Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Letters to Our Departed

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Note: I had a look through the events page- Most of you are TBA's- get a move on those dates. I'm nabbing one. *Hisses and grabs*

(Note: I'll be sticking this poem at the Crossroads and Grafjell message boards in-game by the end of the day. It'd be common knowledge by tomorrow. Notes should be on!)

Letters to Our Departed

The black ink slowly crept across the parchment, a tear drop stained and dried right beside it.
"Forgive me," It wrote.
"I miss you," It wrote.
"Be well, forever and for always."
These are letters to my Beloved.
Letters to My Only Friend.
Letters sent high Above.

(Or below, I don't judge. But it does't rhyme, dangit.)
The Letters for our Departed.
Date: 4/24/2015
Time: 1 pm pst (I'll find those shmancy links soon for all you non-murica people)
It'd be- 4pm est and 3pm cst
Where: The Grey Isle's newly built Cathedral in honor of The Grey Lady
Map: I'll make it someday
Event Head: Ashna Khovr

Estimated
Duration of Event:
30 mins or so. Ended up being an hour and 30mins or so.

mapToCathedral.png

What: We'll be writing letters to people our character's are close to, and sticking them on a (horrible looking fake) tree. At the end, the letters will be individually lit on fire so that the words of the letters stay only between the one who wrote it and the one who passed. As one can believe the words pass into the afterlife.

Oocly: I'd be great if people want to write their letters in this thread before the event/during it/after it ends. Your choice!

I tagged the most active peeps in Grafjell that somewhat live there. All are welcome to join and watch and visit (
If there's like- little animosity between the isle peeps and your character- *cough*- No but just come.):
@Estes241 @CthulhuPeople @BrianAT16 @TurtlePrada @Niah @godfather1 @Bob_the_BuilderPet

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Oocly: I'd be great if people want to write their letters in this thread before the event/during it/after it ends. Your choice!
Gonna go ahead and post mine now :p (Also ~13 hours till event bumpity bumpity bump bump)

"To my beloved father, Goren.

It has been years since you have passed, yet not a day has passed that I have not thought about you and prayed to the Grey Lady for you..
I wish you could be here, you are
gonna be a grand dad really soon.
I have changed a lot since your passing. I think you would be proud of me.. or at least I hope you would.
I got married really recently his name is Calcifer. I don't know if you knew him or not but he is really nice.. and I love him.
I really hope you have found peace in the afterlife. I pray each and every night that you have..
I love you and miss you greatly.

Your little girl,

Melosa Walterius-Crow"

Last edited:

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
"To my old heart,

How long has it been, since your passing? A year and a half or so by now, I believe... Forgive me, as I try to not think about such things, but instead appreciate your life. I am sure you would expect nothing more than that. I may not think about your death, but that is far from meaning that I do not think about you, Arandir. It is rare for a day to pass by without my mind at least drifting to you in some subconscious way. I miss you dearly, and it is a dull pain now, but a pain quite unlike anything I have felt before. This ache is as terrible as it is persistent in nature. Though it has served a purpose, a sinister one, but it is purposeful none the less. Truly your passing has opened my mind to the frailty of our mortal lives, and I wonder to myself each day- “How many more around me are destined to pass? How many flames will I see doused over the course of my stay here?” As an elf I am sure it is far more than any shorter lived race. As dreadful as it is a thing to know, it is an even more vile a thing for me to accept, as the Priestess that I am. But alas, I hope above anything else that you have been judged fairly by The Grey Lady and I hope that you have found peace, I know how feverishly you pursued it in life. I hope your passing was a painless thing, and your brother has insisted that was. I give my deepest apologies for never saying goodbye in any proper way, and I apologize for being absent at the time of your passing. If I had held any idea of what was to come, I assure you that I would have steadfastly remained beside you. I know that this is something you would not doubt of me, but still I feel the need to enlighten you of it, for knowing that I was not with you is something that haunts me still. Your beautiful mind deserved the world at its fingertips, and yet you died alone. A grievous fate for one who lived a life as you did... Farewell for now, my dearest friend... When my final day comes to expire I will happily follow you into the endless dark.

With love,
Vevila Draugus"

Raith

Lord of Altera
To my most trusted ally Cyyr,

A lot of things have changed since you've died; I got my tongue back, I have a hand again, and things are starting to look up for me.
Lets start back to when you died: I was a ship wreck. Hate and vengeance had consumed my being. I had tried to get revenge on the Blood Serpents after you had died, which ended with me dying on multiple occasions. One death almost sent me to come see you. that is until Tzemik managed to save my soul. She is the one who had helped me with getting a tongue again. In return for her saving me, I agreed to help her. I spent a couple years helping her in any way I could. I miss you so much. It hurts sometimes when I remember you. I try to look past it, and try to think that you are still alive, but off on one of your adventures. Just forgetting to write back to me. I hope to see you again sometime soon, but not too soon.

I love you,

Mila Walterius

@BrianAT16 @godfather1 @Michcat (the ones mentioned in the letter)

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
To my dear, beloved sister, Elabeth,

There has yet to be a day I don't think of you. I miss you and wish you were here. The town you mentioned
in your letters barely exists anymore. I'm still just a wondering bard. There's no wondering what mother and father would say if they could see me today. They'd likely say, "You're wasting your life on an idiot's quest. Settle down properly and get a real job!" I would, but I still need to find someone to bring you back. The world is a dark place without you.

Your loving brother,
Tel'Delxus

The Courier

Lord of Altera
To Those Departed,

As silly as it is to write a letter to those who cannot read, let alone breathe, I took upon this offer in hopes of some type of mental reformation. I write to one who shall not be named, who shall not be given sex, and who shall not be referenced further than by "Soldier". To you, Soldier, I give my deepest regards. I send my remorse, my anger, my sorrows, and my condolences. Most importantly, I offer my respect. For you, Soldier, are the only one to have taken arms when none others would. You, Soldier, gave the safety of your life for the betterment of others. You, Soldier, took the deepest blow, gave the ultimate sacrifice, and offered only protection to those of your lands. To those you loved, you were valiant. To those you didn't know you still offered your protection and grace towards.

Even upon your death, your thoughts were only of those who were at home, of their safety, and of the regret that you will not be given a chance to even say goodbye. Perhaps the bloody letter retrieved from you made it home, perhaps they gave their sorrows to the sky for none were around for consolidation, but maybe they remember you with honorable heart and bitter-sweet mind. Perhaps, just perhaps, you're not forgotten. To the nameless soldier, this letter is 'given' towards. Perhaps this offer of respect may end the turmoil in the hearts of those honorable dead.

Orvar Sif Sigurd,
Ex-Legate

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(You guys are looking great. I'll delete this later to keep this beautiful letter flowing going. Added a map for the maze that is Grafjell. And an estimated time: 30mins or so.)

ETA: 1 hour.