Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Flying machines?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I didn't like the fact that airships were becoming the main way to get around to every single town, also, it doesn't feel medieval.

Anyway, the ships were removed yes, I'm aware of them still being in the lore, and even Warwolf still has his ship crashed on his island. But as Morgan stated earlier, we believe creating these small flying machines would cause more trouble than good.

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
Ah, fair enough, so they've been replaced with Stablemasters. I'd still like an interesting invention in my workshop though, mind if I keep rattling off a ideas here? Or should I make a new thread for each?

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
I was of the understanding that airships existed but didn't work due to high wind speeds? Is this no longer the case? That's just what most people said in game. :D
Just the thoughts of a none-lore person trying to justify crashing a ship. It had something to do with the wind, I thought it was the atmosphere dragging them down but I guess I was wrong.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Just the thoughts of a none-lore person trying to justify crashing a ship. It had something to do with the wind, I thought it was the atmosphere dragging them down but I guess I was wrong.
Something something something. *takes knowledge of fluid dynamics and goes to corner*