Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[INACTIVE] Clan of the Elchbar - Roleplay Concept

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
northald.png
The Clan of The Elchbar
Pagan Raiders from the North

I N _ S H O R T:
Heavy focus on interaction with other factions in order to grow region.

Religion based on figments instead of the pantheon.
Not isolated, yet continuous private 'roleplay events' for clan members only.

Region Location:
The region of the clan will be set up in the north, on a large snowy island preferably if any is available, otherwise on a frozen coast.
I think there's still some leftovers from an earlier attempt of a Northerner clan there, if so and it is unclaimed, we could build this up from there.

Region Growth:
The region will start with a single plot and cannot expand without money and resources from raids or good relations.
This means RP with other factions is a necessity for the region to grow, thus the growth of the region is dependent on active RP with a large range of players.
Thus, no isolation.

Clan Pagan Religion:
The Clan of the Elchbar will worship figments. They’ve come to understand the power figments have, even if it’s not as much as a God. It’s a pagan religion based on worshiping different figments for different parts of their culture. For instance, to worship the figment of raids during overseas battles or the figment of fishery being worshiped by fishermen. In the same line of thought; the figment of bushcraft, smithing, cooking, etc. Whatever a clan member may want magical 'religious' help with.

Clan Roleplay, a group:
The idea of the clan of the Elchbar is to look similar and to also roleplay as a group. They show up at events together, and generally do a lot together. They'll have plenty of tattoos and create black charcoal patterns thematic of their figment of choice on their face before going into battle or performing other tasks with religious inclination.

1597498156709.png

Northald, leader of the Clan of the Elchbar.

We can go out to hunt things in the North, without having to set up an event thread or call it an event. I intend to make this RP a bit more exciting than hanging around a campfire or tavern all day. Spontaneous Roleplay adventures are encouraged, in which the clan tracks down dangerous wolves who have been terrorizing the camp, go hunting for a grand trophy, seek seeds for farms. I'd like every advancement of the town to be made through roleplay, to make it extra meaningful and enjoyable. They are not events, because I want to increase people's incentive to come online to 'just RP', by making that 'normal RP' extra interesting and enjoyable.

The raids will hopefully cater to those who enjoy CRP a lot. I hope that those who like diplomacy will also have a place here by trying to forge strong alliances with factions. I also hope to create a place for knowledge characters by making use of giant 'rune-stones' in the landscape which they can study and/or record things the clan does. And I hope it'll flourish as a viking village would, also with its necessary farmers/hunters/craftsmen.

Ancestral Knowledge:

Approved by blargtheawesome , loremasters of the clan can gather ancestral knowledge from runestones and sacred places (and also from events) These bits of knowledge are numbered 1 to 5 and the objective is to gather all 5 different bits. Once all ancestral knowledge on (for instance) The Elchbar are found, your character will know everything IC that is written on the OOC Elchbar lore page.

Clan raiding, the 'Raid-map':
I will at some point this month produce a ‘raid-map’ of Altera, where people who own shore or river towns can opt in to have their region raided in an event.
Raids will test the town’s defenses, give towns who have militia or are actively recruiting soldiers and guards a challenge, and allow for town-owners and factions to set up relations with the Clan of the Elchbar to prevent them from raiding the town.

Clan raiding, growing the region:
For each town raided or friendly relations established, the region will grow 2 plots: Because the clan grows in time, not just the clan children, but also slaves taken from raids, as well as money looted. Different towns produce different resources. Raiding a town in a forest will gain stacks of log-blocks, which can be used for construction in the region by clan members. The region owner of that town may provide a 'raid chest' of items that can be raided if they so choose. If not, these resources (ICly raided) will come from the OOC stock of the clan itself. Some towns are more advanced and the clan might learn from them, for instance to keep new livestock, discover how to make glass, or the forging of new weapons.

1597500225334.png

WIP [1/3]

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Things I'd like to introduce but haven't fleshed out:
  1. Runestones: Large menhirs that are scattered in the surrounding area, partly underwater, that contain lore and knowledge. Could be nice if I could add some sort of significance to these. Maybe with every new one found, something new is gained... No idea how to do that yet.
  2. Water Events: The sea is very underused, I'd like to do more events or adventures on water. There's plenty I can think of that some people can do in a ship, or under it!
  3. Exploration: Adding things in a 200 block radius around the starting plot for people to discover, like wolf-dens, special trees for craftsmen to use the wood of, a grove to do rituals, a pair of lost people, a bear, etc.

[2/3]

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've given myself 1 week to wrap up the Melzar chain and then there's nothing I have to log in for. I will be gone for at least a month, this is the deal I made with myself, to distance myself and get new vigor with which to eventually come back. I'll keep an eye on the forums and stay in touch with friends this month.

While I'm gone, I'll have a lot of time to flesh out a new concept, after closing down Nid Arach, the Melzar chain, and putting Olligreen in command of Frostwarts. I want to be sure I don't start new things while I'm not ready for it, or when they're not fleshed out well enough. So here's the thread I'd like to work on this month (or longer) before ultimately I'll return, hopefully with new spirits and having found my friendly self again.

This thread is completely open to feedback and new suggestions, ideas, brainstorms, etc. If you like to take part in the fleshing out of this concept, please post your thoughts.

My only request is to keep it kind, if you really hate something, please just make a sandwich of your feedback so we can all stay friendly to one another. I'm putting this idea up because I know I can't make something like this happen without people who are enthusiastic, but at the same time I'm putting myself on the spot for critique. I'm well aware, but I beg you to be kind in your approach.

[3/3]

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Growing to do list of things I plan to do once I'm back:
  1. [Frostwarts] Make a book 'A history of magic' about how magic changed through-out the history of this server.
  2. [Clan of the Elchbar] Set up relations with the Goraya Clan and do some bartering
  3. [Frostwarts] buy that golden bottoms company painting