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Yeah, what's more problematic is stuff like "Copying the entire HR island chain"
"Wow. Look at that. That island chain looks almost exactly like the one we had back home. Lets rebuild here." Since no RP will be happening before the region transfers it can be hand waved away with "It was found like this originally. We rebuilt the place. Crazy coincidence huh? But hey look that child just went from newborn to 30 in 7 months spooky. WOW"

Last edited: