Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Garnet: Of Equines and Elves

Garney

Legend of Altera
Name: Garnet Belial

Nickname/Alias: Garney
Age: unknown precisely, but appears to be in her 30s by human reckoning

Height: 5'3" - no, not very tall at all
Weight: 160 lbs - forgive the US measure
Hair: A fiery mix of red, orange, and yellow - why yes, she is a ginger, shush you
Eyes: bright red.
Skin: Quite the pale fleshtone - sure she's outdoors plenty, but she burns rather than tans.
Identifying Marks: Besides the hooves, horn, fur, and tufted tail, not much really *snicker*

Appearance: Poor Garney seems to be a creature stuck somewhere between equine and elvish, or perhaps some strange cousin to a faun, she's not entirely sure. Even when fully unclothed, Garnet is covered in a soft white fur over her torso, complete with tufted tail. Similar to a draft horse, her cloven hooves are nearly obscured by thick feathering. However, there is certainly no obscuring the golden horn rising from her head. Her heart shaped face gives accent to her expressive eyes, framed by her long pointed ears and waves of fiery hair.

Personality: Garnet believes in actions over words, often expressing herself in her quiet service to others. This also suits her shy nature and insecurities over not knowing her own origins. Not striking up a conversation with a stranger avoids many of those awkward questions she can't answer.
More often than not, Garnet prefers the company of animals and nature rather than people, particularly horses. Towns of any significant size cause her anxiety if she remains there for too long.

Skills: Though hardly a skill, Garnet has quite the affinity with animals, which sometimes approaches the ability to speak to them. However, sometimes this is just the clever reading of body language.
The two actual skills she does possess she refuses to flaunt and will hardly mention. Through years of practice she has become proficient with a bow, though she is something of a pacifist and would rather avoid a fight with another intelligent being. Her second skill is a rather untamed ability to light fires. Since this is a destructive skill with few peaceful or productive applications, she hasn't bothered to train it up.

Garney

Legend of Altera
History

The Year of the Dragon
Much of her childhood shrouded in mystery and muddled memories, Garnet came into womanhood through a trial of fire. Her first clear memory is that of a village burning and the human inhabitants blaming her for the tragedy. Sentenced to death for the crime of witchcraft, Garnet was prepared to accept her punishment for what she assumed was her own doing.
However, someone else would not have this.
He swept through the angry crowd like a dark blade, stealing away the accused to a safe location. The man called himself Draco Belial, an ancient demon living quietly among humankind in the twilight of his existence. He had taken an interest in her, his will to live renewed, inspired by her vitality and love of life.
Her love also overtook him. Garnet spent many years with Draco, first as his student in a variety of disciplines, and finally as life partners.

The Year of the Horse
Though she had found love and a lifelong companion in Draco, the questions about her past haunted Garnet. She set off into the world in search of answers.
What she came upon, quite by accident, was an island populated entirely by strange equines. These creatures spoke a language she understood as if by instinct, and suddenly she felt as if she had come home.
Tragedy once again followed. The island was torn apart by a great cataclysm of warring powers, and Garnet did what she could to help the survivors find a new home in another land.
Given the similarities between herself and these equines, it was undeniable that Garnet was at least in part one of them. However, the question remained of the other part. Stories had been passed from generation to generation among them as to the origin of her particular two-legged kind, though most of them had moved on, returning to the lands of other two-legged beings.
Torn, Garnet made the difficult decision to move on as well in search of others like her. She had found answers to many of her questions, but many more still remained.

Garney

Legend of Altera
Journal

Day of Landing

Today I arrived in a city known as Port Silver, in the land of Altera. I have heard that there are elves inhabiting areas of this land, so I ventured here in search of them. In truth, I am in search of my past. For many months I have wandered from one rumor to the next, searching for anyone who might know of my kind.

Honestly, I have been to so many of these lands that the hope is growing smaller with each new venture. For the most part I now travel to experience the beauty and richness of other people, and learn of the wider world. Though in my heart remains that smallest bit of hope that someday I will come across someone else like myself.

Certainly I can not possibly be the only one of my kind. If my time with the equines who called themselves the FaeKind taught me anything, it was that there is at least one place for me in creation. Draco, as well, will always accept me. This self seeking journey I have embarked on is entirely of my own choosing, I do not need the validation that finding others would bring. That is of course not to say I would not like it.

This land is at least unique even if it does not provide the answers I am looking for. However, this Port Silver is far too large for me, and I must strike out into the wilderness in search of this Elf town.

Night of Surprises

Upon taking shelter in a forest south of Port Silver, I discovered that this land is populated with wild creatures that are rather hostile! Completely unprepared for this I had to bury myself in a hole in the ground until daylight.

Thankfully the sun’s bright rays destroy most of these creatures, and the large spiders that remain are quite friendly during the day. Strange how they get aggressive at night. Perhaps they are just afraid of the dark.

The worst ones by far are the green fellows who walk about on four stubby feet and hiss a brief warning before exploding! I will certainly have to avoid those fellows, there is simply no reasoning with them.

Garney

Legend of Altera
Another Dragon

My journey south has taken several days and I have not yet reached the Elf town. Each night I tuck myself away in a cavern or dug out hole to avoid the creatures who emerge from the darkness. The forests here are not safe at night, and I do not have the means to travel by water. Thankfully I found that there are tasty mushrooms growing wild that are perfectly edible and do wonders for restoring my strength.

