Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Giant Crab

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

1624122676043.png
[ ART CREDIT - Elz ]
1603294233713.png

- GIANT CRAB -

"The seas are not immune to the assailants of their pincers."
-=[]=-
[ Free to be used in Events ]

H A B I T A T
They can be found around any seaside, tropical or warm. It's rare to see them in the icy north, but some have still been spotted in deeper oceans.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
The Giant Crabs have thick, sturdy shells on top that are 4.5ft wide, and are usually a mottled brown and gray in coloration. Some crabs that dwell in deeper waters have a blueish hue for better camouflage from larger predators. The shells themselves tend to have spiky ridges and bumps to deter larger aquatic life from trying to crack its shell, or even to deter birds or creatures near the beaches from getting too close. Females are almost entirely muddy brown and have a somewhat smaller body than the males. On average, they weigh around 40lbs, although heavier variants have been found where there is more food for them to find. The Giant Crab has eight legs and two massive claws, as well as two beady eye stalks at its front.​
Diet: Small seabugs, insects and plankton are their diets.​
Lifespan: Typically, the crabs can live for 50-60 years, although it is possible that a lucky few could reach 100 years or more.​

B E H A V I O U R
Known mostly by their attacks or fleeing onto the ships that passed the sea of storms, they’re hard shelled, fierce, and hard to kill. While they do have their weaknesses, they can cause real damage with their pincers if they get close enough. They’re at home in the sea, and while they can be found in shallower water, they are most at home in the deep ocean, and therefore not often seen on land.​
Their abnormally massive size can be attributed to the nutrient rich kelp, algae, and fungi unique to the seas around the central continent. Over time, their hearty and omnivorous diet enabled massive growth in species that dwarfed the previously known crab of the Northern Kingdoms. Their claws have grown to a proportional size, allowing them to break open the giant clams that dwell in shallower waters.​
The crabs possess a solitary scavenger’s instinct and rarely act aggressively unless threatened or hungry. Instead, their rare sojourns on shores and in shallow waters consist of the crabs combing the sand for any morsels of food they can find. If prodded or approached, the crabs may lift their enormous claws in a threatening display, at which point the crab may try to flee or attempt to gouge and pinch predators. Due to their size, being caught in a giant crab’s claw could mean a crushed bone, or worse, for the foolhardy animal.​

A B I L I T I E S
[Claw Attack]​

W E A K N E S S E S
They're particularly troubled by fire and heavy blunt weapons.​

Y I E L D S
[Giant Crab Meat]​
[Exoskeleton]​

Original Writeup: Elz

1632613622461.png

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer