Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Linehart

Linehart

I think I might like it here
Name:Kail Halio Linehart
Nickname/Alias:Linehart
Race:half human/half angel
Height:2 Meters 8 Centimeters
Weight:52.67 Kilos
Hair:Spiky Blonde
Eyes:Blue
Skin:Tan
Identifying Marks:None
Appearance:Almost always seen in his white armor, that was passed onto him from his father.
Strengths:
Strong and honorable
Has some of his fathers angelic abilities
Weaknesses and fears:
Doesn't trust people easily.
Religion and cults:In the town he came from it was believed that a chosen among them would go out to slay the great evils of the land.
Profession:Before leaving his home, he was a child training to become that chosen.

He was born to a human woman from an angels seed. His father was an enigma to him from the very beginning of his life. As Kail grew older into his younger years, he found himself to be stronger and more capable than most of the others around him. It wasn't long before the elders of the town decided he must be the chosen of legend, the one to vanquish all evils. His training began at the age of six.

His mother didn't approve of her son being trained to kill, but the village elders' decision overruled his mothers wishes. What little time he did spend with his mother from that day forward was spent primarily in silence, as he was forbidden from speaking of his training to anybody. The years past and his strength and skills increased, those that knew of his position in life looked upon him with praise and hope. Those that did not looked upon him with fear, for what purpose would there be to train someone to that magnitude.

When the time came for him to test his abilities, he was sent out to kill monsters that had come to inhabit a castle nearby. He went alone, and returned bathed in the blood of the monsters. His return was not expected by most, in fact many expected him to die there. After coming back in such a state even more feared him.

In his younger teenage years, several people fled the village afraid that his keepers and the elders might lose control of him someday. This did not occur but the fear of him was one he felt very deeply. He started to regret his becoming the chosen, when at first he had been proud to be so. Those that left found monsters and demons outside the village, and told them of the chosen in the village.

He aged into his late teens before the night that changed everything. Demons and monsters descended on the village in the dark of night and attacked the village. He woke to screaming, and the sounds of battle in the streets. Before even thinking about it he rushed to put on his armor, and unsheathe his sword, ready for combat that he knew would come. He rushed out of the house and started battling any enemy he could get close to, slaying many before he was forced back into his home. He heard his mothers screams come from upstairs, somehow they had gotten onto the second floor. Rushing up the stairs fearing the worst he fought the ones coming down the stairs, trying to flank him. When he finally reached his mother, he was too late, she had been killed by the monsters. At that moment he went into a rage, finding new power he didn't know he had. Lashing out at all the enemies near him with the power. The collateral damage his power created caused the house to collapse. He fought in the streets for a couple days before the invading force retreated at last. Exhausted, hungry, and thirsty, he collapsed in the rubble that was once his home.

A day later he awoke to a voice telling him, "It's time Kail." When he looked towards the voice he saw an angel before him, holding a suit of shiny white armor. He was confused why would an angel come now, not before when they could have used the help, not when the village was destroyed, not when his mother died. Now after all of it was over, he looked around, the village was gone, not another living being moved. The angel waited for him patiently. The only word he could think to say was "Why?!" The angel stood and shook it's head. "Because, I was not permitted to do so. If it were to me I would have fought by your side."

He didn't know why this angel wasn't permitted to do so but why wasn't there any help at all. "Why, am I still here? Why am I the only one left? Why come now that the rest are gone?" The questions started spilling forth, unable to hold them back any longer.

The angel knelt down in front of him and said, "Because you truly are the chosen of this village, you were held on high, and watched from above. Now my son you must fulfill your destiny, and vanquish the evil of the land."

The words sparked one last question, one that had plagued him since a young age. Who is my father?, but the words that came out were, "Are you my father?" He choked down tears as he asked the question. Looking up at the angel, that only nodded once, no words just a nod. Anger rushed his emotions. "Why weren't you ever here? Why didn't I know? Why couldn't you tell me?"

The only response he was given for all his anger and sorrow was, "Because, I was never permitted to." The angel said one last thing before going back to whence it came. "I shall watch over you my son, take care of yourself."

With that the angel was gone. Kail was left alone, in the rubble. He scrounged what little food and water he could and ate his fill, staying in the town unable to make up his mind for several days. When he finally got tired of staying he removed his old clothes and armor put on the new suit his father had brought, and set out on his travels.

Several more years passed between now and then. Many adventures, and many battles led up to now. His mind is very different than it was back then. He decides to finally settle down somewhere, ending his journey, but not his battles, in Altera.

