Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Generators and continious redstone contraptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

I would like to remind everyone that generators and continious redstone contraptions are NOT allowed ! We have been experiencing lag recently and I found several such contraptions on the server. It's very taxing on the server.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Anyone knowingly and repeatedly breaking this rule and building these structures may face removal from the server until a time where they can learn. They are not needed for anything other than for show and they cause strain on the server.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
OK i have an obsidian farm, it uses lava to fall onto redstone that is touching water. It cant be on all the time, and only can create four at a time.
I am unsure if this is considered a generator. If it is i will dismantle it immediately

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
OK. also sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasnt sure becuase it changes redstone into obsid rather than a cobble one which just makes it.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
wait... falling lava can make obsidian if combined with redstone? making obsidian a renewable resource?
... awesome.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Gaby but it is considered a generator and building one now agaisnt the rules may get you banned.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
but... if you pour water onto still lava, it makes obsidian, but destroys the non-renewable lava tile. if you try to fix that problem by mixing moving water and moving lava, it makes cobblestone. it pretty much means that obsidian generators are impossible. which means that legion did the impossible. which is awesome. it's like when this dude on youtube made a ball of tnt big enough to blow a hole through the bedrock. (bedrock is not supposed to break at all by virtue of the programming, the devs said) impossible. and awesome.

... never mind, the redstone thing is an ascended bug, and not impossible at all.
still trying this out in ssp so I don't break rules.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
you can easily create obsidian generators in a few ways, we are just telling you not to do it on the server

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Oh also that guy on youtube did not break bedrock. It was a glitch in his game where the bedrock layer did not generate perfectly and so there was a hole in it. I have seen this in my own ssp games.
Tnt has a blast force of 4. a block adjaceant to tnt must have more then four blast resistance to survive. 1 pace away is 3 2 is 2 and 3 is 1. Tnt breaks a block when its blast force number either matches or excedes the blast resistance number
Bedrock has a blast resistance of negative 1. Therefore it is impossible to do this. if the entire world was tnt then it still wldnt work.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Not seen the video but im guessing he either just removed the bedrock and covered the hole in tnt (Can be masked by marking the bedrock, placing the tnt then removing the bedrock after to make it look like the explosion did it) but as far as breaking bedrock with tnt, it's impossible to break bedrock with any amount.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
he built a huge ball of tnt at surface level. a hell of a lag later, there was a huge hole in the middle of the ocean where the tnt was. he went all the way down to the bottom of the hole where he discovered, to his surprise, a hole in the bedrock.
I have no clue how that happened, and I suspect, neither did he.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I suspect either his game glitched or he set it up to seem like he had done something seemingly impossible. Bedrock and only be destroyed with worldedit type mods (world edit remove/set/replace commands or superpick)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
gaby like i said in my previous post. If tnt is more than 4 blocks away from a block, it has no efect. Otherwise a creeper wld blow up the whole world.
It is a glitch or a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.