Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald [Letter] Planar Convergence Genesis: Arcana

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
This is not a public letter.

The lengthy list of recipients are below.
This is here to read for your enjoyment otherwise! :)

This letter is sent to:

Milah Jazzper - Trefor JennyBean - Storm Catalyst - Raenyr Astalgon - Frost Fronslin - Quill Juvix_ - Ruvan TagTeamChampion - Aislin Galaxy - Lilith Arcana - Laisa Samiwashere - Athryl IceandFire - Amelia Map - Stella Mudpaw11 - Lura abirosse - Maebh Magic Intern - Sugar Ruu Darling - Asero Electric - Kam Kamaoe - Jaden CloakedReaper - Azalea Sophe - Damien Baron2537 - Karsten Jstar - Nikolche Niko - Leofaren Shankster - Kopii Omikuji - Bliss RagingLunacy - Kethron Heie - Kaelin Edouard2000 - Nwalme blargtheawesome - Gerry Jeroxia

A mage but not here? Lana probably doesn't know you are a mage! :(
especially:

Halvar AionTbird - Maple Opal - Tol'lek Koto Adam/Byrne - Rae Snowymaximus - Loriss Laruza - Mourin TidalTerror - Asteria Ressplendent - Vidar blargtheawesome - Izhmoz Tideborne

Sorry, it'd be metagaming :(
You can, however, read the letter if it makes sense for those other mages around you that got one!

Dear friend or stranger,

I am writing to you with the greatest of the intentions.

It was first brought to my attention by Raelur Fen'Shal, Blessed of the Grey Lady, in private. It was then brought to my attention from the dubious source of demon-possessed Oleg, Blessed of Korog, whom informed the Curators of Candlewood. Finally, Blessed of Theodra, Marian Olliran from a
public poster you may have seen already. The Pantheon have made clear that the walls between realities have been weakened since Lady Arcane's accension, my Goddess. You know fully well that her accension brought you a grand change in our spellcasting abilities, the four schools. I have monitored these changes-- not only in us, but in the Blessed and beyond.

Today I write to you not to justify the means or reasoning of Magic's worship. That, should minority of Exalts end their lust for needless bloodshed, will come in trials ahead. Today is a different challenge: the purpose of this letter.

I ask of you: please only cast spells from this moment forward until further notice when you absolutely require to.

Teaching spells. Healing the wounded. Tricking or harming those that would harm others-- or you. These are the core reasons most of us became Mages: to perform a task to better ourselves through manipulation of our essentia. We perform grand feats.. and until now, those spells had no side-effects known. Today, however, the veils between Realms are weakened by them. It is at behest of the Blessed I write to you, for the divine have no solution to the problem it yet causes.

You may have noticed abnormalities in the Realm. Grey goo. Glass raining from the sky. Colours turning different hues. Perhaps the purple rain? These are all effects caused by our spellcasting. When we cast a spell: it further weakens the walls between us and the Planar Infinity, causing something we have taken to calling 'Planar Convergence.' Some of these effects are harmless- yet some are not. Decerened by the danger caused by thinning the barriers between our realities, things from beyond the Planar can slip through the gaps into our Altera. This includes the current demon menace in the form of the Ivory King and Dranoden- two powerful demons behind the current possessions (names sourced to me from the Realmsguard, whom I aim to aid). These pitiful demons are a nusience: yet a potential mimicry of greater threats to come should the veil weaken further. Things we cannot possibly hope to control, only defeat-- though we should aim to avoid the problem alltogether.

The Planar Convergences Genesis is that of Arcana itself. Us.
Thus.. I ask of you to limit your spells for only when you need to cast them.
No illusions. No tricks. No Elementals for mundane tasks or healing minor scratches when alchemy works. No light shows, as much as it grieves me to ask.

Currently the divine have no way to lower the issues caused by Planar Convergence. However, those within
League Arcana like myself are working to find a solution to this problem with the aid of Lady Arcane and the Pantheon's Blessed. When a solution has been discovered or revealed to us: I shall write to you all again to inform of the ways we can lower Planar Convergence so we can continue our arcane arts in peace without the rest of the Realm seeing us as potential causes for calamity the likes Altera has not seen before.

We took great efforts to be Sparked. Risked everything. We must take that risk again in self-control for the rest of the Realm. If we do not: we return to days of old where mages caused destruction and sorrow intentionally. We cannot blame ourselves for spells we have cast causing Planar Convergence before we knew it was the cause and effect. But we can blame ourselves for our actions after this letter.

I hope that this news does not cause distress. I hope that a solution is found within the new month, for all our sakes.
Thank you for reading this lengthy and grave letter.
When the walls of reality come tumbling down... it is our actions now that define who we are and how the Realm will see mages for the next era.
Let us bring in a new era, together: we are better than the mages of old.

Yours thankful,

~Lana Silveira