Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kerbal Space Program

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Tried Kethane but couldn't seem to fit any parts to my ships, got ISA and use it regularly (might try to map all the planets). I think I've also tried the OCY but it never worked properly.

I'll have a go with the Extraplanetary Launchpads.
RemoteTech is quite a lot of fun too. I've only just started experimenting with it and already have a geosynchronous triple satellite relay system around Kerbin, and a no blind spot double satellite relay around the Mun, which links up to a long-rage communications array I use to control everything near the Munar equator/prime meridian intersect.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
RemoteTech is quite a lot of fun too. I've only just started experimenting with it and already have a geosynchronous triple satellite relay system around Kerbin, and a no blind spot double satellite relay around the Mun, which links up to a long-rage communications array I use to control everything near the Munar equator/prime meridian intersect.
Judging from the post, I'm going to say this mod allows unmanned craft to have further reaches then?

Might be fun for roleplay, having a long-range communications system set up :D

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Well, it makes it so you have to set up a relay network of long-range communications in order to have any control over unmanned vehicles. The synchronous network is actually mandatory, since the KSC only has a limited range, most of which is blocked by Kerbin. The relay allows a connection to the KSC at any time.

Angryboy

Well, it makes it so you have to set up a relay network of long-range communications in order to have any control over unmanned vehicles. The synchronous network is actually mandatory, since the KSC only has a limited range, most of which is blocked by Kerbin. The relay allows a connection to the KSC at any time.
Sounds good then!

Might have to set that up at some point, but I always seem to have problems with keeping stuff in a proper orbit....

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Try out Mechjeb or Kerbal Engineer, then. Mechjeb is a multifunctional autopilot, and Kerbal Engineer displays all sorts of useful information depending on what you're trying to do. A circular orbit, for example, would have an approximately equal apoapsis/periapsis. I say approximately because perfectly circular orbits can be very challenging.

Also, if you're having issues getting things into orbit you can download AIES or KW Rocketry for bigger, more powerful parts. Subassembly Manager is helpful too, since you can design one heavy-duty lifter (I have one I use for basically everything, cleared for 140 tons to 75,000 km circular orbit) and then import it into every future build once you have the payload ready.

Angryboy

Try out Mechjeb or Kerbal Engineer, then. Mechjeb is a multifunctional autopilot, and Kerbal Engineer displays all sorts of useful information depending on what you're trying to do. A circular orbit, for example, would have an approximately equal apoapsis/periapsis. I say approximately because perfectly circular orbits can be very challenging.

Also, if you're having issues getting things into orbit you can download AIES or KW Rocketry for bigger, more powerful parts. Subassembly Manager is helpful too, since you can design one heavy-duty lifter (I have one I use for basically everything, cleared for 140 tons to 75,000 km circular orbit) and then import it into every future build once you have the payload ready.
Thanks for the recommendations :D I actually use the Subassenbly Manager a lot, but mostly just to fit rovers and such on to my ships.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Debug menu allows disabling gravity, giving infinite fuel, stuff like that.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Eh... It is a bit cheaty to convert electricity into fuel.

Take a look at some delta-v maps and the vehicles people use to get to the Mun/Minmus. It's really not that difficult once you do it once or twice, and you get an incredible sense of achievement when you plant that flag.

Get Kerbal Engineer for sure, though. It'll give you statistics on your delta v while in the VAB and while in flight. You need around 4500 delta v to get to low Kerbin orbit (round 75k), and once in orbit you're halfway to anywhere.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Eh... It is a bit cheaty to convert electricity into fuel.

Take a look at some delta-v maps and the vehicles people use to get to the Mun/Minmus. It's really not that difficult once you do it once or twice, and you get an incredible sense of achievement when you plant that flag.

Get Kerbal Engineer for sure, though. It'll give you statistics on your delta v while in the VAB and while in flight. You need around 4500 delta v to get to low Kerbin orbit (round 75k), and once in orbit you're halfway to anywhere.
Wait you say my giant ion drives are cheat :(?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well my ion thrusters are a bit stronger :p - though that mod is amazing and makes them useful
Sadly they will only work up to a certain distance to the sun.

Angryboy

Tried that once while escaping orbit, opened them by accident.

It was the most glorious explosion I have ever seen, with shards of silicon flying in every direction known to man!