Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Grand Opening of the Praelidium Coliseum

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
Posters are placed at all taverns by messengers of Ursae and personal invitations will be handed to royalty of important Houses (aka those I know of and can arrange an rp with) by the Jarl herself in character.
Come one! Come all!
A grand tournament for all to attend and compete!
Praelidium is proud to announce the opening of their grand coliseum. In honor of the occasion, a grand tournament is to held. All Houses are invited and encouraged to attend. Prizes will be awarded the winners of each game. Five games will be placed in the tournament and will be as followed.

Wrestling
Armed Combat
Horseback Combat
Archery
Jousting

The Prizes for individual games will be as followed

1st place: A sum of five hundred radiants
2nd place: A sum of two hundred and fifty radiants
3rd: A sum of one hundred radiants

The Prize for the Tournament overall will be as followed

1st place: Two thousand five hundred radiants and a white thoroughbred horse, complete with breeding papers
2nd place: Two thousand radiants
3rd place: One thousand radiants

Following the tournament will be a grand feast in honor of the victors.
OOC Info:

Date and Time: June 18 12 pm MST

This is, hopefully, a peaceful event, other than the obvious games of violence. It is also, obviously, quite public for anyone who makes the journey.

@Woolsey @solus @Antilogy @SallyPirate @Jstar @Fraser028 @Faelin @UmbraSicarius @Kyle1322 @Somnastra @Deash12 @Shibuikitsune @IceandFire @Raith @Tybalt @Scardrac
If I missed any nobles/royalty please tell me so I can feel silly.

Last edited:

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
Pad. Or Loup. Hmmmmm... Pfft neither were invited, oh welll.
I'm certain it's an open event. The ones tagged were important people who help with regions.

@Delta_61251 , Right?
Yes, all are invited to attend, I just tagged those who help/own/whatever with regions.

It's rp combat.

Are there any specifics on /how/ the games will be conducted?
That will be said during the tournament, but, yes I will have a fair solution. Fair, being success according to character skill with some chance in it.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Yes, all are invited to attend, I just tagged those who help/own/whatever with regions.

It's rp combat.

That will be said during the tournament, but, yes I will have a fair solution. Fair, being success according to character skill with some chance in it.
I probably won't attend because I got better things to do than sit around for a 3-4 hour fight.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I sadly agree with Barbarian, this is a absolutely great idea but watching an RP fight for 3-4 hours isn't my idea of fun

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
I sadly agree with Barbarian, this is a absolutely great idea but watching an RP fight for 3-4 hours isn't my idea of fun
I probably won't attend because I got better things to do than sit around for a 3-4 hour fight.
Sword fighting, as well as other combat scenes, will be kept in check with a referee and there will be several matches going at once other than in jousting, each having a chat of their own so that they don't confuse each other. I've taken the length of the sword fights into consideration. This event is still likely to be a /very/ lengthy one because of the nature of a tournament and rp fighting, so I can see your points.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Sword fighting, as well as other combat scenes, will be kept in check with a referee and there will be several matches going at once other than in jousting, each having a chat of their own so that they don't confuse each other. I've taken the length of the sword fights into consideration. This event is still likely to be a /very/ lengthy one because of the nature of a tournament and rp fighting, so I can see your points.
I've been in RP fights with referees and it only makes the conversation lengthier.

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
Do note that the event will likely be a very long one, as rp sword fighting can take a while and it is not the only event. I may split the event into two days so more people can attend. I will try to make it at a time most people can attend, like a weekend, though with summer break, that may be a pointless endeavor.