Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Making a mod?

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I was considering learning to mod skyrim once the CK is out. I also plan to learn other programs such as nifskope and blender and Gimp.... again.... (I hate gimp, i used it in college and it just hurts to use).

Anyway, is there anyone that would be interested in helping out? Also I need ideas. Keep things simple if you want to suggest something. No stupidly complex long ideas. I need a basic premise to work off and MAYBE expand upon later.

I'm going to learn to do basic stuff like retexturing and MAYBE modelling if I can be arsed but try and stick to ideas that can use already in game content.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
I think when you Upgrade your armor and weapons they should LOOK different from Basic Sword to Flawless or whatever. :< Just a basic retexturing, just making it look cleaner for all the models. xD

Levaunt

I think I might like it here
I know nothing about the actual modding, but I was planning on checking out the tools when they come out.
I would certainly help with any texturing or graphical stuff. I did some weapons and armor textures for oblivion, completely unique ones at that not just recoloring something.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
I think when you Upgrade your armor and weapons they should LOOK different from Basic Sword to Flawless or whatever. :< Just a basic retexturing, just making it look cleaner for all the models. xD
There are too many levels of upgrade you can get with wayyyyy too many pieces of armor to make that a good idea :p

And I've looked at the oblivion CS a bit and it seems simple enough, its the retextures and modelling thats gonna be the biggest bitch. Oh, and learning to script :p

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
There are too many levels of upgrade you can get with wayyyyy too many pieces of armor to make that a good idea :p

And I've looked at the oblivion CS a bit and it seems simple enough, its the retextures and modelling thats gonna be the biggest bitch. Oh, and learning to script :p
No, i mean just a different for the final Flawless or whatever the highest one is. ;D If it's so perfect that NPCs comment on it, WHY DOES IT ALL LOOK THE SAME?! :O