Linehart

Thank you, I shall work on more of the story of his life in Altera, and outside, when I have time. College takes up a lot of my time recently.

Linehart

During his travels outside of his homeland, he met many interesting individuals. Not all he met were humanoid, many were monsters, demons, angels, and half-breeds like himself. Many of the ones he considered evil at the start of his journey, he had found reasons to think of them differently.

The first being of importance he met was a woman. She was of demon kin, when they met Kail did not know this. They met in the first town he made it to after leaving his home. Upon meeting her he felt an instant connection, she felt it too. Over the days that he stayed in that town they fell for each-other, and when it came time for him to leave she came with.

-I am going to expand upon this, if anybody wants me to go into greater detail as to what happened in that town please speak up and I will consider it.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I would love to hear more. We get many character profiles and I must say this is one of the top 20 I have read!

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Is there actually a person RP'ing as a Demon Hybrid other than Cubey and the hellhound guy?
Or are you just making this up? :p

Linehart

The female demon is for his back-story they do not exist outside of the story. They exist solely for Kail's development.

Unless someone makes a character to take that spot.

Linehart

After having left his home he headed towards the nearest town. Looking back at his home one last time before going and never turning back. He traveled the roads for the most part only going off the path when it suited him. He ran into a trade caravan that was heading towards his home. They asked him if he had come from there, he told them they didn't need to go there anymore. They asked why that was, and Kail told them of it's destruction. They were sad to hear that and wished him luck as they headed down the road in a different direction than before. Kail was depressed over the loss of his home, but knew he couldn't sit and mope about it forever. A couple days travel and he reached the town.

He entered town close to dusk and almost nobody noticed him enter. Some people were still in the streets but most of them were heading home. He started to make his way towards the inn when someone yelled thief. His training to help people in need made him jump to help them, he saw someone dart towards a building, he gave chase. It was dark, he couldn't see them, it sounded like something was climbing the wall. He ran around to where the sound was coming from, but couldn't find anybody. He heard a sound like someone jumping off and onto another building, the buildings in this town were close enough that if you were agile enough to do so you could make the jump from roof to roof, so he followed the sound. After a while of chasing the sounds he came upon a dead end and an end to the sound. He was in an alley, this one had a wood wall to keep people from going through it. Most alleys near the edge of town had these walls to keep things from entering from outside. Whoever or whatever it was, he lost them, so he went back towards the inn, wondering what got away. When he got to the inn the innkeeper recognized him right away.

"Kail long time no see, heard you were locked up by the "elders," didn't think I'd see you again." He made a really weird face, and had a strange tone in his voice when he said "elders" it almost made him laugh. "So what brings you here we were just about to close up for the night, you looking for a place to stay?"

"No Brosk I'm just passing through, need to find somebody. I could use some supplies though if you can spare any."

A moment after Kail finished speaking Brosk's daughter Rin came in through a side door. "Well I could have sworn I saw him enter through the main entrance to town." She walked up to her father, and turned her back to Kail and lifted herself into a seated position on the counter. "I haven't seen Kail in years imagine him coming here. Doubt he'd even bother to stop by if he was." She sighs. "Oh well." Her father had a look on his face that just screamed he was trying not to bust up laughing. "Now WHAT is that look for." Her father pointed as the snickers started to escape his lips. She turned to see what it was and when she noticed Kail on the other side of the counter closer to the door, she fell backwards off the counter and almost landed on her head. At that Brosk busted up in a booming laugh.

(I'll get to writing more later. Lets call this a teaser for what's to come. Also I'm open to criticisms and suggestions. So feel free to leave comments)

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
sounds really interesting :)
but i have a bit hard finding how long the time is?
anyway keep writing ^^ i have no books to read in so this is the best so far to read

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
sounds really interesting :)
but i have a bit hard finding how long the time is?
anyway keep writing ^^ i have no books to read in so this is the best so far to read
:eek:

sad Itzza is sad :(

Anyways, great next part to the story, nice to know we have some good writers among us.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
i have but i need more
and you dont write everyday do you?
btw your story will allways be the best itzza but this is a okay good one too :p

Linehart

lol I have to admit I do tend to skip time sometimes, but I find it easier to say he took a couple days to travel rather than explain that nothing eventful happened between point a and point b and go through the days.

I can clear up about what age he is. He's in his late teens so 18/19 by the time the rest of the story begins. I have not alluded to a birth-date yet but I may in his days to come you'll just have to see. So far in his travels from when the battle occurred to now, the battle was at night, he passed out for a day and his father came. He then moped around in the ruins for 4ish days, he then left for the next town, which took him 2 days to reach on foot, only really eventful thing there was him running into that trade caravan. The parts of the story that I find interesting such as his time in town and his travels with people I will usually keep to day night cycles.

