Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hair dyes in the world of altera?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Anyone know? I would settle for the means of making it white/blonde.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
My RL hair is blonde beneath the top layers, I go into the barbershop and leave with it being shades lighter so i guess I could say I got a hair cut?

*shrug*

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
We certainly have dyes for wools and clay- I would assume they'd work to some degree on our hair. Just don't get it in your eyes!

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
We certainly have dyes for wools and clay- I would assume they'd work to some degree on our hair. Just don't get it in your eyes!
The materials for dyes have been around for a loooooong time... I just don't think medieval people thought "I want electric-blue hair!" at any point.
I'd say go ahead with dying it, just don't do it a silly colour.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
The materials for dyes have been around for a loooooong time... I just don't think medieval people thought "I want electric-blue hair!" at any point.
Kinda want Therry to have super fabulous rainbow hair just to spite everyone.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
thanks for your good point, I agree with you solid colors only, nothing silly or that would seem out of place.

Has anyone dyed their hair in Altera before?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Actually, in Elizabethan England prostitutes typically dyed their hair blue or some other bright color - it advertised both their profession and attracted attention.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Actually, in Elizabethan England prostitutes typically dyed their hair blue or some other bright color - it advertised both their profession and attracted attention.
I heard that women who committed adultery were forced to dye their hair scarlet-red, or something like that, to symbolize the fact they committed adultery? Not sure on the validity there.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I heard that women who committed adultery were forced to dye their hair scarlet-red, or something like that, to symbolize the fact they committed adultery? Not sure on the validity there.
In certain puritan communities yes, this was supposedly a thing

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
thanks for your good point, I agree with you solid colors only, nothing silly or that would seem out of place.

Has anyone dyed their hair in Altera before?
Didn't Leminth?