Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Looking for Volunteers for a Murder!

What are your thoughts on this event idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
To those who read the title of this thread right, yes, I am looking for people to be killed as part of a series of events I am planning. I plan to create a murder mystery the likes of which this server has most likely never seen, involving an intricate story and a sadistic serial murderer (or murderers). However, in order for this to be an actual decent mystery, I am going to need help in the body count area. For now, I am simply looking for a list of people willing to comply with the terms I am listing below for the roles given for character and NPC, as it is very important that you understand what you are getting into beforehand. A victim of the killings is an essential part of the story, being someone that dies and evokes empathy in others by it. This does mean you will have to agree to some things, and be told the rules and choices you have.

1: Your character will most likely die, and that is that. They can put up a fight, prolong the inevitable as long as they can, but they will die. To survive an attack once is lucky, twice is improbable, thrice is impossible.

2: Your death may be gory, but not graphic. The body of your character will most likely be used by the killer(s) to make a point, which could include mutilation, taxidermy, or manipulation of rigor mortis. However, it shall never be overly descriptive, and if you dislike it, let me know via PM.

3: You can revive your character via the Sisterhood if you talk with me first, though I'd prefer you not. I suggest you chose characters of less importance to you, or ones you just want to get rid of, or offer to play an NPC.

4: As a victim, your name will be entered into a randomizer, from which I will pick a name each murder. When your name is picked, I will contact you and decide on a unique death and death scene specifically for your character. If you wish leave at this point, I will simply chose a new name.

5: This is something you have a chance to back out of. If at any point before the death has been agreed upon mutually should you want to back out, you can.

6: The family and friends of your character have full right to attack and hold grudges against the killer(s), so long as they realize that chances of murdering or imprisoning the killer(s) will be very slim.

If you are willing to agree to these terms, let me know by PMing me or leaving a comment, and let me get back to you! I am also looking for players willing to play NPCs making up the bulk of deaths in the spree, so if interested in that role, tell me! If you wish to help this idea in other ways, please feel free to let me know as well. Thanks!

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
WOO, this seems pretty cool! Just a tip. May want to run the details of condition 2 through staff, as intense gore isn’t allowed.
In any case, I’d love to try and get involved IC as a means of stopping the murderer

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I have a few slight problems with this, otherwise I fully endorse this event.

Saying friends and family can fight back though it would ultimately mean nothing since the killer gets away... I don’t like that. You’re basically saying “well yeah if your character is normally surrounded by friends and family, the killer can strike in the middle of that and then get away no problemo.” So then what’s the point? Yeah you can possibly injure the killer but that’s about it. If you want to do a serial killer event, by all means, I implore you to do so, and I can understand the people themselves not being able to fight back as much since they volunteered for this. But the family did no such thing, and should be able to fight back. If you want to do a really good murder event, stick to motifs, don’t just ask for volunteers. Now obviously this will get much less permadeaths than you were hoping, maybe a couple temps, you’re asking that people hand over characters they’ve been crafting and developing to be slaughtered and never pick them up again just for an event which may not take off, that’s a huge gamble which I, personally, am not willing to take. Now I’m glad you’re still willing to let people revive their characters, which is tempting me to volunteer one of My characters for this to get some rather interesting parties involved, but, leading back to my original point, don’t take other characters’ ability to fight away, just plan out your murder, I wouldn’t mind you oocly watching some group rp to plan out how they’ll do it, how they’ll get away, etc. these are just my thoughts, and if you need victims, I’ll be willing to pm you, but I would like to see a little more effort than “I’ll plan a perfect corpse usage and death, and can whisk the killer out of a fight if it comes down to it.”

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
involving an intricate story and a sadistic serial murderer.
2: Your death will be gory, be aware of that. The body of your character will most likely be used by the killer to make a point, which could include mutilation, taxidermy, or manipulation of rigor mortis.

6: The family and friends of your character have full right to attack and hold grudges against the killer, so long as they do not kill or imprison them before the story arc reaches the ending climax.
2. is not allowed on the server, anything too gory is off limits, think pg13

6. same point as mentioned above, partly, does not make sense for killer to be able to get away b/c "oh but I need to complete my story line" that's not how rp works. perhaps if it were a cult or group partaking in it, so if one person dies another could continue, otherwise, nah.

plus how is this going to work? will it be set event times like hey guys a murder coould happen at this time at this place, is it going to be random? how are you going to organise getting each player on that has been selected at random? how will it be documented? why will people care? will everyone on your hit list die at some point no matter what or will some get away? also serial killers don't normally strike extremely randomly, they all have patterns, usually at least following the circle theory.

idk i think there are a lot of factors of this that can't be server wide endorsed and people have been banned for excessive violence and/or gore before.

A good example of gore being implemented in events without being too extreme but still effective is Elz's events when she used to do exploration ones.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Sounds like something we could talk about in our brand new courthouse here in Blackstone should you get caught :D

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
2. is not allowed on the server, anything too gory is off limits, think pg13

6. same point as mentioned above, partly, does not make sense for killer to be able to get away b/c "oh but I need to complete my story line" that's not how rp works. perhaps if it were a cult or group partaking in it, so if one person dies another could continue, otherwise, nah.

plus how is this going to work? will it be set event times like hey guys a murder coould happen at this time at this place, is it going to be random? how are you going to organise getting each player on that has been selected at random? how will it be documented? why will people care? will everyone on your hit list die at some point no matter what or will some get away? also serial killers don't normally strike extremely randomly, they all have patterns, usually at least following the circle theory.

idk i think there are a lot of factors of this that can't be server wide endorsed and people have been banned for excessive violence and/or gore before.

