Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Karate

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Ah! we have a shotokan group in the neighboring state. It's actually very close to Shi to ryu, or at least what I've seen is. On my shodan ho test, the soke from the shotokan group was there, and taught me a few choke releases during the last part of the test. Good times.

Thalion_Daugion

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thanks for ignoring my entire post as I've already explained, in detail, what karate means.

Also once again you are incorrect, as you do not call a style of karate "Okinawa Karate," though it looks like you've picked up the word Okinawa now. Baby steps I guess. If you're meaning the oldest karate style, then it's probably shorin ryu, though that is not nearly the only style, so it's impossible for me to know which style it is unless you can come back and actually give a style.

Finally, as I said before but you willfully ignored it, I have given you a detailed account of what is considered by historians to be the early history of karate. However, I implore you to actually go and research this history on your own. I train under a 10th dan soke, but I did not simply take everything he said for granted. If fact I was explicitly not told, so that I would research it myself.

I have done this research for part of my shodan ho test in both Shi To Ryu and for my senior exit project in high school. If you can show me a credible source that invalidates everything I have researched and supports some wild claim that all karate springs from the forced teachings one kidnapped elder to japan, from china, then I will take back everything I've said and apologize.

You've accused me of not listening, when the reverse is true. I'm all ears, please show me a credible source that matches your claim.
I am a gung fu martial artist, we learn from our masters, if his sources are wrong sorry for causing a stir. I only speak of what I am told. If it is incorrect, thank you for teaching me the truth. I understand the conflict of karate and gung fu, and hope not to be apart of it.

Yours sincerely - Thalion The Ranger.