Linehart

When Rin fell off the counter she hit her right shoulder pretty hard. Kail rushed to help her up, but she objected. "No... no you... don't need to help me up." She was rather red in the face from being embarrassed at what she had said in front of him. She quickly caught her dress before it could fall and gingerly started to right herself on the floor. "Oww!" She had put pressure on her right shoulder when she was pushing off the ground, she barely caught herself before Kail was beside her helping her up.

"No objections, you're obviously hurt." He slowly helped her up trying to avoid anything that might bother her right arm and shoulder. She was rather quiet about the whole thing up until she was all the way upright. Kail looked her in the face and asked her. "Do you think you'll be alright now?"

Brosk had stopped laughing and looked on concerned until Kail had asked her if she would be alright. "I bet she'll be fine, you remember she was clumsy the last time you were here too."

Rin hadn't responded to the question but hearing her father say that she quickly turned her face away from Kail so he wouldn't notice her blushing. "I didn't ask for any help up." Looking down at the floor, she knew she was far too embarrassed to look him in the face right now.

"Perhaps you should go to bed and lie down, we don't know how bad that shoulder might be yet." Kail was never one for taking chances on an injury, caution and being sure about it were best in his mind.

Brosk nodded in agreement. "If you can manage it go upstairs and I'll be up to check on it as soon as I'm done talking to Kail."

"Fine I'll go." Before she left she looked back at Kail a little angry. "This time don't leave without saying goodbye first."

Once she had reached the stairs and was heading up Brosk turned his attention back to Kail. He leans on the counter, with his arms crossed on top of it. "So Kail you say you're looking for somebody and only need supplies. Mind if I ask what happened at home?"

Kail looked down, he knew that most people that knew him would be curious about it. With a sigh he starts to relate the event. "Well, some demons and monsters came to attack the town, it was far too organized to be a normal attack. When it all started I fought just to get out onto the streets from my home, and when I finally did get there, some of them had gotten inside upstairs. They got my mother." Still looking down some tears welled up in his eyes, still unused to the idea that it was all gone.

-upstairs-

Rin sits down on her bed and starts to clumsily remove her shoes with her left hand. She grumbles to herself. "He comes back again and here I am falling all over the place again." She hits her bed with her right hand in frustration. The impact causes a shock up her arm and into her shoulder. "Ow ow ow. Ok bad idea." She cradles her right arm in her lap and thinks. Why are you back Kail, what happened, where's your smile? She sighs and lays back on her bed her legs still dangling off the side of it.

-downstairs-

"That's hard to hear, your mother was a good one. Are you sure you don't want to stay the night you could use some time, and what about the rest of the town?" Brosk was worried about the whole situation, Kail didn't usually come or go anywhere from that town without somebody directing what he was doing.

He sighs again. "I'll tell you what happened and you're right I do need time to think about things. I guess I could stay a night. But before I say anymore I think you should make sure Rin is ok." He looks towards the stairs, hoping it's not serious.

"Alright if you insist, you know you're welcome to stay as long as you like." Brosk heads for the stairs. "I'll set you up with a room as soon as I'm done checking on her, and you're done telling me what happened."

"Very well I'll wait here then." Kail watched as Brosk started up the stairs. Kail's thoughts buzzed in his head. He's right I need time, to figure out where to go, where that attack came from. Maybe while I'm here I can find out where that thief got to as well, in daylight maybe I can find something. What am I going to do? He scratches his head, shakes it, and sighs. He wasn't sure where to start.

Linehart

Alright been thinking about it if somebody wants to exist in my travels that end in me at Altera. I'd like to have some reasons and some help integrating them into it. This will be a long story warning you now before you get in to deep some of you may already be in too deep. ;) So if you wanna join in just lemme know could be a short running thing with you there or could be a long time gig with lots of adventures with Kail or lots of conflicts. Your choice, if you're interested lemme know.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
If you find any use for me I'd be very happy to join in.
I know my character doesn't have any special powers or twisted plot behind her ways and so I understand if you don't want to bring her into your adventure but I am certainly volunteering just the same.

Linehart

A good character is a good character. No special powers or twisted plot necessary.

On another note as this thread is Kail's travels before reaching Altera, would it be alright for me to open another Journal for his adventures in Altera? So as to avoid confusion between his past and his more current.