Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Interest Check] The Phoenix Crusade

Be honest, if you saw this happening in the Sorrows, would you grief it?

• Total voters

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Phoenix.png

-={X}=-

The Phoenix Crusade

-=-

1. Thou shalt believe true all words of the Light, and shalt observe all its directions.
2. Thou shalt never lie nor bear false witness, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.
3. Thou shalt respect those who are wealthy and powerful, for they are such due to the grace of the Light.
4. Thou shalt pray upon each Sunrise, to give good thanks that the Light bathes thy lands upon once more!
5. Thou shalt not recognize any other Gods or Goddesses, for the Light is the one true Divine.
6. Thou shalt give due respects for the orderly inheiritance, heiritage and succesion, to honour thy Father and Mother before thee.
7. Thou shalt bring persecution upon heresy, to preserve the Order of the world.
8. Thou shalt see murderers without cause have forfeit their own life before the Light, and their belongings entitled to the family of the murdered.

9. Thou shalt burn the dead so they might not rise as demons, or worse!

10. Thou shalt respectfully observe the Divine Law.

What this would entail:
  • Building an encampment in the Sorrows. Eastern Frontier
  • Purging Skraag's undead machinations and other ungodly abominations.
  • Purifying the Southern wilds Eastern Frontier with the wrath of the Pantheon.
More Detail:
This would be an IC, PvE, event chain to fill a gap left by the undead war and the lack of any PvP war. It would be a much more laidback version of the Undead Invasion with less intent on driving us out of Altera and into the new map, but more an intent on building some RP relationships and having some good ol' PvE fun.

Building the Camp:
Much alike Piratep00f 's Colony this portion of the event chain would focus heavily on the IC gathering and building of the camp. This would have fairly peaceful RP during the day and the chance of Moderate violence in the Night.
Players who take part in this portion would be expected to RP realistically in their building whilst also following the rules that will be set out for doing so.

The Purge:
Once a camp has been set up, there would be a much more violent take on the events, as the undead attempt to rid their land of the living menace. This portion of the event chain would focus on the defense of the camp and the maintenance of the fortifications themselves. The Rp here would be of a fairly moderate level during the day, and Night would be of a much more violent nature.
Players who take part in this portion of the event would again be expected to RP realistically in their building and following the rules of such. Yet, I expect the chance of RP death to low and to mimic the same rules as the undead invasion, with rolls for infection and the like.

God's Will:
We have made our presence known, defended against the Hordes of Skraag, now it is time to strike back. The final portion of this event would be aimed at those purely in it for the PvE and it would take place once the encampment is safe and secure enough to withhold consecutive attacks (precise number of such to be decided at a later date). From here on out we would lead incursions out against hordes of the ungodly creatures and perhaps even find and destroy any strongholds we may find.
Players who take part in this final portion of the events are to know that Violence is a given and that death is a possibility. The minimum roll for infection would be raised and the introduction of death as the critical fail would be implemented. This is truly for those who wish to show their might.

A note regarding Religion:
This crusade would initially be led by members of Kaltstaat who intend to follow out their god; Ignis Synnove's will. Many would see this as an offput, but I ask you to reconsider. As long as tact and mutual respect is given, all religions not deemed heresy (Visage, Jishrim and Skraag) are welcome.

I am currently talking to staff about the possibility of this being a thing
and just how frequent these events would be able to take place
so's as to not overwhelm the event crew. Elz Lannis

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I grief anything I find in the sorrows. But this would be something great for when the Eastern Frontier goes live, where you can claim chunks to protect it from griefing, but you still have mobs and the like.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I grief anything I find in the sorrows. But this would be something great for when the Eastern Frontier goes live, where you can claim chunks to protect it from griefing, but you still have mobs and the like.
I thought about that, and I will probably change my mind to that instead. I wasn't too sure if the EF was IC.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hng, I was going to do something with possible Grey Lady recruits and do monthly PvE purging of the undead in frontier if I ever had the time. So yea, this is something that'd be good/fun

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Hng, I was going to do something with possible Grey Lady recruits and do monthly PvE purging of the dead in frontier if I ever had the time. So yea, this is something that'd be good.
Come join Ignis group in their CRUSADE, we won't bite. : ^ )

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I'm so glad that's becoming a thing again. I agree, this sounds cool for that.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Another benefit of this Crusade, it would force those of different cultures/religion to work with each other. Possibly allowing our characters to see through other perspectives.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I voted "yes" for griefing, not because I would actually grief it. But because it WILL be griefed by someone.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I voted "yes" for griefing, not because I would actually grief it. But because it WILL be griefed by someone.
I mean that kind of defeats the purpose of the poll. Sort of like people who don't actually hate a movie but give it a crap rating because they feel like it's overrated and needs to be bumped down.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I mean that kind of defeats the purpose of the poll. Sort of like people who don't actually hate a movie but give it a crap rating because they feel like it's overrated and needs to be bumped down.
I get the purpose of the poll and all. And yes I did kinda defeat the purpose. But no matter what the ratio of "will grief" and "won't grief" . . . it'll get griefed.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
wait for the eastern frontier so people dont cheese you and grief it while you're not online to defend it

it happens every time someone tries to build an RP thing in the sorrows

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Since solus also had the idea, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make two seperate camps that are nearby. Allied in friendly pantheonic competition. Then do co-op against a stronghold. Or if there is enough interest perhaps a couple sub camps for things like Silas followers to make studies, Korag followers to supply armaments and build...... ect. ect.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Since solus also had the idea, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make two seperate camps that are nearby. Allied in friendly pantheonic competition. Then do co-op against a stronghold. Or if there is enough interest perhaps a couple sub camps for things like Silas followers to make studies, Korag followers to supply armaments and build...... ect. ect.
that'd work if this wasn't anhald

we believe in the other gods as angels of ignis, not as real gods

if people started worshiping anyone other than ignis near us they'd get burned alive or flayed or something

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
If we were to follow our pantheonic rules though, the Ignis camp would have to persecute and burn all over camps, and thats no fun for other people : )