Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Heroes of Altera

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Good Evening Everyone;

So recently my character Victor has been moved into a new home with quite a bit of space, being the odd child he is, he would like to add art to the entrance (Yes, his family is quite rich) and I have three spaces for statues. Now, the point of this thread is to hear from some of you old players from the time of the server when I wasn't around. I want to hear about the heroes of Altera and if I like the story, I will make one of the statues out to that character.

I'm looking for details of lore and fun bits of history, so instead of just having blank statues with various poses, it could be a piece of Altera history instead. I'd ask you keep the thread serious and not suggest odd characters just for the hell of it, please.

And remember it doesn't need to just be Knights in shining armour;

he·ro
ˈhirō/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

Once again, please try to remain serious, I want to hear awesome stories~

Warm Regards;
-Paint

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Gelyk Varyn. Went from being a twisted, cruel, brutal man into being elected as a "champion" of Harateth. Played a pretty significant role during the corruption campaign/war in that responsibility and was frequently targeted by the corrupted thugs for being such a threat to their 'cause.' Imprisoned on more than one occasion in efforts to get him out of the fight. Ultimately ended up dealing the killing blow to the god he was championed to, who had also been corrupted or some shenanigans (it was a Michcat campaign, so I'm sure there's a lot more background to it than that). Idolized for a brief time as a hero, godslayer, what have you. I'd say it's definitely an exceptional thing, to kill what was considered to be one of the most prominent and powerful gods.

Ultimately ended up going back to being a twisted, cruel, brutal man afterwards, though a sizable bit more cynical and jaded. Somehow. Killed and permanently died eventually, now regarded in a number of different ways to members of his family and some of the oldies' characters that knew him. There's a lot more to the character than that, but I'd venture that's one of his highlight moments in terms of affecting a piece of server history/lore. He was also bloody massive, though, so the statue would be equally enormous. Arken

Otherwise, can also look into the glory days of Lord Axex Hawklight or General Legion/Daniel Draiden (Axex and Legion respectively, though I bet you knew that already). Both of the characters are legends in terms of history and tales and whatnot. If you haven't read through this thread, I can't recommend it enough: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/wip-legends-and-histories-of-house-hawklight.23488/.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Gelyk Varyn. Went from being a twisted, cruel, brutal man into being elected as a "champion" of Harateth. Played a pretty significant role during the corruption campaign/war in that responsibility and was frequently targeted by the corrupted thugs for being such a threat to their 'cause.' Imprisoned on more than one occasion in efforts to get him out of the fight. Ultimately ended up dealing the killing blow to the god he was championed to, who had also been corrupted or some shenanigans (it was a Michcat campaign, so I'm sure there's a lot more background to it than that). Idolized for a brief time as a hero, godslayer, what have you. I'd say it's definitely an exceptional thing, to kill what was considered to be one of the most prominent and powerful gods.

Ultimately ended up going back to being a twisted, cruel, brutal man afterwards, though a sizable bit more cynical and jaded. Somehow. Killed and died eventually, now regarded in a number of different ways to members of his family and some of the oldies' characters that knew him. There's a lot more to the character than that, but I'd venture that's one of his highlight moments in terms of affecting a piece of server history/lore. He was also bloody massive, though, so the statue would be equally enormous. Arken

Otherwise, can also look into the glory days of Lord Axex Hawklight or General Legion/Daniel Draiden (Axex and Legion respectively, though I bet you knew that already). Both of the characters are legends in terms of history and tales and whatnot. If you haven't read through this thread, I can't recommend it enough: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/wip-legends-and-histories-of-house-hawklight.23488/.
Aaay. Niah even got to know Gelyk. Kinda. Somewhat.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Ultimately ended up going back to being a twisted, cruel, brutal man afterwards, though a sizable bit more cynical and jaded. Somehow. Killed and died eventually, now regarded in a number of different ways to members of his family and some of the oldies' characters that knew him. There's a lot more to the character than that, but I'd venture that's one of his highlight moments in terms of affecting a piece of server history/lore. He was also bloody massive, though, so the statue would be equally enormous. Arken

