Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Interest Check] The Phoenix Crusade

Be honest, if you saw this happening in the Sorrows, would you grief it?

• Total voters

Pandora12Q

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pan_12Q
Pan_12Q
Legend
As someone who doesn't use the sorrows all that much, as I'm lazy as all hell, and also enjoyed the wave based enemy of the zombies when I did in fact see it, I think this would be a good idea to inject another bit of rp into the server in a way that some people will enjoy, not all mind.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
aww man I'd love to join this. I remember events in the sorrows where we just went out ICly building a camp, but leaving it out of the development/history of our characters. This was a long time ago. We went with a host of people and oocly built a fort and dug trenches and fought against the undead, while chatting in rp chat with our characters. This is similar, so I LOVE IT!

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
aww man I'd love to join this. I remember events in the sorrows where we just went out ICly building a camp, but leaving it out of the development/history of our characters. This was a long time ago. We went with a host of people and oocly built a fort and dug trenches and fought against the undead, while chatting in rp chat with our characters. This is similar, so I LOVE IT!
Yuuus. I must say I took inspiration from alot of sources, including (i'd assume it's obvious) Val's Golden Crusade. But considering we don't have much evil or demons, this is the best substitute.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Do you want the mechanics writeup for the Nether Survival PvE challenge thing I had setup that promptly died as everyone it was meant for had to leave?

(Obv, if you've already got an idea of how you want to run it, go for it, but if you don't have much of an idea of how, let me know.)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Do you want the mechanics writeup for the Nether Survival PvE challenge thing I had setup that promptly died as everyone it was meant for had to leave?

(Obv, if you've already got an idea of how you want to run it, go for it, but if you don't have much of an idea of how, let me know.)
I'd actually love this, considering for the most part I assumed I'd have to rely heavily on staff, but if there are ways I can make this interesting without it, I'd love your help. :)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'd actually love this, considering for the most part I assumed I'd have to rely heavily on staff, but if there are ways I can make this interesting without it, I'd love your help. :)
I figure "Limited access portal" and "Different terrain / continent" are close enough that you can basically use the same kind of capacity stuff.

You can make it interesting by limiting carrying capacity - do people bring weapons and armor, safe food supplies, water, construction materials? How many ships and etc can they bring, stuff along those lines.

Each participating person gets to bring X weight worth of stuff with them to the PvE challenge from the outside, and no more, the rest of stuff needing to be obtained from where you arrive.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
that'd work if this wasn't anhald

we believe in the other gods as angels of ignis, not as real gods

if people started worshiping anyone other than ignis near us they'd get burned alive or flayed or something
Wait . . Anhald views Skraag as an angel of Ignis?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Pretty sure Skraagie boo is one of Anhald demons, but I could be wrong...

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
skraag is viewed as a demon

It is the belief of Anhalder that Ignis Synnove is the only God, but they cannot deny the existence of the other pantheon deities. As such their belief system attributes their existence as a doing of Ignis Synnove, who created them as servants. Each angel is associated with particular characteristics and a Command. It is not legal to worship angels as being above Ignis Synnove.

The Commandments of the Angels Are -
  • The Grey Lady commands that thou shalt punish Undeath.
  • Theodra commands that thou shalt protect your house and your bloodline.
  • Vermella commands that thou shalt not spill blood without just cause.
  • Crusade commands that thou shalt die to uphold the word of God.
  • Jax commands that thou shalt respect the Merchant and Nobleman.
  • Silas commands that thou shalt respect the Scholar and Priest.
  • Korog commands that thou shalt respect the Craftsman and the Labourer.
  • Sallana commands that thou shalt respect the Father and the Mother.
  • Shalherana commands that thou shalt put the life of your comrades before your own.
  • Rahas commands that thou shalt do God’s justice.
Pantheon deities not included as angels are Jishrim, Skraag, and Visage. They are demons. As the concept of God making a mistake is unthinkable, it is believed that demons have always existed since before the beginning of time to work against the doings of Ignis Synnove. Jishrim, Skraag, and Visage are associated with Chaos, Undeath, and Dishonesty respectively. To worship any one is highest heresy.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I figure "Limited access portal" and "Different terrain / continent" are close enough that you can basically use the same kind of capacity stuff.

You can make it interesting by limiting carrying capacity - do people bring weapons and armor, safe food supplies, water, construction materials? How many ships and etc can they bring, stuff along those lines.

Each participating person gets to bring X weight worth of stuff with them to the PvE challenge from the outside, and no more, the rest of stuff needing to be obtained from where you arrive.
I definitely intended to cap some level of gear, such as only Iron swords with minimal enchants.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Not to de-rail the thread. But does anyone know if there is an Eastern Frontier discussion thread so that I might go and cry about it?

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I do like this. The only problem would be if we had a blacksmith char join the crusade. What use is he?
IC repairs

when we had the undead fights in the campaign, OOC death meant you were injured or your armour was damaged depending on a roll

as for OOC armour i vote no because it's hella annoying to see in RP

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
IC repairs

when we had the undead fights in the campaign, OOC death meant you were injured or your armour was damaged depending on a roll

as for OOC armour i vote no because it's hella annoying to see in RP
He can still make weapons IRP.
Its pretty likely that armour will not be allowed then. I want this to keep it's Undead War feel.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Whenever i visit the sorrows my favorite activity is to flatten anything that looks manmade.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Not to de-rail the thread. But does anyone know if there is an Eastern Frontier discussion thread so that I might go and cry about?
Too many Regions..

This is one thing that's not on the top of my agenda, but something to address sometime after every main thing can pick up again. We’ll say now, we do have an Eastern Frontier prepared. We’ve had it prepared for a while now. We just want a smooth transition to introduce it with Events and that has been in our interest. Eastern Frontier would un-doubtely help alleviate this rush for one-man regions and ghost towns- and move new players and older players who want single regions/farms/ooc and IC, into this land where they can protect their chunks from grief- as well as inviting friends to join in plots. It'd be easier to set up player events if someone wants to do dungeons without spending 100k on plots. And there's mobs to boot- basically an Rp-able Sorrows, for those confused. Sorry for the spoiler ^^; It’s on the agenda.
solus said this somewhere. Only reason I'm not quoting the thread directly was because I copied this from skype because K9 quoted it for me in a chat. But basically, this was the first reveal