Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Legendary Legend's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

Legendary Legend

Loyal Servant of Altera
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
LegendaryLegend
LegendaryLegend
The Whitelist Application Form:

1. What is your Minecraft username?
LegendaryLegend

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
United States of America (U.S.A.)
EST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the usage of previous knowledge of something in-game and taking advantage of it by applying it to one's own gameplay. Powergaming as the execution of an action on another player that doesn’t allow that player and opportunity respond or to do anything about the said action.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Yo, I am Legend. I'm studying computer science in college. Besides roleplaying, I do enjoy playing other video games, especially with others, that are generally mmorpgs or fps. Namely, I've been playing a lot of Overwatch as of late since I'm trying to get good at it. My favorite type of music is EDM. I don't have any pets but I wish I did, specifically dogs as my favorite kind are huskies and german shepherds.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character:

Character Name:
Khari

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
A 5'10" human with dark brown skin and golden eyes. His black hair is dreaded and sometimes pulled back into a short pony tail that dangles a little above his the back of his neck. He has a slender frame that lacks bulk but it is toned, athletically.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
body1.png
Written Test:
On the residential streets of Storm's Landing, Khari walks down them as he counts the money he earned that day from his new job at the mines. He made sure a certain amount was there. As he rounded the corner towards the office of a local doctor, he would run into two guys with a mischievous grin on their face that were around the same age as him, if not a bit older. Khari recognized them though as it hadn't been his first time dealing with the notorious fellows.

"So where are you headed, huh?" One of them asked Khari and then notices the pouch of money he was holding. "And what's that?"
"It not for you. It's to pay for medicine from the doctor down there. My friend.. he isn't well." He nods towards the doctor's office building down the road.
"Oh yeah? You were going to go see my old man, eh? Well my brother and I were just coming from there, so we can take it to him ourselves, hmn?" He suggested as his grin widened.
"No, I- Hey!" The pouch in Khari's hands would bet swipped from him. Khari would go to lunge back for it. However, the other brother intercepted him by driving a fist into the side of his temple, causing Khari to topple over onto the ground.The brothers then ran off and yelled back with a chuckle, "Hope you're buddy gets well but if not, eh, good riddance!"

Khari got to his feet and dusted himself off. Without the money, Khari changed routes instead of prodeeding to the doctor's office and made his way to his friends house. His parents welcomed him inside as asked Khari about the bruise on his head but he dismissed with by telling them it was a simple accident at his job. He headed into his friend's room and sat next to his bed as he looked over him fast asleep but was sickly breathing heavily as a damp towl on his head helped fight off the sweating from his high temperature. Anger boiled up inside Khari and he departed soon after.

That evening, Khari returned bearing the medicine for his friend's illness and gifted it to parents before being on his way back home. He avoided his parents and went to bed early, or at least acted like he was. While underneath his sheets he could hear his parents talking outside his cracked open door.

"Did you hear about those twin boys that live in the next block down the road?" Khari's mother asked his father.
"The doctor's sons? What about them, honey?" He responded.
"The guards found them both murdered. They're still trying to figure out what killed them. There were no visible injuries found on them apparently."
"My goodness. The trouble they always got into, it's no surprise really but it's sad to see such young lives snuffed out. I'll be sure to visit the doctor to see how he's holding up."

Khari smirked underneath his covers as his parents continued to talk while they headed to their bedroom. When the coast was clear, he headed over to his window and opened it, finding a shadowy and cloaked figure awaiting outside of it. The assassin cleaned off his blade from blood before holding out his hand to Khari. Khari placed a gem into the palm of his gloved hands.

"You're lucky I found that instead of my co-workers. Here you go. You earned it."
"Pleasure doing business with you." The assassin replied from underneath his hood and then he disappeared.

Khari closed the window and went back to bed.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Legendary Legend!

Generally, we don't really like having mention of magical trinkets or artifacts. If the "gem that the air distorted around" and "softly glowed" were just a normal gem, I'd be okay in accepting this.
In the wider world of Altera, magic and divine happenings are relatively rare- and should not occur in backstory.

Let me know what you think.

Legendary Legend

Loyal Servant of Altera
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
LegendaryLegend
LegendaryLegend
Greetings!

I'm perfectly fine with it being a normal gem. I just gave it special properties to make it more apparent that it was very valuable. I went ahead and made the necessary edits to the application.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.