I'll give it a look, thank you for the infomation, I think I just found what to say the painting near the statues is, that scene you described is too wonderful not to.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Ultimately ended up going back to being a twisted, cruel, brutal man afterwards, though a sizable bit more cynical and jaded. Somehow. Killed and permanently died eventually, now regarded in a number of different ways to members of his family and some of the oldies' characters that knew him. There's a lot more to the character than that, but I'd venture that's one of his highlight moments in terms of affecting a piece of server history/lore. He was also bloody massive, though, so the statue would be equally enormous. Arken

Dramatic paintings ftw.

Scardrac

Felsummer
scardrac is too much of a cliche, genocidal, cynical, pointless character to be idolized through a statue more than once.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I honestly don't know if I count.
Well, the thing about Victor is he is a huge nerd, so, people whom discovered this or that, is a hero in his eyes and etc, I'm not just looking for Knights or guys that killed a monster, for example.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Benjamin Jax of Gelyk's descent slew two withers before the eyes of Rahas, once.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Just lemme know if I should extrapolate on any of:

King Draco of Lonmar held the silver crown for a bit, albeit abdicated. dracoboy2 Faelin Spark Tomahawk777

The Arbiter Albareth maybe, if thats your roll? Fought the darkbloods and evil grief-minions with the holy Inquisition MRPolo13

General Kharn Sicarius lead the Stormbringer airship against a Giant of Corruption in the Final War Warwolf

Nwalme Fuvur is probably infamous... blargtheawesome

General Legion has already been mentioned :>

Naelwyn Talreyn has shown up a LOT in the backend, but you really have to look to see everything he's done (pretty much every noble cause against world-ending powers ever). Naelwyn

Cloud lead the Guardians against evil grief demon spoop once upon a time The Living Ghost

The Rangers kinda have been a 'thing' existing and doing noble stuff.

Ashna Khovr has been a religious figure leading countless events as a pillar of the IC worship community solus

House Marr and House Arcturus lead humongeous donations and fights against the Corruption in the heyday.

Valonyx's Arthorius the First, who was a General in the Final War and brought the troops of Arcturus to fight. Valonyx

Dayter Arretez was the Crown Ranger during the Final War and served on the frontlines - As one of the few rangers around, he heroically fought the corruptions. Deash12

Rilas Duskholm fought against Wrath, one of the Seven Sorrows in an ancient battle of magic and mystery Readij (got her heart ripped out too at one point iirc)

Vorar is definitely legendary and 'good guy', but that character is more patiently heroic than boldly heroic Baron

Dumni' has been quietly sorting out things with elementals and gods, but that was a while ago. He did a lot of work unraveling the mysteries behind Skraag and the entire plot-by-proxy dUMMY

The Engems called upon the forces of Crusade and Korog way-back-when and did heroic stuff to protect their people Goldengem25

Gannet Stormcloud bravely captained the legendary voyage to Kavdam Tayo

Tybalt Rhett was pretty much present wherever there was corruption to be fought, always. (Usually with Murdoc the Earthspawn) Kyle1322 Tybalt

Einthe was anointed as the Royal Scribe in the Silver Throne's Council, and was a constantly present figure saving people in the port silver hospitals mairinbaihn

Josef Mandovi served as the foremost war-doctor during the Final War against Queen Grief, he was the commanding officer in the medical tent Squidziod

etc. etc. etc., I'm sure I'll think of more later

Now, I've left out some very important big characters who had impacts because, well, they were mine. (Lathan and Leminth, respectively). I kinda dont want to list my own characters who did big public things, but someone else might :x

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Now, I've left out some very important big characters who had impacts because, well, they were mine. (Lathan and Leminth, respectively). I kinda dont want to list my own characters who did big public things, but someone else might :x
Details are good, but I will look over the list.~