A good example of gore being implemented in events without being too extreme but still effective is Elz's events when she used to do exploration ones.
The gore will not be too descriptive or extreme, as that's just against server rules, and some deaths might not even be given description for added mystery element.

As for your second problem, this is something that I'm making vague for a reason. The killer (or killers) are not to be given too much description in posts on the forums because the less people know, even OOC, the more suspense. Thank you for bringing some points on the planning to my attention though! I'll be sure to iron those little details out in a separate post soon.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I don't know who this is. It looks like V for Vendetta and Corvo from Dishonored had a weird baby.
Jhin from League of Legends, he struck down anyone that was looked up to by society, but he deemed were beautifully imperfect. Shot a character named Sona through the throat, for while being a great musician, she was mute. and more examples like that.
I still agree with ForestRose, should the killer(s) in question not just long for the extinction of humanity to come asap, much like many people long for the inevitable heat death of the universe, there's gotta be a motif, a theme that goes with the killings. Serial killers never just kill in the same way and do the same things with whatever remains, they target specific people, and im honestly not one for "Well, let's see who volunteers and come up with a linking theme."

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Reminder that the longer you take to put up your revival on queue the harder it is for the Sisterhood to revive you.. just a warning.

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
Jhin from League of Legends, he struck down anyone that was looked up to by society, but he deemed were beautifully imperfect. Shot a character named Sona through the throat, for while being a great musician, she was mute. and more examples like that.
I still agree with ForestRose, should the killer(s) in question not just long for the extinction of humanity to come asap, much like many people long for the inevitable heat death of the universe, there's gotta be a motif, a theme that goes with the killings. Serial killers never just kill in the same way and do the same things with whatever remains, they target specific people, and im honestly not one for "Well, let's see who volunteers and come up with a linking theme."
I do have an underlying motive, but I just can't divulge too much until I see if enough people are willing to get on board. Also thanks for the trivia on Jhin. I don't play LoL, so I wouldn't have guessed that :p

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
My advice: Keep all that you can out of OOC knowledge (I.E. on a forum post, saying the killer is 'x'.) Keep things secret! Otherwise, this is interesting.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I do have an underlying motive, but I just can't divulge too much until I see if enough people are willing to get on board. Also thanks for the trivia on Jhin. I don't play LoL, so I wouldn't have guessed that :p
not motive, motif, very different.
A motive is a reason to do what you do
A motif is a general theme that goes along with your actions
EG:
Emeric's motive for learning was because he thought knowledge was power, and wanted to amass all the knowledge he could.
Emeric's motif when he was younger was that, as a kid, he could still roast adults pretty harshly.

EDIT: Thought of a better analogy, a motive for the killer from Se7en was that he wanted to show how bad humanity could be, or something like that.
His motif was using the 7 deadly sins in each of his murders.

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
The gore will not be too descriptive or extreme, as that's just against server rules, and some deaths might not even be given description for added mystery element..
you literally said it would be in the main post, and also how can you not have descriptions on deaths at all? what if people are nearby? what about people seeing it afterwards? "*there is a guy here, he looks... pretty dead somehow*" with no IC info? no one to be like oh this is a griffin attack or a sword? b/c without adding more gory detail it ain' gonna work.
also, you voted I love it to your own idea??

edit: I'm just saying if this event is allowed to happen, it'll need a lot of staff organisation as well as input. It'll have to be monitored heavily, OOC and IC. If not then how come those using excessive violence and gore were banned before? You can't say a rule can and cannot be used when someone feels like it.

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
you literally said it would be in the main post, and also how can you not have descriptions on deaths at all? what if people are nearby? what about people seeing it afterwards? "*there is a guy here, he looks... pretty dead somehow*" with no IC info? no one to be like oh this is a griffin attack or a sword? b/c without adding more gory detail it ain' gonna work.

edit: I'm just saying if this event is allowed to happen, it'll need a lot of staff organisation as well as input. It'll have to be monitored heavily, OOC and IC. If not then how come those using excessive violence and gore were banned before? You can't say a rule can and cannot be used when someone feels like it.
I understand your concerns, and many of the things you have mentioned I will talk about with staff, etc., but you have to understand this event is still heavily WIP, as the planning has been done, but just needs to be streamlined. I will take care of all of this, but give it time.

Morbid

Lord of Altera
Evil
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Evil
not motive, motif, very different.
A motive is a reason to do what you do
A motif is a general theme that goes along with your actions
EG:
Emeric's motive for learning was because he thought knowledge was power, and wanted to amass all the knowledge he could.
Emeric's motif when he was younger was that, as a kid, he could still roast adults pretty harshly.

EDIT: Thought of a better analogy, a motive for the killer from Se7en was that he wanted to show how bad humanity could be, or something like that.
His motif was using the 7 deadly sins in each of his murders.
And to answer your question, I do have motif planned. I just can't divulge it yet, as I want it to be apparent over time. Like Rossu said, I think it best to keep most of this stuff in shadows for now. I hope that answers your question more clearly.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend

Damn, looks like someone is feeling real positive about this idea