While wondering at this marvelous natural bridge formation, the first inhabitant I have yet seen appeared. He goes by the name of Alpha and he offered me passage to his town. Though nervous, I thanked him for the kind invitation, but declined on account of wanting to find my own way. After all, I have already come this far in search of one destination. Perhaps another time I will visit the home of this dragon man, he intrigues me - if only because of the nature of my love, Draco. I have no shame in admitting that.

Arrival in Aeg… Aegel… something onion

Ah! How lovely! I thought for certain I would have to spend another night in some dark hole, but just as the sun was beginning to sink I came upon the Elf town!

It truly is a lovely sight. I can tell just by looking that these beings respect the land and care for it deeply. They are careful in their town planning and leave many open spaces for lush gardens and waterways. There is just the perfect mix of refined civilization versus the comfort of natural beauty.

The Queen has a stable. I admire this royal already.

As I sit here and pen this, I have decided that I shall not take up residence in this town. However, I do need a place to settle in this land. My journey has been long already and I feel quite comfortable here. There can be no harm in making a home for myself as I get to know the inhabitants.

When dawn breaks I will scout around the outskirts of the town for a suitable location. For the sake of formality I plan on leaving a request with the Queen to settle in the area, though not in the town itself. I do hope she understands that while I may not be of this land, surely my appearance is close enough to her people. The types of elf who dwell here, I have heard, are varied anyway. Perhaps there are even others as strange as myself, if not exactly of my kind.

Garney

Legend of Altera
Construction Begins

Beginning with a small garden and orchard, I am slowly constructing a home east of Aeglironion, with permission from Queen Squeenalameen. Yes, she has a rather unusual name, but I am not about to insult royalty.

Apparently the dragon man named Alpha I met along my journey has a home in the town! That seems rather fateful. I have spoken to him since then and he is a rather nice fellow.

The town itself is small and quiet. It appears most of the residents are away at the moment. This is fine with me, I would rather they not see my house in its current state, it is a mess! A great deal of the surrounding landscape needs work so I can have proper pasture land, as well as materials to build my house.

I have decided on a simple one bedroom house, nothing too very fancy, with more focus on the exterior with a gazebo and a garden. I would rather spend more of my time outside anyway, despite the creatures that come with the darkness.

The land I have chosen is nestled between three large hills, one separating me from the town. There are also two waterways bordering the place I am going to call home, so perhaps I can construct a boat for myself. That is for the future though, for the moment I need a roof over my head!

Home Sweet Home

Though I am still displeased with the state of my chimneys, my house is completed. It is no grand thing, just a kitchen, dining and sitting room with a loft style bedroom overlooking it all. I spent far more time landscaping and arranging the gardens outside, including two lovely ponds and a path to town lined with hedges and trees.

Alpha has helped more than a few times, as well as a couple of his friends. These men are wonderful for the most part, but all the company has me feeling a bit self-conscious and nervous. Perhaps a walkabout is in order, to clear my head.

One of these men, Fr3aked, is someone I have met earlier in my travels. He is a wonderfully giving man who understands that sometimes you just need your own space and quiet. Perhaps I will venture out to visit his home since he was so kind as to come see mine. Yes, I do believe I will set out to the northwest soon.

Perhaps it is strange to leave so soon after completing my house, but it just does not feel like home yet. I do not know, perhaps I was wrong to think this town was the right place for me. I need some time to think it over.

Garney

Legend of Altera
Many Days of Walkabout

I am undertaking a long journey through the land to see if perhaps my experiences with the inhabitants are a localized incident. It almost feels as though it is some sort of rite of passage, a hazing of newcomers. It is understandable given how remote Aeglironion is; these elves like their privacy and that is something I can respect.

Setting off to the northwest I was met by my friend Fr3aked. He is a shy, bearded fellow who has great skill in building massive structures, and he wishes to show me his latest project. It is apparently a city of some nature, so I am not sure how comfortable I will be there, but at least I can appreciate it from an aesthetic point of view.

The city is called Meridianus Aegnum. Thus far it has a lovely cathedral, a market, a theater, and only a few various other buildings. While a farcry from the wilds I find beautiful, I can still appreciate the care and effort that went into these stones and paved roads. Clearly Fr3aked is a man who is very compassionate about his artistry. I’m almost tempted to help him build here, but the walls feel too much like a cage, and I feel compelled to move on.

Travelling northward for many days I passed by several settlements of interest, marveling at the beautiful structures, but meeting few inhabitants. Even returning to Port Silver I only met one person, and that was just briefly as he was in a hurry.

Another several towns visited and another quick encounter, this time just outside a city with red brick roads. This is by far the most impressive town I have seen thus far. Shame I can not enter the castle to marvel at its architecture, the outside is simply breathtaking.

Home is calling me, however, and it is a fairly straightforward journey south. I think I have seen enough of these lands to say that there is indeed beauty to be found here, perhaps I will give it another chance.

camopheonyx2011

Lord of Altera
well my friend, Camri the dark elf welcomes you to Aeg. I regret however that my journeys have led me in search of artifacts elsewhere but i shall return soon hopefully. If we do indeed meet it shall be a pleasure to assist you in any way that i can.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
The biggest necro I seen in a while, last post was in August last year, this thread is nearing its first Birthday! :eek: