Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

GEOFFdaBLDER777's Application [Approved Bartooliinii]

CJ S.

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

GEOFFdaBLDER777

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States!

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yup! I'm all set.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is basically having one's character know things they shouldn't, but that the player does. Doesn't make sense, not fair either. Powergaming is pretty varied, like an OP suphero-esque fighter, or a character that tells others what happens to them for them. "Fighter punches Ranger in the nose, instantly knocking them out and dropping their weapon." Or powergaming can be having an excuse for extra uncharacteristic ablilities, like having a generic rogue friend that gives them money or intel.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Shao!

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name's CJ, I'm really into D&D, other video games, Drawing, Singing, writing and sleeping! I'm into a little bit of every genre of music, and recently I've been listening to the Deltarune OST. I'm a big, broad guy, but I like to believe I live up to the Gentle Giant archetype. I like making friends and telling stories together (There's the D&D again). My favorite Fantasy classes would probably be Bards, followed by Monks and Druids. I'm not in college at the moment, I ended up taking a few years to work, but I'll probably be taking a few classes in the fall.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I could send a few drawings, but I'm filling this out at work since we're already done with everything for the day here. I'm sure I'll be uploading artwork from time to time. I have a pretty average ability and a cartoonish art style. Best parallel would be Pokemon, I learned drawing them before I got decent at drawing people.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
My dear friend Ellievator got me really intrigued in joining!

Character Name:
Daerion Hollowglade
Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Hair - Dark Brown, long and matted
Eyes - Bright Green
Skin - Copper-Tan
Build - Lanky, lean and muscular. He usually ambles around on all-fours, but will stand when needed.
Wears a single green sash, leather bag with a strap, and a loincloth. He wears his pet snake, Ivy, as a scarf. (Ivy won't be used for anything in-game other than Daerion's clothing and flavor dialogue.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I'll be making it tonight!

Written Test!
A pair of Forest Elves, Aywen and Shalron, living alone in the Northern Forests were in celebration of the arrival of their newborn son, Daerion. He quickly grew into a rambunctious little child, always bringing a new critter to their treehouse every week. His parents trained him to move like the beasts he loved so much: Climbing and foraging like the bears, swimming like the otters and when he tried to fly like the bats and birds, his parents had to put up with an inconsolable child's tantrum, unable to grasp why he couldn't fly too. As he grew older, his parents saw he was more comfortable ambling around like the bear cubs he always would study. When Daerion was 8, his parents came upon their son, three bear cubs and the mother bear all sharing food Daerion had found. This was the event that showed the parents that their son was not cut from the exact cloth as they were. Shalron defied this, and instilled a basic training regimen involving combat with a staff, making sure his son could defend himself should he ever need to. His mother, seeing this deep connection with wildlife, taught Daerion the values and rules of worshiping Shalherana, and he took to the rules of nature seamlessly. After years of kindness and hospitality, some of the animals living near the Hollowglade treehouse grew to trust the family, and the home became a bit of a wildlife sanctuary. Young Daerion developed a routine over time, that he kept through his teenage years. Mornings were for swimming, checking on the rivers and lakes nearby and catching fish for food and thanking Shalherana for her bounty. Mid-day was for exploring, learning more of his territory and making sure anything out-of-place was fixed and taken care of. Evenings and nights were spent among the treetops, making thatched hammocks and meeting arboreal species once he discovered nocturnal creatures. At 17, Daerion found a small green snake caught being chased by a group of chittering squirrels. After shooing them off, he saw the snake was hurt and missing an eye. He took pity on the snake and decided to be its protector. He named the snake Ivy, and the snake seemed to understand that it was not going anywhere if Daerion could help it. They formed a close bond, and before long, Ivy began to grow, and found it most comfortable to coil around her master's neck. Due to missing an eye, she was not a combative creature, but a source of comfort for her companion. The pair became synonymous to the family.Finally, at 23, Daerion began getting restless in the territory he grew to know so well. His parents decided to begin telling stories of the world outside the forest, and their son became enamored. He learned of the Caparii, the other types of Elves, Humans, and Dwarves, and he managed to pick up the common tongue quite quickly. Hearing about the recent blood moons and falling stars, Daerion couldn't take it anymore. He and Ivy would be setting off to the outside world, to start their own journey, as his parents did before him.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey CJ!
It was really great to read a story that is a bit different than the usual thing. It was great to see how you incorporated the recent happenings in Altera. Be aware that most RP revolves around simple mingling of people and dialogue, so a piece of advice would be to see how accepted it would be for a forest elf to go through a sophisticated town on all fours in a loin cloth. That said, I think you'll probably find out soon enough if you RolePlay a couple of times and you can always adjust things slightly after starting a fresh new character.
I really like your idea of having a snake pet. I think it's very original and I don't see any problem with that at all, since snake charmers and circus people have done the same for a long time!

So without further ado: Welcome to HollowWorld!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.