Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Imperial Map

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Okay, allow me to elaborate what I mean by "It's all how you word it" so that you get a good idea of potential responses.

"The Arcturan Empire is pleased to uphold the neutrality of Port Silver. We have taken it under our protectorate to ensure that it can continue to function without undue political influence. Guards of the Golden Legions will be provided to the City to uphold the Laws of the Silver Council, and all will know Port Silver is under our protection."

- Response - Silver Council accepts.

"[As above, with the following alterations] The Empire will appoint a governor to uphold the management of the city in accordance with Empire Doctrine."

Likely Responses, based on how invasive this governor is:
- Growing bounty on the governor's head.
- Civil disobedience of issued ordinances.
- Various guilds refuse to service the Empire.
- Port Silver Militia potentially called to liberate city.
- Mercenaries potentially hired to liberate city.

"Port Silver is ours and there's nothing you can do about it."

Likely Responses:

- Port Silver considers itself to have war declared upon it and contacts the same people it would if Grief was invading.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Okay, allow me to elaborate what I mean by "It's all how you word it" so that you get a good idea of potential responses.

"The Arcturan Empire is pleased to uphold the neutrality of Port Silver. We have taken it under our protectorate to ensure that it can continue to function without undue political influence. Guards of the Golden Legions will be provided to the City to uphold the Laws of the Silver Council, and all will know Port Silver is under our protection."

"[As above, with the following alterations] The Empire will appoint a governor to uphold the management of the city in accordance with Empire Doctrine."

Likely Responses:

- Port Silver considers itself to have war declared upon it and contacts the same people it would if Grief was invading.
So effectively, Port Silver will remain independent no matter what, though Houses are free to claim the role of protectorate, and be welcomed inside the city?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram

Likely Responses:

With the above in mind, I would ask that the empire carefully and deliberately compose the nature of their claim while paying very close attention to the wording.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
So effectively, Port Silver will remain independent no matter what, though Houses are free to claim the role of protectorate, and be welcomed inside the city?
If a faction has around 90% dominance or so of the world, and they want to be crowned "King/Queen/Emperor/Empress/Title" of Altera, Port Silver will accept this with open arms if they are treated as a respected vassal state with it's independence (Mostly) maintained.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Yes. While certain high profile characters will remain largely non-political, they will defend Port Silver for everything they are worth~

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

Likely Responses:

Ís the hole how you can avoid all these negative responses while acting agressive towards the city deliberate?

kaza125

Lord of Altera

Likely Responses:

Val... It had the title 'Governor' ... Can I be this if it comes? :D @Valonyx

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ís the hole how you can avoid all these negative responses while acting agressive towards the city deliberate?
Eh - it's politics.

I hope I've done a good enough job explaining how it could work, but if you've got any questions I could try and be more detailed.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Eh - it's politics.

I hope I've done a good enough job explaining how it could work, but if you've got any questions I could try and be more detailed.
So you're saying anyone could TRY to claim it but would encounter high resistance to the occupation?
What would happen if the people there LIKED the House that was claiming the area?

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
So you're saying anyone could TRY to claim it but would encounter high resistance to the occupation?

What would happen if the people there LIKED the House that was claiming the area?
No matter which house claims it, there will most likely always be somebody opposing it.

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*facepalm* Guys, some of you don't get the picture. We don't want to necessarily seize by steel and blood and burn to ashes whoever and whatever opposes us in Port Silver. There are many ways, many plans and many options available...