Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Half-Life is in the air...

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Since I am the one that sneakily tries to survive off Black Mesa Source forums, I thought I should be the one posting this thread. And, as title may suggest, the news only get better

That's right! Black Mesa's ModDB page has been updated followed by "The 20,000 Facebook likes challenge". Over 12,000 people liked Black Mesa on Facebook within 3 days. This means that Black Mesa is officially entering the marketing stage. They are very close to completion and the game shall soon be released! The hype is absolutely amazing right now. I can't wait to revisit Black Mesa Research Facility, wield my crowbar once more. Set out on an epic adventure that started the FPS franchise for good. If you never played Half-life, not only should you not consider yourself a gamer, but also you will get a chance to play this great game for free with amazing graphics.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa/news/a-red-letter-day1
This is the ModDB page.
http://blackmesasource.com/
And that's the forums of the mod.

But, as usual, I want to know answers. What mission you look the most forward to? What parts will you try to bypass completely (if any). How much more amazing/ worse will the game be with the support of Havoc physics?

I know for a fact that I will try my best not to cheat, and my favourite part will surely be the very first chapter, seeing how people communicate between each other. The physics can just make it better for me and I would love to see the reaction of the community of Black Mesa forums I am part of.
But, let's hear some answers!

Verahawk

Loyal Servant of Altera
Since I am the one that sneakily tries to survive off Black Mesa Source forums, I thought I should be the one posting this thread. And, as title may suggest, the news only get better

That's right! Black Mesa's ModDB page has been updated followed by "The 20,000 Facebook likes challenge". Over 12,000 people liked Black Mesa on Facebook within 3 days. This means that Black Mesa is officially entering the marketing stage. They are very close to completion and the game shall soon be released! The hype is absolutely amazing right now. I can't wait to revisit Black Mesa Research Facility, wield my crowbar once more. Set out on an epic adventure that started the FPS franchise for good. If you never played Half-life, not only should you not consider yourself a gamer, but also you will get a chance to play this great game for free with amazing graphics.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa/news/a-red-letter-day1
This is the ModDB page.
http://blackmesasource.com/
And that's the forums of the mod.

But, as usual, I want to know answers. What mission you look the most forward to? What parts will you try to bypass completely (if any). How much more amazing/ worse will the game be with the support of Havoc physics?

I know for a fact that I will try my best not to cheat, and my favourite part will surely be the very first chapter, seeing how people communicate between each other. The physics can just make it better for me and I would love to see the reaction of the community of Black Mesa forums I am part of.
But, let's hear some answers!
I stalked the forums for a while but after no updates for around a month I dropped it. Nice to see things are happening! I remember playing half life 1 as a small kid :3 It set me off as a gamer and I loved it. I'm extremely buzzed for this and ... and ... *Explodes*

Aside from nostalgia, this was the start (In my opinion) of one of the biggest steps in game history. This introduced a storyline that was interactive like no other game could match. A story arc across the original Half-Life series that always had something new and exciting in store and created gaming Icons, such as the crowbar, the head-crab and Gordon himself. This game is truly stuff of legend, and if this recreation stands up to even half of what the original was, I'm happy.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Well... You have to be very, very careful with black mesa forums... These guys are extremely unforgiving. Finding any information about the development is like going off to finding diamonds. However, I was patient enough to find at least 3 threads (Except the ones that get spammed out and killed by people "Oh, this thread again")
Also, I agree about the second paragraph. This is why I look forward to the game's remake. It seems absolutely gorgeous and I simply can't wait to see the interactions between AI