Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Laerornor

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Laerornor Alak'iira
Name: Laerornor
Titles: The Grey, Lord
Nickname/Alias: Corpse-eater, Monster, Albiorix

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: Elf -> Moor
Social Status: Lord of the Grey Isle
Sexuality: Hetero
Height: 6'
Weight: 185
Date of Birth: ?
Date of Death: ?
Homeland: Lands forgotten
Current Home: Grafjell

PHYSIOLOGY:

Build
: Lithe. Though he may seem rather cold, his movements are are quite "fluid."
Hair: Silvery white.
Eyes: A fading red, now having hints of grey.
Skin: Pitch black. Snaking grey tattoos twist about the corpse.
Identifying Marks:
+A silver circlet, set with a cyan colored gem.
+Serpentine markings that lace his entire body, up to his chin. Unlike a tattoo, the markings appear to be an abnormality in his skin tone, as any scar tissue along the markings retains it's grey hue.
+His skin tone is similar to ink.
+Always wears robes of grey.
Appearance: Worn/Ragged, yet bearing hints towards Elven Nobility
Clothing: Always some sort of Robe. Typically a shade of Grey. A silver circlet.
Weaponry: Prefers blades.
Prized Possessions: An ornate Dagger (See drawing below).
Hygiene: Clean
Voice: Alastair Duncan as Celebrimbor

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:

Strengths:
+Unemotive: He's seen a lot.
+Self-Reliant: He can take care of himself. Lack of companions has forced him to learn many skills of survival.
+Dark Physician: A keen interest in corpses has given him anatomical knowledge. Familiar with torture and piecing a victim back together has made him a doctor with no bedside manner. A wounded individual is suggested to seek someone else.
+Blade familiar: Has been in far too many scraps to count.
+Numb: Due to events long past, he cannot feel. While apparently taking note of pressure, at higher levels, he seems unable to register anything beyond it.
+Rational: In most cases, he prefers to think things through before action is taken.
+Observant: He watches, listens and learns. He may be listening to you now.
Weaknesses:
+Lack of Empathy: He is not a comforting figure, often cold towards those he does not know, and even those he does. There are a select few that he shows kindness towards.
+Lack of friends: It is doubtful many will come to his aid.
+Numb: A weakness as well, he may not be aware of an injury, harmful temperatures and the like.
+Lack of Smell and Taste: The events that also caused his 'numb' state also left him without smell and taste. He is susceptible to poison.
+Not quick to Defense: He is rarely eager to engage in a fight, often leaving him a second behind the first strike.
Fears:
+The loss of what little he has gained.
Intelligence: Wise: Though his beliefs/Morality is far different than the norm.
Languages: Mok'yra. Common. Elvish (or whatever its name is now).
Profession: Tol'Fen'Ko of Linlea, Adviser, Novice to Grey Lady
ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:

Personality
: Cold, unkind, Curious
Religion or Cults: Grey Lady
Alignment: Common Morality: Chaotic Neutral, though seen as Evil to many.
Short Term Goals: To learn.
Long Term Goals: To Understand.

Favourite...
Place: The Grey Isle
Pastime: Learning.
Food: Does it matter?
Drink: Nope.
Colour: Grey
Animal: The cunning of a fox is admirable, and that of a raven as well.

Least Favourite...
Place: Cathedral
Pastime: Small talk
Food: -
Drink: Poison.
Colour: Pink (Pink wool in particular is absolutely horrendous.)
Animal: Cat

RELATIONS:

Loved:

Ashna - She gave hope, even if false, and pulled Laeranor from the unfathomable depths of loss and despair. Without her, he may once again sink into his old self. He continues on because of this individual... but she must leave the isle if she is to survive. solus
Olive - The child is growing, and he finds he does not have the time to witness it as much as he'd like. And now... paralyzed. Smurf

Trusted (does not mean liked...): Those above. Aside from those, Grey trusts no others completely, but some hold portions of trust, and will be named why.
Daeron + Vevila - Laeranor trusts the council member's desire to aid the elven people. This is admirable. He knows little else about them. Jstar Sizzix
Malek - Has shown incredible loyalty to the isle and a willingness to learn. They may not be close friends, but then again, when has Grey ever sought friendship? CaptnBluebeard
Aspen - The two may not share similar pursuits or thoughts, Grey believes they do share hopes for the betterment of the isle. False hopes, perhaps, but shared nevertheless.
Dayter - Grey may never like the rangers, but they were always true to their purpose. Even if these once conflicted with his own, he believes it admirable. He has faith the ranger will keep his word. Deash12
Liked: (If you made it this far... I'm impressed... He's not designed to 'Like' much)

Neutral:

Syra - As a resident of the isle, it is his duty to oversee and protect the individual. She can be rash, difficult, obnoxious and overall a problem causer. But she is genuine in her beliefs... Elz
Jhaeros - A quiet elf that has climbed too many trees. Climbed them poorly. Resident of the isle.
Arganaer - The human has proven to be both inefficient and difficult thus far. Seems to spend a lot of time on the isle. bettemus99
Leila - He owes the Caparii a debt for wrongs committed. Yet she is far too kind.. pleasant.. in his company. This is suspicious... Michcat
Jaden - The truth can be given, it need only be asked for. The ranger asked, he now knows. But does he understand? CloakedReaper
Cymic - A drunkard, but a useful one. Drama often surrounds him, and that drama can be manipulated. He is one of the blessed, by luck, thus one must tread carefully around him. Cymic_
Unsure (Where most of you are):
Archaeus - The man often brings unnecessary trouble, and seems to claim power when no power is given. Laeranor desires to see a change in the man, but he is doubtful that such can occur. He believes the man's intentions are good. His ways of achieving them are... questionable. Glados
Tzemik - The feline brought many trouble causing individuals to the isle. The feline also holds a great power, power that he is unsure he can trust such an individual to hold. Her intentions are good, it seems, but potentially catastrophic. Michcat
Naelwyn - The man has fair reason to hate Laeranor, and not knowing the man well enough, he is unsure if he will some day claim revenge. Naelwyn
Illthilior - The elf is foolishly ignorant when it suits him. Laerornor questions if even the man's intentions are good. Tempy_
Nwalme - Yet another... former... visitor of the isle. The man seems to skirt around Laerornor, and this pleases him. Perhaps it is fear... either way... he may not cause trouble because of it. blargtheawesome
Er'Danku - There appear to be no troubles caused by the feline... yet. Shrimpsy
Samia - Found skulking about where people should not skulk. Resistant to leave. A potential issue, hopefully addressed. Hogo-Sha Kitsune

Eltsir - Gave unnecessary complaint to Ashna's command. A potential problem causer.
Knox - She can do what Grey cannot... feel... she is of use to the isle in days to come, but will she remain? Charybdis

Wary:
The General - Like the other magi, he does not trust their power. He too has reason for revenge, and has shown less restraint in his willingness to take it.
Athryl - This elf is nigh unpredictable. At times he seems willing to aid, at others he seems ready to kill. It is whom he might attempt to kill, that causes worry. It seems he should have been born a Moor. IceandFire
Einthe - She killed him once... but as all others, it seems in the end, she failed. Her tales of Dulindwen being alive were nothing but lies. And now she returns, likely to once more sew seeds of a false hope, and the turmoil that comes with it. mairinbaihn

Hated: (Again... if you made it this far, I'm impressed... He isn't designed to Hate much either)

Free from folks for now...

BACKSTORY: Written in some Grey Book.

SKILLS:
-Studious:
He constantly seeks greater knowledge, thus giving him a basic idea of the functioning of many things.
-Fighting: Accustomed to both defending and attacking over the years, he has become quite aware of how to wield a blade. However, he is at a loss to both Archers and several opponents, as his armor is rather lacking in nearly every scenario.
-Self-Reliant: Disliked by most, he has learned to take care of his needs on his own and is unlikely to ask for aid from another, as this may incur a debt.
-Healing: He has skill in it, though he almost never shows it. Years of study devoted to corpses, he has a particular knowledge of anatomy. Also, in the darker years of life, torture has taught him how to keep one alive despite great suffering. Seeking him out for healing would not be advised, as his healing practice is less concerned about the comfort of the individual and more about the end result.
-Self-Aware: While perhaps not first looked upon as a skill, it has undoubtedly proven to be so. He is aware of what he represents and is more than capable of using it to his advantage. Fear is just as much a part of his arsenal as a blade.

INSPIRATIONS: A large inspiration for the Grey was basic Philosophy. Taking ideas from Plato to Descartes and twisting the teachings/thoughts/ideals to have a very dark meaning. Ideas such as Absolute Truth and the Morality of Man.
Aside from that, simple inspiration grew out of RP, as I warped him into something terrible from the original RPs I had with him.
I've since seen characters in some films that portray some of his beliefs, though they're never quite the same.

My in-game name is: Estes241

Art:
By Solus:

d'aww... So many too... I even left out the "Totes Random Moor" ones... ;)

By Estes:Snapshot_20140815_1.JPG
Far left.
(If I find 'em... I'll add 'em.. I know there are more.)

Grey speech translations:
"..." : "I'm thinking on what I wish to say.", "I'm merely listening.", "WTF"
"Mmm": "I'm keeping a thought to myself."
"..a pity": "This may need to be adjusted.", "I am not pleased with this answer", "an actual pity"
"Irrelevant.": "You shouldn't care.", "That's not something I wish to discuss with you.", "Leave it be."

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hng- excite!! :D *takes over art section* aw yus.

*and backstory section* mwhaha

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
May I sit here please? Thanks. I quite like the character concept, even if my moor brat is too young to understand him.